Baldur's Gate 2 Online Walkthrough by Montresor
When you first arrive in Saradush, you witness a debate between several citizens, led by a woman named Melissan, and some Il-Khan Soldiers. The discussion ends when the soldiers decide to close the citizens' mouths rather ... permanently. When you arrive, the soldiers turn on you and you have to kill them. Not an overly difficult fight.
After the battle, Melissan explains the situation to you: You are in a besieged city and the leader, Gromnir Il-Khan, has locked himself in his fortress and refuses to listen to reason. Now, if only you could speak to him. Thus, your first job is to find a way to speak to Gromnir.
Please note: You are in a city under siege, and staying in the open is dangerous. Fireballs are falling from the sky and if you are hit, you'll take some damage and/or be knocked unconscious for a time. You'd do well to find a place of shelter and not move into the streets unnecessarily.
- This is where you first arrive. You will have to fight a few Il-Khan Soldiers. Loot their bodies for random booty, some Potions of Extra Healing, and a few Halberds +2. After the Fight, Melissan speaks to you and gives you the quest to Speak to Gromnir Il-Khan.
Here is also the entrance to the first level of Gromnir's castle but the door is locked. You will have to find another way in.
Nearby you will find one of the entrances to the Saradush Sewers, one of the possible routes into Gromnir's castle.
- Here is a boy whose father has been killed by one of the fireballs. Your options are:
- Tell him you can't do anything: You get nothing out of this.
- Tell him to get lost, or that you are going to eat him, and he runs away screaming. The party loses 1 reputation point.
- Have a Cleric or Druid speak to him and Raise the father. The party gains 1 reputation point and each party member gets 1,000 XP.
- Up here you will find the wizard Errard organizing the city's defenses. You need to speak to him – or kill him – in connection with the Justice for Mateo quest.
Here is also the entrance to the second level of Gromnir's castle but this door is also locked for now.
- Here is the entrance to the Militia Headquarters where you will get the Justice for Mateo quest.
- Here is the home of Countess Santele. You will need to speak to her in connection with the Justice for Mateo quest.
Outside her home is a young Harlot who isn't really a Harlot – she just wanted your attention so she could ask you to kill Gromnir as revenge for his killing her parents. She will tip you off that there may be a passage into Gromnir's castle through the old prison. You can speak to her again after you have killed Gromnir for 1,000 XP to each party member.
- Here is the entrance to Kiser Jhaeri's home. You will need to come here and speak to Kiser in connection with the Justice for Mateo quest.
- Here is the entrance to Level 1 of the Prison. The door is locked for now but there are two ways of opening it. One is found in the Tankard Tree, the other in the Temple of Waukeen.
- Here is the entrance to the Temple of Waukeen. Here you can find a possible route to Gromnir Il-Khan and also solve the Refuge for the Elves quest.
South of the entrance you can find some humans and dwarves quarrelling. Speak to them and try to calm them a bit. They will fear the wrath of a Bhaalspawn and go their separate ways. Each party member gets 1,000 XP.
- Here is the entrance to the Tankard Tree, the local tavern.
- Down here are two entrances to the Barracks. This is where you can find a way into the Sewers. But prepare for battle first; you are not welcome in the soldiers' private quarters.
Speaking of the Sewers, you can find another entrance to them near one of the doors to the Barracks.
- Here is the entrance to the Arcana Archives. Enter here to get the Lazarus' Spellbook quest. Once you have done the quest, Lazarus Librarus has a shop that sells all scrolls in the game, besides some other goodies.
- Here are two boys. You'll need to speak to the one called Squip in connection with the Lazarus' Spellbook quest. Turns out he stole the spellbook for a man named Hectan.
Nearby is the third entrance to the Sewers.
- Here are some elves being harassed by Il-Khan Soldiers. Speak to the soldiers and threaten them with the wrath of a Bhaalspawn and they will retreat with all possible haste. ;-)
Next, speak to the leader of the elves to get the Refuge for the Elves quest.
If you tell the soldiers you're here to watch the fun, you will lose one reputation point and several NPCs will react strongly. Aerie and Jaheira will walk out on you; Keldorn and Mazzy leave the party and attack!