1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The first new random babble zone for the new forum software. Have at it.

:eek:

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Can smell the fresh paint still... :heh:

3. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

I wasn't through with the old one! Oh well, I do like our new software so I guess a new RBP is due too.

4. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I don't get it. You hire extra help for unloading/packaging and nothing is delivered. I work in a car parts warehouse that receives containers and lorries from different parts of the world. Those consignments take a while to get here meaning that you can plan accordingly.

So why do they hire extra hands when no shipments are due to arrive? And those are the people telling you what to do, and evaluate afterwards. 8 hours of utter boredom.

Last month we were in a meeting to address the overhead hours which are sky-rocketing.

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Is bad planning worse than no planning? It seems that at my work they seem to excel in making highly unrealistic plans. "First time right", they call it. Maybe they've been manager for so long that they forgot that in engineering nothing ever goes right the first time?

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I received my Exploding Kittens today. Can't wait to try it out. [​IMG]

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, we got nearly everything postbit-wise sorted out today, thanks to @catbert , so the place should start feeling more comfortable and reminiscent of our old home. ;)

I'm currently going through the user accounts of the more active members and fixing those first, with the rest to follow shortly after. If I've missed you or if you spot any issues with your account's avatar/title/ribbon display, ping me!

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh boy! I have my quote back too!

9. Taluntain

Media:
    Balance in All Things. :good:

10. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Today I had the day off. Nothing to do at work. Friday 4 hours balancing a broom followed by 4 hours frantic order picking and shipping. If you would organize two picking runs instead of one, the people in the day part have more work, and the extra hired help can stay at home in the evening. Win Win. But no, company police is just one round.

11. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

I finally got signed in. I'm waiting for a tech to bring up a new modem. My current one is failing most of the time. It's pretty old, clunks and makes a lot of noise so time to replace the dang thing. First the router now the modem, Dish is going to start disliking me soon! Back when the new one is installed today.

12. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    methinks Old One is having a senior moment.

13. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Moving this post out of "The Donald" thread kind of ruins the joke. For those late to the party what Old One posted was in the wrong thread and made no sense as it was a thread about Donald Trump. Here in Random Babblings it kind of makes sense.

14. Taluntain

Media:
    Good thing anything makes sense here, more or less. :p

15. Taluntain

Media:
    Getting sidetracked on the 'net -- when you thought that you'd be finished doing one thing but then realize that you've been reading through a dozen unrelated pages and an hour or two have gone by. Whoosh!

16. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I get sidetracked several times a day. Especially if tvtropes is involved.

Also, yay; I has a ribbon.

17. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    That happens to me so often, especially when watching video's.
    one moment i'll be browsing for some music video or funny clip to watch, next thing i know it's a few hours later and i'm watching a How To video on training your hamster to knit tiny scarfs.

And i don't even have a hamster. :p

Taluntain likes this.
  18. Taluntain

Media:
    Damn, now I want to see that hamster knitting video! :lol:

19. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    well, that was more of an example then a real video i've watched, but you never know - it might just be out there! :D

[​IMG]

Taluntain likes this.
  20. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    The real challenge is making sure they don't eat the scarf afterwards.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.