1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Free Games on Gog.com, Epic Store and More

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Taluntain, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    SlickRCBD likes this.
  2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Total Annihilation is currently available for free! GOG's been having some issues though, so you might need to go to their front page to add it to your account.

3. Taluntain

Media:
  4. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I already had Total Annihilation, but Hitman Absolution is exactly the kind of game I'd only get if it was on a heavy discount, so that's pretty convenient :)

5. Taluntain

Media:
  6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  7. Taluntain

Media:
    I never played it myself, but it's one of those legendary titles as you can guess by the 4.9/5 rating. Can't go wrong for a buck.

8. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yes, you should definitely get it. The graphics are dated, the animation is pretty wooden, but the gameplay, story, and characters are great.

9. Taluntain

Media:
  10. henkie

Media:
    I was just going to post it as well ;)

Taluntain likes this.
  11. Taluntain

Media:
  12. henkie

Media:
    Serious Sam: The first encounter for free for the next ~47 hours. Classic horde shooter, the benchmark, one might say, though not necessarily my favorite (I prefer Painkiller, which is faster paced).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2020
    Taluntain likes this.
  13. Taluntain

Media:
  14. Taluntain

Media:
  15. Taluntain

Media:
  16. Taluntain

Media:
  17. Taluntain

Media:
  18. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Taluntain likes this.
  19. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Do I have to download them right away, or is it like GOG where you can click the "get it" and it's added to your library but you can wait to download? It seems I need to install Epics launcher to actually get it.
    I just noticed I only have 39.8gb of hard drive space available (and I can't believe I said "only", considering I recall when 40 megabyte hard drives were the norm and my Windows 98SE computer came with a 20GB drive). I've been meaning to get a bigger hard drive, but being furloughed for 1/2 of the year due to COVID I haven't had the cash to spare. I need to clean my hard drive, but I'm tired tonight and have to help my mother with something after work tomorrow. That only leaves Thursday if there's a deadline.

20. Taluntain

Media:
    I haven't grabbed them yet, so I can't answer that. I don't have an account on Epic yet.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.