Baldur's Gate 2 Online Walkthrough by Montresor
DRUID STRONGHOLD QUESTS
To get the Druid stronghold you must solve the Animal Attacks in Trademeet quest to the point where you defeat Faldorn in single combat. Once done, Master Verthan tells you to rest in the grove when you are ready to accept a task for the spirit of the grove.
Sleep inside what used to be Faldorn's hut, and when you awaken the Spirit of the Grove speaks to you. It tells you of the duties of a druid, and also gives you your first job for the grove.
Trolls have long lived in safety in the Troll Hut in the grove but now a new leader has arisen. Your job is to kill the Troll Shamaness Nilthiri. To help you, the spirit gives you the club The Root of the Problem.
- Go outside to the Druid Grove. Nilthiri will be near the bridge at 4, along with a few more Trolls.
- Kill Nilthiri and her Trolls, and the Spirit of the Grove appears and thanks you for your service. Each party member receives 18,500 XP. The spirit also tells you to tend to your duties beyond the grove, but that you shouldn't let too many weeks pass before you return to sleep there again.
The Possessed Child
10 days after the completion of the first quest, go back to the Druid Grove and sleep inside Faldorn's hut again. The spirit comes to you again and asks you to do another task for the grove.
A child who is destined to become the grove's leader some day is threatened. The boy's name is Loren and he is in Trademeet...
- Go to Trademeet. Loren can be found near the yellow tent at 7.
- Speak to Loren. He tells you that he is hearing voices. Tell him you are here to help him fight the voices, and that he must cast the voices from his body so that you can fight them.
- Chaos appears in the form of a creature (results may vary; I have seen a shadow-like creature and a beholder-like creature). Kill it.
- The Spirit of the Grove appears again. Each party member receives 20,500 XP and the spirit tells you that it will not call upon you again, but that you may return to challenge for leadership of the grove.
For your services to the grove the spirit gives you the Golden Lion Figurine.
So that is more or less that for the Druid Stronghold quests. Except...
Challenge for Leadership
When you reach 1,500,000 XP and become 14th level Druid, you can challenge for the leadership of the grove.
Not that you get much choice in the matter; you are expected to do so! When you reach level 14, a Druid appears when you are travelling outside and summons you to the Druid Grove...
- Travel to the Druid Grove and find Faldorn's Hut at 15.
- Before entering, you may want to rearrange your spellbook for a one-on-one battle. Then rest to make sure you're prepared.
- Make whatever preparations you feel necessary, then enter the hut and speak to Master Verthan. He asks you if anyone is ready to challenge for leadership of the grove. Your only option is to answer that you are.
- You find yourself in the fighting pit where you fought Faldorn. This time your opponent is a Druid who puts up more of a fight and summons more monsters if allowed to.
- If you can get off an early Swarm Curse, that should more or less settle the matter in your favor. Then shapeshift to Bear or Werewolf and claw him up. ;-)
- When he goes down, you are automatically transported back to Master Verthan. Your title changes to "Great Druid", and the party receives 20,000 XP; 10,000 GP; a Ring of Protection +2; and a Cleric's Staff +3. Don't forget to pick up your inventory where you dropped it before entering the challenge ring.
And this completes the Druid Stronghold quests.