Baldur's Gate 2 Online Walkthrough by Montresor
THE EVIL CLERIC STRONGHOLD: THE TEMPLE OF TALOS
When you have finished the Unseeing Eye quest, if you are a Cleric of Evil alignment, you are offered a position in the Temple of Talos. The temple serves the Chaotic Evil god of storms and you will have to serve the temple.
Stormherald Nallabir directs you to Acolyte Vilon who can be found at 2 in the temple. Vilon rather sourly explains your duties: You are to provide guidance to the followers who seek Talos' advice. Of course you should offer the kind of guidance that Talos would approve of, or you may lose your place in the temple.
First Stronghold Quest: Glinden's Unfaithful Wife
Acolyte Vilon sends you the first follower to seek your advice and tells you that he will be back in three days to evaluate how you did.
- The first seeker of your wisdom is Glinden. He and his wife used to be close but lately he has been working too much, and his wife has found a lover.
- Talos' advice is quite clear: Glinden should kill the missus and her lover! Glinden isn't too happy with the advice but this is what Talos wants. Glinden goes off to do your bidding.
- One day later, go back to the temple. Glinden will be back to tell you he has done as you asked, and that he found it rewarding. Glinden leaves a happier man!
- When he has left, Inspector Ardis of the local constabulatory introduces himself. He tells you that he ignores some of the church's "activities" so long as the church cooperates with the local authorities. Well, while he is here you might as well take the opportunity to tell him that you happen to have heard of a man named Glinden who has murdered his wife and another man. Inspector Ardis thanks you profusely before leaving.
- After three days Acolyte Vilon is back to evaluate you. He is well pleased with the path you chose and gives you your share of the reward for turning in Glinden: 200 GP. The party also receives 20,000 XP for this excellent solution to Glinden's problem.
Second Stronghold Quest: Ti'Vael has Killed a Man
- The next vict.... seeker of wisdom is a Dwarf named Ti'Vael. He got into a fight recently and killed his opponent. Now he wants the church's advice on what he should do.
- Now, you could of course advice him to turn himself over to the authorities or pay reparations to the man's family. But this is not Talos' way. Advice him to kill all witnesses. After all, if nobody says otherwise, the killing happened in an honest duel, right? With that, Ti'Vael runs off to do your bidding.
- A day later, Ti'Vael is back to tell you it's over. He has done as you said.
- However, you should tell him it is NOT over. It will be, of course, after you have killed him and taken his murderous head to the authorities. With that, kill Ti'Vael. He drops a few mundane items and Ti'Vael's Head.
- Take it and head (tee-hee!) over to the Government District and enter the Council of Six Building. Inspector Ardis will be at 4. Give him the head and tell him that you found out the church had a foul murderer in its flock. Ardis is most grateful!
- When next Acolyte Vilon meets you, three days after you first spoke to Ti'Vael, he is also mighty pleased with the chaos and destruction you have sown, and with the monetary reward the church has received for turning in this evil killer. The party receives 500 GP as your share of the loot, along with 20,000 XP for your brilliant advice to the seekers.
Third Stronghold Quest: Rania has Lost her Faith
- The third seeker is Rania who has lost her faith and needs the church's advice on what to do.
- However, what need has Talos of the faithless? Kill her!
- Which might seem a harsh measure. But three days later Acolyte Vilon is back and very happy with your solution to this problem. The party gains another 20,000 XP.
Fourth Stronghold Quest: Cotirso Wants Your Position
- Next up is Cotirso, a long-time follower of Talos who resents the fact that you were promoted over him. He believes he should have had your position.
- Now, you could simply kill him and resolve the matter in that way but there is a better way ... well, better in the eyes of Talos. Tell Cotirso he can have what he wants – for now! while you plot his downfall.
- Cotirso will tell you that his reputation is impeccable and that there is nothing you can do to destroy him. Oh really?
- Go back to the Council of Six Building and speak to Inspector Ardis again. Report the murder of Rania, and tell him Cotirso did it! Ardis will certainly suspect foul play but he nonetheless seizes the opportunity to crack yet another murder case.
- Go back to the Temple of Talos and speak to Acolyte Vilon again. He is also very happy with the way you handled the situation. Cotirso was a pain in the ass anyway, and the church has profited for helping to solve the killing of poor little Rania. ;-) And, it is very much in the spirit of Talos that Cotirso should rot in prison for a murder he didn't commit. This time the party receives 700 GP and no less than 30,000 XP.
Fifth Stronghold Quest: Kill Dawnmaster Kreel
Acolyte Vilon gives you your last job for the temple. The followers of the good god Lathander are Talos' enemies and it is time to strike a blow against them! Your job is to kill Dawnmaster Kreel, head of the Temple of Lathander.
Be warned that from now on, all members of the Lathander temple will be hostile!
- Anyway, go out into the Temple District and seek out the Temple of Lathander at 3. You will have to fight your way past a few Morning Knights. Each of the knights drops mundane equipment and minor treasure.
- Inside the temple, kill whatever knights stand in your way and fight your way to Dawnmaster Kreel. Kill him. He drops some minor treasure and a Mace +1.
- Once the Dawnmaster lies dead, his blood mingling with that of his followers, you're ready to report back to Acolyte Vilon. For this final service to Talos you receive sanctuary in the temple with no further duties. The party receives 2,000 GP and a whopping 35,000 XP.
This concludes the Stronghold quests of the Evil Cleric.