[PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PARAGRAPH NUMBERS ON THIS PAGE DO NOT REFER TO THE NUMBERS ON THE MAPS!]
1. At around #17 of level 1 of the Temple, youll notice a couple of Bugbears patrolling this room. Its a cell block. Most of the cells contain Zombies and such. One of them along the eastern half, however, holds a Gnome prisoner named Wonnilon. He was sent here on a reconnaissance mission into the Temple. Unfortunately, he was caught and is now missing his backpack of equipment. Wonnilon is a joinable NPC.
Under normal circumstances, Wonnilon is rather evasive and withdrawn. Getting much of anything out of him is difficult at best. However, if the character speaking to Wonnilon is wearing the ring given by the Gnome located at #6 of the Moathouse Dungeon, Level 2, Wonnilon proves much friendlier. He wants the party to locate his missing backpack.
The backpack is nearby, in another cell north of Wonnilons.
2. Wonnilon relocates himself to #21 of the Temple of Elemental Evil, level 1. He is glad for the recovery, but theres a problem. His crossbow and Scroll of Control Plants are missing. Hed like you to look into that. In the meantime, his newfound room of meditation provides a safe resting place for the party.
3. His crossbow and Scroll of Possession are in the possession of the Hill Giant, Scorpp. Scorpp can be found at #4 in the Temple of Elemental Evil, Level 3. Kill the giant and bring the items back to Wonnilon. Wonnilon keeps the crossbow, but lets you have the Scroll.
1. Two priests of the Fire Temple, Tubal and Antonio, can be found at #17 of Level 2. Speak to Tubal, the half-orc priest near the north door of the room. He wants an ornate mace from Antonio. He gives you a sort of code-word to remind Antonio that he owes a gambling debt.
2. It wont take much to convince Antonio to relinquish the mace. A fair skill in Diplomacy or Intimidate will do the trick.
3. Hand the mace over to Tulab, and get a Ring of Protection +1 as a reward.
4. If you like, you can pursue further conversational threads with both Tulab and Antonio to convince them to kill each other off. As far as I know, this isnt really significant to the partys progress in the game. Heck, Alremm apparently doesnt mind at all.