1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Covid-19 Restrictions

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sorvo, Apr 28, 2020.

1. WickedPrince Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Dang why didn't any of us think of that. :D

SlickRCBD likes this.
  2. SlickRCBD Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    OK, I think this is going to far.
    I installed a webcam for net meetings. After I got it tested, I took a sip of water and it went down the wrong pipe and I started coughing.
    The anti-virus then popped up and said I hadn't run an antivirus scan in 30-some days, would I like to run one now?
    Funny coincidence or is it?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Personalized advertising. Everyone is watching you... :cool:

4. WickedPrince Gems: 7/31

I was just watching a youtube a few days ago about a woman who had worked for Cambridge Analytica - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook–Cambridge_Analytica_data_scandal who was saying that many of the applications we install on our computers and smart phones include TOS clauses that let them turn the camera on and record you when-ever they want. . . All so they can help you with relevant advertising of course. . .

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Pretty sure that's illegal in the EU. But that is also why I tape off the cameras on laptops and phones. Just to be sure.

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 24/31

Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    Well, Chicago has a city-wide Stay-At-Home Order starting today. Most of the signs were proclaiming it at the bus stops and Ogilvie Transportation Center.

The Loop had fewer people than I've ever seen walking from work on Lasalle (only a few blocks) to the train station this evening. They didn't say anything about work being closed on Monday however.

Although I did have a funny thought. I'm a temp working at Northern Trust in Chicago, and it occurred to me that if I walked into a bank wearing a mask this time last year, security would have been all over me.
    Now if you walk into a bank without a mask they get all over you.

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Funny, I've thought about the whole mask and bank think from the start. I imagine there are some identifying features of the face above the nose and mouth however.

B.C. has issued a mandate that masks will be mandatory in all indoor public spaces in British Columbia. I think it's a relief to retailers who've had to deal with covidiots arguing their rights to not wear a mask.

8. SlickRCBD Gems: 24/31

Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    I'm just thinking of the irony the company hired me to image and prepare laptops so their workers can stay at home, as a result I'm now leaving home and going in to work.

Masks have been mandatory in Illinois since March. @Blackthorne TA , thanks for the tip about tying string to the mask. It makes it so much more comfortable when it's not hurting my ears.

9. Dice

Media:
    Bta gave you a tip about tying masks? This world no longer makes sense to me.

10. SlickRCBD Gems: 24/31

Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    It's in this thread, a quote is at the top of this page and the actual tip is on page 3.

Dice likes this.
  11. WickedPrince Gems: 7/31

Yeah we're going back into hard lockdown to some extent; restaurants that had just reopened to indoor diners now closed etc. Our state governor HAD previously pretty much said "wear a mask if you want to; but you should" and now is pushing harder for everybody to do so as the number of new cases skyrockets.

I generally dress a kind of hybrid between black leather jacket and engineer boots punker and black-hat cowboy; the mask I've been wearing is a black bandana with Anarchy symbols printed onto it. I've commented several times that wearing the mask makes me feel like a wild-west bank-robber and gotten a few laughs. Mostly nobody says anything though.

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Happy to help! Glad it worked out for you. :)

13. Dice

Media:
    Both cool, and frightening to seniors.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 8:10 AM
  14. WickedPrince Gems: 7/31

I am 58; if I scare them too bad. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.