1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Zorac's bug fix page!!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by toast, Mar 29, 2001.

1. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

2. Igor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] there was already a post with that site

3. toast Gems: 7/31

I know.

I just bumbed to a topic so it wouldn't be missed. Which is what I said in that topic.

4. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I already tried asking this in another topic that mentioned these fixes, but since the bug-fix web page has it own topic now...

Does anyone have any idea if these fixes will cause any ill effects when ToB is released and installed on top of them. I'd hate to loose my save games because ToB didn't like, for instance, the fact that some changes were done to how darts are handled in the game.

[This message has been edited by Bowie (edited March 29, 2001).]

5. toast Gems: 7/31

They go into the "Override" folder, so there's no reason you couldn't just delete them if you're worried.

[This message has been edited by toast (edited March 29, 2001).]

6. toast Gems: 7/31

The site is actually loaded with different fixes. Some are a little overkill, like making the Sword of Roses a 2d4+3 which is how it's described, from the 1d8+3 which it really acts like, to ones that are much more critical.
    A Jaheria romance fix for example.
    Playing a thief with boots of speed, I can sometimes sneak up on someone to backstab them, and pop out of the shadows and stand there for up to 2 rounds.. 12 seconds, before actually striking, losing the surprise and getting attacked FIRST. That sucked. But there's a fix for that too.
    Check it out.

7. Mage_0 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Has anybody actually tried any of these fixes.

8. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I've just started a new game using all of them. Strange thiings so far:

- My barbarian heals a lot when he rests
    - I 'mislaid' a rod of resurection
    - the powerful rod in the unseeing eye quest consumed me when I picked up the second half in the beholder's pit

The thing is, I can't blame any of these on the patches for certainty becuase:

- The barbarian healing might just be part o the kit I hadn't noticed or due to something like the helm of Bladuran (I haven't checked things out as it's useful to be healed)
    - I might have lost the rod while shuffling an overloaded inventory screen on the move.
    - I might have doubled clicked on the rod when I picked it up by mistake thus triggering it more than once (which you are warned about)

So in conclusion, I take the view that patches are normally a good thing (although the second patch for Hidden and Dangerous was awfull) and I haven't experienced anything partticularly bad or good so far.

Another 'not very helpful really' post compliments of Slappy.

9. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Oh yes, the doors to Bodhi's lair are all open again and I could continue my evil quest. Thanks again Zorac for giving us that link!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.