1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Zombasite - Interview @ Co-Optimus

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Apr 26, 2016.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]Co-Optimus has interviewed Steven Soldak for Zombasite.

Co-Optimus: What's something new that Zombasite brings to the table?

Steven: That greatly depends on what we are comparing Zombasite to.

Compared to other action RPGs, Zombasite has a dynamic world that changes based on what the player does or doesn't do, what the other clans do, and even what the monsters do. It also has lots of zombie mechanics like how you get infected, what can cure infections, what can detect infections, and even mutations that can make the plague even worse.

Compared to other zombie games, the biggest difference is that Zombasite is in a fantasy setting instead of the more common modern day setting. With a fantasy setting you have medieval weapons and armor, magic, fantasy type classes, non-zombie monsters, and more.

Co-Optimus: One of the more interesting features of Zombasite, to me, is how the world doesn't seem to wait for you to act. Quests will come and go (which may lead to some serious problems for your clan), NPCs will fight with one another, and clans/enemies will act in their own interests to further their power. It's very impressive but I can't help but wonder why. Why go to such lengths for an action-RPG?

Steven: Why wouldn't you want the game world to dynamically respond to everything? :) Personally I think the dynamic world makes everything more immersive and adds a lot of replayability. You never quite know what is going to happen. I'm even surprised sometimes and vow to get revenge on some NPC that betrayed me when I wasn't expecting any trouble.​

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2016
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.