1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)
  1. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

this is a question I've been looking into, but haven't really been able to figure out. The breeding of a Yuan-Ti Pureblood and a human produces what exactly? The stats and descriptions of Half-Yaun-Tis are much more similar to Yuan-Ti Abominations and are also higher in the social order then Yuan-Ti Purebloods. I would have to imagine that the breeding of a human with a Pureblood produces something more human in appearance then the Pureblood who can often pass as human.

My curiousity from this stems from a character I have made who's suppose to care a good deal of Yuan-Ti blood (ideally his mother is a Yuan-Ti Pureblood) which has caused him to be exiled from a small kingdom where his father is a king The king discovered the identity of his wife and exiled his son until his son could prove he could over come the taint of his bloodline).

Now this character I've made is only suppose to carry a few snake traits (a forked tongue, fangs, and maybe that clear eyelid snakes have) so I need to know if a being who's father is human and mother is a Yuan-Ti Pureblood would look mostly human or if they would indeed look like the snake like Half-Yaun-Ti.

Any information about this type of pairing or maybe what AD+D book would deal with this would be great.

2. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Greetings!

I belive the part you are interested in is:

Purebloods: is any Yuan-Ti that can pass of for a human (with clothing, makeup, etc.)

Half-blood: Is any Yuan-Ti with obvious snakelike appendages or traits, like a tail etc.

Taken from the book: Serpent Kingdoms, Forgotten Realms.

Other books of interest, Monsters Manual is always a good start, forgotten Realms Campaign Setting bok usually hold most changes or differences done from the Monsters Manual, Players Guide to Faerun might hold something of interest as well as Races of Faerun.

But I am afraid your plan there might be alittle difficult to accomplish as you had planned ? if your character is borne with a Serpent head ?

Edit: 400th post, the Bloodstone is Awesome! w00t!

3. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

damn, I was under the impression that the half-bloods where a byproduct of an abomination breeding with a human (since all Yuan-Ti should have some human blood in them, abominations shouldn't be unable to interbreed with humans with the right spells to... help them gain the right parts). Since Purebloods (never understood why they where called this) contain the most human blood, I assumed their offspring with with humans would look more human, but this wouldn't be the first time my theory of progression has been shot down by WotWC.

When I first encountered the description of the Half-Yuan-Ti, I came to the conclusion they where not they byproduct of the Purebloods and humans because the half-blood has a higher level adjust then the Purebloods. Never made since to me that the coupling of two races would produce a being more powerful then it's sire (or something less like it's sire for that matter) which is why I've looked to see if there was such thing as a "half-Yuan-Ti Pureblood".

[ January 24, 2006, 20:55: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Excerpts from the 2e Monstrous Manual (p.369):
    Really, I think they started out as all halfbreeds and breeded both ways: toward the human half and the snake half. Your PC would likely be a pureblood, maybe even an outcast from yuan-ti society. :hmm:

5. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

I was hoping to get past that +5 level adjust, but then I suppose the Purebloods really are just the product of incorporating more and more human blood into the gene pool. Would work too, as some Yuan-Ti Purebloods have very few snake features (sometimes only one patch of scales in an out of sight place), he'll just have to be sure he doesn't open his mouth too often.

Much more appropriate then being stuck using the snake blood feat. Just have to make sure any DM is willing to allow such a powerful race to be played as a "player character".

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.