1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yoyo dawg, I'm go' get ma homies together, and i'm go' come round to yo' turf...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by hooligan_inc, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Long Live the 60s!

Has anybody heard of Stan Rogers? His music accompaniment was so extreme that every other song that they performed in concert was sung a-coppella so that the guitarist's fingers wouldn't start to bleed!

If you get the chance, log on to Napster or some other mp3 distributor and check out some of his band's songs. Witch of the Westmorland is a great fantasy song. Great stuff, check it out.

And I agree yo Krazy Wise 'n' Grey homey. I did my homework. Hip-hop and rap are most certainly different. Perhaps I should clarify: I don't like Puff Daddy, Snoop Dogg, etc. and all those chick performers like Jennifer Lopez. Eminem could disapear off the face of the planet, and I wouldn't care.

But Beasty Boys rock! In my High School, we had a music video competition and my class did Sabotage. In the video, we raided the school wearing black jumpsuits. No, seriously we did. :D

2. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

if i had to choose my favorite rap group it would be cypress hill, eminem, or beastie boys, but i overall dislike rap, the music i do like has changed some since i last posted so here it is:

beastie boys
    rage against the machine
    deftones
    led zeppelin
    the doors (or anything mike morrison 'cept american prayer, god does that cd suck!)
    buckcherry
    our lady peace
    offspring
    black sabbath
    deep purple
    stillwater
    verticle horizon
    cypress hill
    the beta band
    eminem
    the thirteenth floor elevators
    guns 'n roses
    violent femmes (only the song blister in the sun)
    metallica
    pink floyd
    white light white heat
    cream
    the who
    red hot chilly peppers
    grateful dead
    jethro tull
    barenaked ladies
    weird al
    the velvet underground
    john wesley harding
    soundgarden
    wallflowers (only the album bringing down the horse)
    motorhead
    dream theatre
    gentle giant
    third eye blind
    rush
    yes
    megadeth
    the beatles
    muddy waters

yeah i know it's long, but notice that the majority are those good old 60's and 70's bands

[This message has been edited by The Fat Egg (edited April 18, 2001).]

3. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

[​IMG] i'm the original legendary genital mutilator with my trusty war hammer +5 "neuterer" ;)

4. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    hey Egg, how many CDs do you have? My mom buys a (used) CD every couple weeks. She now has a 200 CD collection, and listens to maybe 15 of them. You aren't like that, right? ;)

my favorite bands:
    offspring
    disturbed
    godsmack
    rage against the machine (I hate Zach for leaving)
    Bad Religion
    Linkin Park

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I listen to rock. But I prefer all the acoustic alternative stuff to the screaming and shit. I'd choose Duncan Shiek over K0rn anyday. Some of the metal is not bad though, like disturbed. I listen to a bit of Techno too, but I don't know shit about it, like who the HELL cares whether it's "House" or "Trance" right? Techno is Techno, that's that ;)

6. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

hehe, i've got 1000+ CDs and about two of them are rap. I've got everything from Mozart to They Might Be Giants, but the best stuff out there now is an instrumental "post-rock" band called Tortoise. I tend to like a lot of stuff but I stay away from anything having ANYTHING to do with Celine Dion and/or any guy band made popular within the last five years with a number in it's name (i.e. Matchbox 20, Third Eye Blind, 3 doors down, finger 11, blink 182, etc...) with the only exception to that rule being Ben Folds Five, who are pretty decent IMHO.

Oh yeah, and some of you need to lay off the swearing. Your keyboards must need to be cleaned at least once a day from typing with those dirty hands. :D

7. caleb Banned

[​IMG] I like rap but I agree most of the latest rappers suck especially those "dirty south" rappers that just say the words with no flow at all and at concerts go "you know the words......sing em" then just stand there with the mike to the crowd.To the person that wants some original rap videos try looking at missy elliots and busta rhymes videos.I notice a lot of you that say ALL rap sucks and is not music are only listening to 60's music that you probably listened to as a kid and now the old person gene is kickin in and all new music is just noise to you...oh well you'll die soon anyway so we wont have to listen to you much longer :)

8. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Good taste egg! I like your list though I have to add my all time favourites The Rolling Stones.

btw I don't understand your dislike of the American Prayer album :D :D

Other artists I like very much are
    Dire Straits
    Eurythmics
    Lou Reed
    REM
    U2
    ZZ Top
    Chieftains
    Bob Dylan

9. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31

You can't disrespect Outkast or Goodie mOB, though. They are easily the best the south has to offer.

10. hooligan_inc Guest

#I'm happy, I'm feelin' glad I got sunshine, in a bag,I'm useless, but not for long my future, is comin' on its comin' on, its comin' on....#

THAT IS THE BEST SONG EVER!!!!

11. caleb Banned

Yea I forgot outcast and goodie mob were southern and the video for clint eastwood kicks ass too!

12. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

I don't hate all rap, I don't listen to just 60s music.

But as long as we're talking about hating, I'll list the bands(styles) that I like the least:

Boy bands, Britney Spears...what a whore, acid bands, twangy country, and a lot of modern rap.

Yeah, I'm kind of a metal guy myself but I like good country and some other stuff. Anybody heard Dropkick Murphy's rendition of "Amazing Grace"? Really cool.

13. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

i have precisely 567 cd's 456 cassettes and 345 records not to mention too many mp3s to count, im a big collecter

14. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    All that stuff is so ghetto! Beastie Boys!

15. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] There you go... the Beastie Boys. My favorite line of music comes from Intergalatic...
    "I'll stir fry you in my wok!" Good stuff.

16. Wingfoot Guest

Egg you have vinyl huh? thats sweet. i think vinyl sounds pretty damn good!

17. caleb Banned

I used to hate country but the video for "I am a man of constant sorrow" is changing my mind.

18. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I also guard almost 400 vinyls but have no turntable since 5 years. It's like collecting stamps :) Got the last one in 1989.

19. Wingfoot Guest

LOL Bogi! why dont you just go buy a turntable. you can a good one cheap these days. i have 2 of em as well a microphone.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.