1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your worst punishment?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sylvus Moonbow, Jan 4, 2001.

1. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Psst, Shura, now that I know you live in Singapore, would you happen to know how much the 3rd Edition PHB and DMG costs over there?

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Rak, the D&D books cost about 40 to 50 Singapore dollars in Kinokuniya Bookstore. The handbooks cost around 18. ...Can't afford it....
    And Vandalore, here's my icq:73606952
    my mom uses the PC alot so if i'm not responding, it's probably her.

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Shura you are from Singapore right? Yet you do not sound like a Singaporean. For one, you use intelligent words while the common Singaporean uses words like, lah, angmoh, abaden etc. That drives me nuts!

Heck i know what you mean mate, i lived in Singapore for 5 years and i found it absolutly stupid! Everykid was dog tired having to get up from 4am - 6am just to get to a school which is only a few kilometeres away. Plus they just hammered you with Homework and homework! My biggest punishment in Singapore was being cained 4 times for talking once. Plus, i was punched in the arm by a teacher for making a sign. Plus i was slapped repeatedly for not understanding yes UNDERSTANDING a mathematical equation in algebra (i wonder why she never slaped other kids for not understanding similar things...that also goes for that teacher who punched me) which they drilled into you at the age of 11. And Shura this was just in a primary school! Haig Boys school to be exact! And i guess that this "multi-racial" country did a bit in developing myself...a bitter self that is. Singapore is wonderful & happy. It is full of co-operation and love! MY ARSE IT IS!

Hey Shura which part of Singapore do you live in? I lived in Tampanies/Changi.

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Hey Shura, whats your race? I'm English/Singaporean (Malay). And i also agree on the racism bit. Notice in schools that the different racial groups stuck to only thier race groups during recess. And one other thing that drives me nuts (i'm tempted to use swear words but i'll refrain) is that most of the chinese teachers that taught me always condemed europeans making fun of their ways and speech! And they promote Singlish! Saying its a language! Well its not! Its just plain lazyness! Gobbledespook! God I cringe when i think of schools in singapore! They just indoctrinate you with crap about other nations and countries! I want the PAP removed! And why does Lee Quan Yew have power? He's not the prime minister! He can't make decisions! Yet he still acts as if he still governs singapore!

5. Shura Gems: 25/31

I get insulted a lot by my peers about my speech. I'm chinese, by the way. Even though I fill in my forms as 'human'. I live in Hougang, that's in central Singapore. I'm part-timing as a teacher in a studentcare centre now and the amount of work given to the children is horrible. Bigotry is inbred among the races. The chinese going 'those lazy malays' and the malays going 'those sinful and decadent chinese'. I would say the most tolerant race are the Indians. Of course, I'm just generalizing. And as for Singlish, the govt is now discouraging it, with hilarious results. Lee Guan Yew is the 'Senior' minister, meaning that he is essentially the emperor of Singapore. An asshole he might be, but his efficiency and skill cannot be denied. Singapore is too small and weak to support democracy like America and the PAP's dictatorship is that which has kept the nation alive and prosperous. But damn I hate it.

6. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

Ah, all that abuse is the same all over Asia. Once in primary school another guy and I were punished severely for not doing homework by a pregnant teacher. She was unusually maliceful during her pregnancy, so I think she went nuts or something.

Anyway after the physical abuse she sent us out of the class so we'd miss the lesson. We were supposed to stand just at the door, at attention, but both of us had enough and said "F*CKIT" and decided to loiter around instead. So we sat behind and outside the classroom instead and chatted.

So this guy was really spiteful towards the teacher, he started saying how unjust it was to be physically abused over homework, and I agreed wholeheartedly. Then his ranting got worse and worse. He started saying he would rape the teacher if he could get his hands on her and such, and I was shocked into silence. We were only 12 at the time!

He started ranting and raving, and he asked me what I'd do, but I was trained better than him and knew to maintain radio silence in enemy territory. I said "Errrr...??!!", but he continued anyway. He even said he'd rape her baby! My God! I asked him, "The baby??! But it did no wrong!". He said he didn't care.

So I sat there in silence listening to his raving, until at last a prefect was sent to call us back into the class. The whole class looked at us strangely and the teacher did no look us in the eye.

Such is the lesson, that violence, even when used with "law" or "justice" will forment greater evil.

I could go on to how people go insane or sociopathic from such treatment, but I won't. Evidently despite the high number of amok cases in Asia us idiots never learn! Everything is TRADITION TRADITION TRADITION. My ASS.

Thank you, I'm done ranting now. :)

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Well, tradition is good for us, but with this changing and modernizing world, tradition will fall behind with the past quickly.

Yes, I agree, Lee Quan Yew has done a good job of keeping Singapore alive and floating but one thing i can't take is the way he takes everyone to court should they disagree with him! Thats pathetic! And yes the Indian community seem to be the most 'tolerant' people i knew - 3 of my closest friends are indians. I personally see the 3 races as this (no offense is meant here should you be offended)

Chinese - Money makers/finace experts
    Malay - Very Friendly race (work best in jobs that require socializing with people)
    Indian - Flexible race (in terms of jobs)
    Europeans - fill in the odd/specific but important necessities of work

Its upto you on whether you agree to this but from my experiences, this is how I would generalize the races in terms of work.

And so much for nationalism, they say you ought to be proud of your country and that you should protect it and feel proud to be Singaporean when they won't let Malay's be part of the airforce?

OK, calm down now...

8. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

When I was 13, I made the mistake of calling my mom a bitch. Within moments my dad and I were fighting, wrestling, fisticuffs, the whole enchilada. This surprised the hell out of me because I had never been beaten or anything, although I got the wooden spoon a couple of times when I was young.

In hindsight, I know I was being a little asshole and I deserved what I got. Other than that I've always been well-behaved. Then there was the time I called my femmy 11th grade English teacher a "fuckin' pussy", got a three-day suspension for that...

9. Sol'Kanar Guest

[​IMG] Wow people. I have never been punished for anything really except maybe a grounding that was never enforced. Mostly this is becuase I never get caught myself.(scored neutral evil on the alignment test) I never knew about modern life in countries like Singapore. If I had saw and heard such things I would be absolutly shocked. The worst thing I've seen here in the US in a quiet suburban town is a few pansy fool "bullies" taunting me and calling me a devil-worshipper because of the pentacle I wear around my neck. Never any real physical abuse or anything like that areound here. Living like you describe would terrify me, at least at first.

10. Shura Gems: 25/31

Hey, I got Neutral Good. But that's not going to stop me from dividing paladins into smaller pieces!!
    :D

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Shura - You're such a goody - goody! YOU should be a paladin! :D

Or I'm beginning to think you secretly want to be one... ;)

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited January 26, 2001).]

12. Shura Gems: 25/31

You'll die for such blaphesmy! :D
    Nah, I'm too anti-authoritarian and non-judgemental to be a paladin. My circle of friends who are all evil or chaotic neutral in alignment just get so pissed off with me sometimes.
    Besides I abuse smileys. :D

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] You can never have too many smilies! :D

14. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Huh. The worst I got was a spanking, a grounding, and no sci-fi reading for a month.

I agree with you, Shura, but what are you gonna do? I say, put up with that crap until you can get outa there, and move to a more 'civilised' country. If that's allowed. (I know nothing of Singapore, except that kids who shave cats and paint cars get caned there.)

As far as community service goes, six hours isn't bad. My old high school, in the USA (New York), is going to require forty hours starting next year.

15. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

You mean Michael Fay or something like that? That idiot deserved the caning.

Frankly I have no mercy nor pity for vandals or animal abusers.

How would you like it if it was YOUR car that was scratched and painted, and YOUR pubes shaved just because you're a cat and can't fight back and have no legal rights?

So I say CANE the fucker, it isn't personal, just the law, because if it's me they'd get a very personal beating.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I definitely agree here.
    If I hate something, than violence towards helpless animals like cats is on the top of the list. Caning is a mild punishment for anyone who enjoys or thinks something like that is funny.
    Retarded imbeciles like that make me sick.

17. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Oh trust me, the bastard deserved it. And a couple more. If someone did that to my car I'd beat the crap out of him with a tire iron.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as though I thought that he didn't deserve it. I honestly do not know much about Singapore. Sounds to me like it has a communist government, but I was led to believe that there are few countries that still subscribe to that governmental mindset.

18. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

The worst punishment I ever got was when I was in the 8th grade.

My sister, who was in highschool took me and my friend to a football game. Afterward she just left me in front of the shcool and took off with her friends. After an hour of waiting for my dad, and trying to get through to someone, we decided to walk to her house.

On the way we almost got beat up by a couple of 10th graders, cause they thought we were someone else they new who had been giving them trouble. After that scary bit, we finally got to her house, only to find out that my mom had called out the cops to find us. She was so angry that we had been missing for 2 and 1/2 hours that she literally grounded me for a year!

She slowly lifted off different punishents as time went on, but did that suck!

19. John Crichton Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Shura if i was you i would flee the country the first chance i got lol.

20. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You know there was one this jack@$$ who has this NWN site. Anyway, I came to his site, hoping to liven up his very dull boards and support his site. And what were the thanks I got? He made me into a jester for his own personal sick amusement or whatever reason he might have had. I won't even metion what he had me wearing. Anyway, I really don't know why he did it. I just remember that guy was a jerk. Glad there's noone like that around here. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.