1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Weapons

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Khazraj, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have a Bastard Sword (1115 cm blade) and a Short Sword (45 cm blade). I'm not very proficient with them, but I'm trying to find enough tiem for training. A friend told me about courses on sword fighting, but I have to find out where they are given.
    Someday I will be able to wield them both and not embarrass myself :D

edit: ok, that was indeed 115 cm :rolleyes:

[ October 02, 2003, 09:21: Message edited by: Baldrak ]

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    (1115 cm blade) tyeah right :shake:

I have my keyboard, my cats and a bunch of cd's, give me a scissors and some time and I'll have shuriken :D

3. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

im fairly sure he meant 115 but he could be serious exaggerator so never know :D

Me i got a buck knife, an egyptian dagger, and i got a scimitar and battle axe, i should have a set of katanas soon too

4. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    I have an asortment of toy guns and even one that makes dodgey machine gun Sound effects :D I love them all as if they were my own (which they are but you know what I mean). I would like to one day own a coollection of swords in the main areas of: katana, Bastard sword, and two handed, I once saw this hefty scottish claymore and I want it but I'm too young :sosad: .

I prefer medi-evil weapons and japanese weapons, and despise sabres cos they look silly (sorry all you sabre fans).

And a quick question does anyone own some "Tonfa" they're kind of wooden things but they're hard to describe. You'll know them if you own Dynasty Warriors 4 I think Sun Ce uses them.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have a big wooden stick/cane... and a short metal, hooked stick, both are very effective and make nice swishy noises :grin:

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Me?

I have an aerodynamic hunting knife, aka a throwing knife but I can't say it's one because they're illegal. It's a nice one, and sharp, too.

Then I have my sword, Surija, which USED to be a nice, sharp cavalry sword a century ago. Now it's a blunt piece of metal fitting for decorative/prop use. :/

I want a katana :(

7. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Crossbow (Grandads, firing mechanism broken, I will repare it sometime.)

Two long bows, only one string :( longbow, as in its the same hight as me when its unstrung. I have arrows too :)

Air pistol, with pellets.

I use most of these, and theres a cardboard bow full of arrow holes and pistol holes to proove it.

But... I want a sword, I really do :(

8. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] - A longbow.
    Too bad its pretty weak by now. Got it few years back and kids grow ;)

- Lots and lots of home-made swords.
    Most are wooden and great majority exist no longer. Being made out of common wood they dont last long. Some i've made out of iron. But its a really bad iron so if i give it a good smack it just bends. And not little :( With a few hits i made a scimitar out of long-short sword hybrid. :)

Right now i have some real good wood. Straight, 2 meter long and still in big blocks. Its been drying for a while now, so its a good wood. Beech. And lots of it :) Will make a good deal of good swords out of it in the winter :cool:

9. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Two, black steel throwing knives. Piece of piss.

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I almost brought a sword, if you see my Sword Price thread.

Other than that I have 2 recurb bows, and one compound.

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have a pair of baby nunchaks that are great for learning but wouldn't help you seriously if you were caught in a bad back alley. My husband and I bought a nice well made pair in Mexico City but we couldn't figure out how to bring them back so we had to leave them in his parents house.

12. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

My friend has two Katanas. But I don't like them as much as I like warhammers...

I would like to get a real warhammer but it's very difficult to find one and not all not all of them are nice. But a longsword would be nice too.

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just in case anyone is interested, from one of my favorite sites (after SP :) ):
    How to make a sword

14. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I wanted to buy a mace at the last medievil fair that I went to, but I didn't have the cash. It was such a pity, because it was really good. I got the guys business card though, so I can buy one if the fancy strikes me.

15. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Oh and I have two... can't remember how to spell their names, but I'll take a guess, anece (sp?). And one bow, as in a long peice of wood used in verios martail arts.

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    -Katana
    -Wakizashi
    -Tanto
    -Crappy, chipped, barley sharp, semi long sword that looks similar to the Sword of Valeen
    -Cheap, but cool dagger
    -Umethar - Talisman of the Anath (awsome dagger)

I also have a bunch more daggers I'm going to get once my next pay check comes in. :rolling:

17. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I have a sacrificial dagger from Palestine or Syria or Judea.

Other than that, some of my music might be considered a weapon.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.