1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Top 10 Favourite Posters...

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @Ara, SP just wouldn't be right without you. Besides you make me feel better about my typing.

I keep adding to my list. Was just reading a post by Bion and he is on my list . Benan and anyone else I RP with is on my list. In fact I have their names highlighted so I can tell at a glance when they are on.

I intentionally didn't put Tal or the mods on because they are in a special category. Fun to chase them around the board to see what they're saying and to whom.

:doh: 8people has it. This is an impossible task.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    First of all:

Umm... NonSequitur, I actually can't remember ever arguing with you. You're actually pretty level-headed on most topics. And I graciously accept your praise as undisputed poll king.

Was that a compliment? Maybe? I'm really not sure.

Anyway, I had a damn hard time eliminating this down to just 10. Tal didn't make the last cut, even though I find it hilarious when he brings the hammer down on a forum offender.

I'm not numbering them, because I really can't rate someone like Chev, an arch-conservative ultra-religious type, with someone like Death Rabbit, who uses words like cockmuncher in his posts. They really aren't comparable.

So in approximate alphabetical order with one exception:

Chandos the Red
    Chevalier
    Darkwolf
    Death Rabbit
    Gnarfflinger
    Harbourboy
    NonSequitur
    Rally
    Splunge

And lastly, and I don't think I've seen him for a while, so maybe he has left the Boards, but I like him enough to include anyway, Darkthrone.

EDIT: Damnit! I can't forget dmc. OK, Darkthrone gets the boot if he isn't posting any more to keep within the limit of 10.

[ September 15, 2005, 22:23: Message edited by: Aldeth the Foppish Idiot ]

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Thanks to everyone who had some kind words for me. And yes, I haven’t been around as much as I used to – RL keeps getting in the way. :grr:

Anyway, my list isn’t so much one of favorites, or even honourable mentions, but rather a few people who, for me, stand out for one reason or another. Not just favorites (impossible to narrow it down to 10), and not necessarily least favorites either – just notable.

Harbourboy – probably the most “genuine” poster on the Boards. I never get the impression that he’s trying to create an “image” for himself. Just an honest, down to earth kind of guy whose opinions often mirror my own. And I just know that, if we were to eliminate all the seemingly random guesses he makes in the various games, my post count would be higher than his. :p

chevalier – has a knack for saying, in a post a hundred lines long or more, what most people would say in one sentence. His opinions are usually completely opposite to mine, but I love him like a brother. That is, if I had a brother that I couldn’t stand. :p

Nalia – my big sister who took away my geezer crown. :p

Taluntain – well, he’s Tal. Of course he’s notable. (Remember, this isn’t a list of favorites. :p :p )

dmc – he’s a Rush fan. ‘nuff said.

Arabwel – for making posts that are often indecipherable. And for injecting just the right amount of silliness into the Boards.

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot – as HB said, his posts almost always make sense (even if I might not always agree with him). His analyses often take a “numbers” angle, which I can relate to. And which makes him a geek. :p

Wirhe – for consistently making posts that draw a reaction, while at the same time avoiding one of the prestigious SP plaques.

Death Rabbit – his posting style gives new meaning to the phrase “over the top”. Has a flair for the dramatic. Smells better, too, now that he ditched the fur.

Grey Magistrate – another person who I often disagree with, but I gotta respect his opinions. He’s so eloquent and respectful in his posts that it takes awhile to realize that he’s about a rabid as conservatives come. :p

The above isn’t really all-inclusive, but rather is all I have time for right now. I realize that these are all members who have been around for awhile. Newer SP’ers have been omitted, not because I don’t find them noteworthy, but because I haven’t been around much lately and therefore don’t really know who they are.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, maybe that's because as you get older, all young people start to look the same.

They're the best guesses I can come up with for the excrutiatingly obscure movies that usually get put up. You'll notice that when Splunge posts a genuine classic song quote that I usually get it instantly.

Aldeth, is there any reason why you always spell his name wrongly? You do it so often that I'm wondering if it isn't some sort of in-joke.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    :doh:

Seriously, I must have a mental block with that name. That having been said, I don't spell his name out THAT often. Editting now.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Oh man, this is tough. As a mod, I probably shouldn't even do this so as to avoid any appearance of impropriety and favoritism, but what the heck.

In no particular order:

Creslin - his incisive posts and clear thinking are marvels of consistency

Sir Breakalot - Concise, pithy, 'nuff said

Azarias - creative use of the language, always a fun read

Clueless One - Clever ideas, never afraid to share a point of view

riddler - very helpful and respectful to the community, a real giver

Nalfein - very prolific and always there with a welcoming post and a smilie

gd2 - Can't say I know him all that well, but VERY funny

Dire Hamster - Another pithy and concise poster with a wealth of meaning in every word

JericoPaladin - A bit of a left-wing wag, but nicely tongue-in-cheek

Bloodstalker - Perhaps the most misunderstood of all, but a heart of gold

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Oh yeah, how could I have overlooked Dire Hamster?

That reminds me that I should have included:

Alien Boy – that guy really knows his lizards

Palpatine – haven’t seen him around much lately but he was a powerful presence when he was.

Hojo jojo – he knew the random rolls in IWD2 inside out

Gwenhwyfar – a fount of knowledge on Elfquest

Platypus – certainly fooled everyone because he was from England, not Australia!

MrGrouch – his bark was worse than his bite

Col. Bruce Hampton, Retired – this guy is even older than Splunge!

Bloke with Sword – interesting guy, don’t try and steal his cheese.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    All right... so approximately 10-ish people I find constantly interesting and whose posts I like to read... in no partuclar order (accompanied by blatant in-jokes of course):

Rallymama - MOMMY! *glomps*
    Laiwethel - fireballing, R&A, and much chocloate
    Arifirh: Fiddlestix!
    chevalier - because everyone needs an idelogical opponent to hug
    Hugo: RBP love :D
    kuempar: Cookies! And cats!
    Nakia: Honored Elder
    The Kilted Crusader - Arrr!
    Magpie: Bird Boy. 'nuff said
    Deathmage - *snooogles*

I am probably forgetting a lot of people. *shrugs* and there shpould be a ccategory fgor "dear and departed" because I miss quite a few of those who are long gone....

9. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    As I'm looking over dmc's list, I find myself asking; "Who the hell are these people?" :confused:

Seriously, I don't recognize a single name on that list. Is there a top-secret second SP that I don't know about, or have I just been gone too long? What the dilly?

@ Aldeth
    lol :D

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Those are all people who have registered but haven't made a single post... :)

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's frickin' hilarious dmc... nice. :heh:

12. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

:lol:

I wondered that at first, but I was certain that I'd seen Dire Hamster post in the AoDA befoe now... Must be imagining things again... :nuts:

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
  14. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

So does this mean that dmc thinks we're all idiots and wants us to learn from the example of these posters (I'm not sure if you can call them posters if they've never actually posted) and just shut up? :p

15. Harbourboy

The people on my list had all posted for the very reason that people who haven't posted are really not posters.

16. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Morgoroth - not at all. I was making a joke and seeing how long it took to figure out (thanks BTA for spoiling my fun :shame: ).

I started thinking about how many people registered but never posted, and one thing led to another . . .

17. Arabwel

Media:
    Naughty BTA! No cookie for you! *glares*

18. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

While we're going just slighty off-subject, I'd like to point out that a few of the people who have no posts actually have posted! :aaa: While skimming through some of the oldest RBPs, I found a post by someone with no posts. :confused: Later in the RBs, I realized that the silly monkey must have been docked all of his (<50) posts by Tal for excessive breaking of the "no nonsense-posts" rule.

19. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Wasn't there (IIRC) a cataclysmic event that wiped out a whole bunch of people's posts? Waaay before my time, but I seem to recall a few of the "old guard" :p of SPers mention it before. Either that, or it's another one of my tea-induced hallucinations. :coffee2:

20. Arabwel

Media:
    Yes, there was.... I recall having had my post count drop several modern-day-gems' worth *sniffflews* I miss those posts :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.