1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Spell Book

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lord Sarevok, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Lord Sarevok Guest

Post what you usually have in your spell book, for any spell caster you can think of. I understand that most non-sorcerers switch it around a lot depending on the sitution, so just say what spells you tend to use the most for each level. You Sorcerers just do the same thing, you don't need to post every single spell you pick. I'll post mine later, cause I got to go.

2. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I have a sorcerer. His spellbook is at 17 th level is like this:

lvl 1: magic missile, chromatic orb, spook, protection from evil, shield

lvl 2: melf's acid arrow, web, horror, mirror image, invisibility

lvl 3: haste, slow, fireball, melf's minute meteors

lvl 4: greater malison, fireshield, spider spawn, stoneskin

lvl 5: breach, lower resistance, chaos, animate dead

lvl 6: death spell, true sight, protection from magical weapons

lvl 7: mordenkainen's sword, power word stun, spell turning

lvl 8: abi dalzim's horrid wilting, spell trigger

With this selection I managed to finish the game soloing.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmm...

Magic Missile

Mirror Image

FIREBALL!

Those I have ALWAY on any caster if it is possible.

Ara
    (I want to be a drow... Really...)

4. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

Heh, I use pretty much everything on my solo fighter / mage that TIN_MAN listed except spook and web. I also use improved haste, knock, skull trap, and warding whip often.

5. kingsgambit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I took a straight-up mage through BGII first time round, favourite PC really. Most used spells which were never left unused...
    Magic Missile, Chromatic Orb (at high levels this is a fantastic spell). Also, Identify, Mirror Image, Blur, fireball, Haste, Breach, Dire Charm, Stone skin, flame arrow/melf's acid arrow (for the occasional troll!), finger of death, my personal favourite, Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting and of course time stop in the later game. Could not have made it without the above...but if I had to pick one essential spell out of that lot, it has to be Haste. When it comes to MeleƩ, nothing is better.

[This message has been edited by kingsgambit (edited January 08, 2002).]

6. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I usually use more than one magic-user with different-looking spellbooks, but these are the spells that are very likely to always be memorized by someone in the party:

lvl 1: Magic Missile, Cromatic Orb

2: Mirror Image, Invisibility, Melf's Acid Arrow, Agannazar's Scorcher, Vocalize, Web

3: Fireball, Skull Trap, Slow, Melf's Minute Meteors, Lightning Bolt, Flame Arrow, Invisibility 10' Radius

4: Stoneskin, Emotion, Greater Malison, Improved Invisibility, Fireshield (Red or Blue)

5: Chaos, Domination, Hold Monster, Breach, Lower Resistance, Animate Dead, Cone of Cold, Spell Immunity

6. Pierce Magic, Mislead, Chain Lightning, Contingency, Improved Haste, Tenser's Transformation, Power Word Silence

7. Mordenkainen's Sword, Finger of Death, Ruby Ray of Reversal, Limited Wish, Spell Sequencer

8. Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting, Pierce Shield, Spell Trigger, Simulacrum

(A soloist's spellbook would look different, of course)

7. Lord Sarevok Guest

[​IMG] Ok, this is for my Elven Fighter/Invoker

Level 1: Magic Missle, Chromantic Orb, Burning Hands

Level 2: Ghoul Touch, Mirror Image, Melf's Acid Arrow. Blur

Level 3: Fireball/Skulltrap, Flame Arrow

Level 4: Minor Spell Sequencer, Fireshield(Blue), Stoneskin

Level 5: Protection from Normal Weapons, Shadow Door, Breach, Cone of Cold

Level 6: Death Spell, Tenser's Transformation, Improved Haste(as soon as I find the bloody scroll ;))

I only have up to level 6 so far, so I can't post any higher levels. I switch this around *a lot*, as I am the only spell caster in my group besides Haer'Dalis and I have him stick to mainly defensive spells, these are just the ones I usually have stuck in my book.

Oh, by the way, this applies to clerics/druids/bards/paladins/rangers or any other type of character that can cast spells as well.

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Some spells I always want:
    Mag.Missile, Chrom.Orb, Gr.Mallison, Lower Resistance, Web, Cloudkill, Fireball, Breach and Spell Immunity.
    Lim Wish is nice with wisdom at 14, for timestop.

9. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] I see the best offensive and most vital spells are missed here, i.e. Sunfire and Protection from magical energy.

10. Garret Jax Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] The best spells to have in you spell book!!

1. Berman's Death-to-the-Caster
    2. Power word, fart
    3. Gelatinous Shell ( envelopes you with dry-o-matic gel)
    4. Safe Fall (the same as Feather Fall, but you become as heavy as 12 tons bank safe)
    5. Polymorph Udder ( specialized female only protagonist spell )
    6. Stinking Klaus ( ... )
    7. Magnetskin ( kind of a Stoneskin, makes your skin magnetic and all weapons receive +10 "to hit" bonus)
    8. Meatier Swarm ( big pieces of meat strike the opponent )
    9. Polymorph any Omlet ( ... )
    10. Fireballs ( ignites the balls of the enemy, very effective )

I'm sorry, I saw this and couldn't help myself. Credit goes to "bategojko" at the Black Isle site. I hope I didn't break any rules.

"A little humor never hurt anyone"

[This message has been edited by Garret Jax (edited January 09, 2002).]

11. Lord Sarevok Guest

Oh, I use Protection from Magical Energy a lot, but do I really need to have it in my spellbook all the time? I used to use sunfire a lot but now with it doing so much damage, and having Haer'Dalis in my group, I decided against it.

12. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

It's all in the summoning spells for me. But i didn't really like monster summoning 1,2. Animate dead is a good spell because unlike other summoning spells it gets better when u increase levels.

13. total Guest

[​IMG] Beside usual mage spells I used sunray a lot, steam (I don't know why :idea: ) and silence and fists of gond with my cleric (multiklass)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.