1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your opinion on Drugs?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Errol, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] I guy in school today asked me if i wanted to smoke a Spliff (cannabis, weed, pot, hash), and i said no. I was then told i wasn't cool or hard etc etc yadda yadda.
    I wouldn't ever do drugs for me or anybody else.
    What's your opinion on them, and the UK's lifting on the Cannabis/Marijuana Ban? :hmm:

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    The UK is doing what?!?!?! Sweet! I'm moving to the UK....umm, I mean, drugs are bad!:nono: Yeah, thats it...:mommy: :rolling:

3. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yeah, it's now a class C drug. Which IIRC, means you are allowed to posess it in small quantities...its legal in Holland though isnt it?

4. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

You were wise to do what is right for you. If you want to experiment, then do it on your terms. Anyone who feels that you cannot be cool without drugs is lost. You are cool for doing what is best for you.
    To answer your question, using drugs is a high wire act. I've known people who could use cocaine (pretty addictive) and put it down again without any problem. Others could not touch anything without getting hooked. I have never tried anything stronger than pot, alcohol, and (a couple of times) psychedelic mushrooms.
    In my opinion, a clean life is best. If you like to use drugs recreationally and they do not have a negative impact on your life, then more power to you.

5. LittleJimmy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] In my opinion, Cannabis isn't a particularly dangerous drug - well, no more dangerous than alcohol, but unfortunately there is a serious downside: Unless you're prepared to bake Hash Cakes all the time, you have to smoke it, and smoking = very, very unhealthy :sick:. I used to be a big smoker (both cigarettes and occasionally Cannabis), but I had to quit for medical reasons.

Of course, it's totally up to you, as an individual, as to what drugs you decide to take, if any at all. As to the downgrading of Cannabis from a Class 'B' to a Class 'C', that's probably the first bit of rational thinking by the Government about drugs that I've seen - it was either that or upgrading Cigarettes and Alcohol to Class 'B', which would've just been stupid. This will actually be beneficial to a lot of people for numerous reasons: People who use Cannabis medicinally will now be able to use it on prescription without as much hassle and, now that it will probably become more readily available, it may (repeat: MAY) encourage people to take it up as opposed to harder drugs, like Ecstasy or Cocaine. Well, we can but hope...

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I personally feel that by lifting the ban on cannabis, it is opening up more people to drugs ... bad stuff! Cannabis is a gate way drug to those that want the constant buzz. Soon Canabis alone is not enough, they need a bigger buzz therefore, stronger stuff which is inevitably more lethal.

As for personal use, no i havn't tried it.

7. C'Jakob Guest

In America, pot/weed/cannabis is illegal. You get caught with it, you get arrested or whatever. But there's so much drug busts associated with marijuana nowadays, that it's just too much trouble for the law to go around and arrested pot smokers when there's so much other crime going around. It's almost like alcohol prohibition in the '20s; some think that the drugs are morally wrong, but people use them anyways, and it leads to higher crime. So if marijuana is really causing such a big criminal problem in society, then it should be legalized, considering it's not harmful compared to heavy drugs, and that more crimes would be weeded out.

And I've never tried drugs. My personal opinion is that they're bad for you. :rolleyes:

8. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Re: Cannabis being a "gate way drug" that leads to harder drugs, recent studies have actually proven that to be untrue. I can dig up the reference if anyone's interested. Canada is looking into downgrading the illegal status of marijuana further (it's already legal for those who need it medicinally) but not surprisingly our neighbour has protested mightily.

I don't think drug use is any more immoral than drinking alcohol, but having tried a few kinds I have to say I don't see the point- not nearly as much fun as Galaxy Quest, a new Terry Pratchett novel, or takeaway sushi, to give just a few examples. I'll stick with whiskey. I would say though that if you decide to try any drug- even one as mild as marijuana- do be prepared for the fact that it might be a traumatic experience rather than a pleasurable one. Hydroponic weed in particular is strong enough to give you the equivalent of a "bad trip". So make sure a friend you trust is there with you to take care of you if it doesn't work out.

9. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Ummm... drugs are bad... m'kay?

10. Sirdan Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Here all this stuff is illegal too, however I think (as Jack Funk said) that a clean life is better. I am to young(17) to try them yet and I don't think I'll ever convince myself to do so. Gopher, don't care what the others say. If someone is hard or cool or whatever, isn't a matter of taking drugs or not.

I have 2 friends that smoke pot and I try to convince them that isn't good etc. etc. However they don't seem to care. That's why I don't want to try. Your response was the best Gopher. I just can't understand what drugs can offer you. A clear mind works better, eitherway ;)

11. DinoTiggy1 Guest

[​IMG] I don't like drugs, they're eevvviiilll:eek::mad:

12. ArchAngel Guest

:lol: Alex. You beat me to it :D

My opinion is;
    Drugs, well if you do them its not my life which might end in a mess. Alcohol is bad too but no one bugs me about using that. So what if hash is bad. Its your life. your mess, your fun. I know its the freedom bell for many and that its hard to resist in certain environments. Having the strenght to not do them gives you more strenght. Strenght to find what you are looking for in life.

13. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

Just to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Alcohol is a drug.

A couple of posters seem to make a distinction between the two.

14. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Well Lions and Lizards are both animals, what's the point?

I don't see anyone threading around in the moral preacher that beer is ok and drugs aren't. If anyone drinking thinks that way, its their problem. At least they aren't doing both alcohol and drugs. Which is good, don't you say?

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited June 13, 2002).]

15. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

drugs in themselves are innocent, it's the use or more important mis-use that's make the difference. Mostly I consider drugs bad, since I doubt there's any real way of controlling your "addiction" whether you are or not.

Of course this would be the same for alcohol, but since politicians and others got a taste for beer or wine from early age, they're considered ok in terms of law.(at least that's what I'd think one of the prime reasons would be)

As for the guy who says you're a loser if you don't do drugs.. lol, he's being childish extraordinaire :)

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited June 13, 2002).]

16. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

Archangel,
    Two posters (including you) distinguished between alcohol and "drugs".

That's my point.

17. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Nicotine is a drug, too...

18. ArchAngel Guest

So is Oxygen in WHO latest ED11

I still don't see the point of your point Jack. We could generalize and say that everything we digest is food(including marihuana and beer and hash), usefull point eh?

As a biologist I think classification is for the better. Take for instance the domains of life. If we for instance didn't split bacterias and fungi and everything else it would be a nightmare to maneuver. So I think it pointless to make one big "blob" and call it drugs.
    You are right, that I used drugs as an expression for numerous different kind of Toxins etc. And it would have been more correct to classify them even further. Bear with me :)

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited June 13, 2002).]

19. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    In Belgium, you are allowed to have some cannabis on you for personnal use, also, you can't use it in public or if you are in the presence of people aged less than 18 years.
    I personnaly haven't tried drugs, and hope I never will

20. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I think it's pretty hypocritical to legalize possession and criminalize distribution. Legalize it, regulate it, tax it. (I'm speaking strictly of Cannabis/hash here.)

Put ten men in a bar with unlimited beer. Result: bar brawl.

Put ten men in a bar with unlimited cannabis, they'll be too busy laughing at the pool balls to start a fight.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.