1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Heritage

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by reepnorp, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I've looked into my family history, and here's what I found:

Mom's side: .75 Italian (from Ischia) .25 French. My mother's side of the family has only been in the US for 2-3 generations.

Dad's side: .25 English, .25 Irish, .125 Scottish, .125 Welsh, .125 Cherokee, .125 Blackfoot. My dad's side of the family, I've been able to trace back to 1680 in the U.S.

So basically I'm all American now... ;)

[ December 15, 2003, 16:30: Message edited by: Sir Belisarius ]

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I've never traced very far back. Dad's family was farmers in New Jersey at least back as far as his grandfather. I think they came over from England at some point.

My mother is a first-generation American - both her parents were Lithuanian. Unfortunately, my grandmother was well into senility when her beloved country finally regained its independence.

And all that is immaterial anyway, since I'm adopted. ;)

3. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Well, I'm a pureblooded greek, my bloodline originates from the time of the minoan empire :D . Seriously now, I know that I have some italian roots from my father's side. It seems that my ancestors used to live in an area between Venice and Padova and around 1400 AC, due to the war between these two cities, some of my ancestors immigrated to Crete, the island where my father comes from.

4. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm Belgian, which is short for: some part of my family was Dutch, some part was French, some part German, some part Swiss, some part peasants, some part workers, some part nobles, some part policemen, some part thieves.

That's called a "zinneke". :)

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I don't know where my heritage lies in the sense of what generation etc. but what i do know is this:

50% English
    25% Malay
    25% Chinese

6. Mithrandir Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

50% Itailan
    50% Irish

7. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

My mother is from China; my father from Hong Kong. I'm a first generation Canadian.

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'm a 6th generation American, but my ancestors origanally came from England and Germany. For some dumb reason the 2nd generation thought Utah would be a good place to live, but the 4th generation knew better and moved to California...but my parents lost their senses and dragged me back to Utah, where I'm stuck untill I can afford to move back to CA on my own. :rolling:

9. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

AFAIK, my ancestors are all bulgarian. Bulgaria was 4 centuries under Ottoman rule, so my ancestors grew up here. I have no other mixtures, so I guess that I am 100% pureblood bulgarian...

/me shurgs it off

Noone is perfect after all... :) ;)
    No wonder @chevalier, there could be a bulgarian drop in you... Many bulgarians emigrated during the first centuries of the Ottoman rule... As for me I'm quite sure that there is nothing foreign in me.

[ December 16, 2003, 08:52: Message edited by: Elan Morin Tedronai ]

10. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

For as far as any of my nearest relatives know, i'm so much finnish i should be living there, but i am the second generation to actually live in the frozen north of my homeland.

Not that a frozen surrounding is any problem for me... (looking at my snowmobile outside the window) :evil:

11. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I am a third generation Canadian, I think. :confused:

I have a really diverse backround. Most of my dad's side came from Germany, but they had a little stop over in the US to build the Empire State Building, then went to BC.

My mom's side is pretty much a split of Russian and Scottish.

Knowing my family, there is probably every other culture thrown in ther somewheres though. :D

12. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Great Grandparents were Scottish immigrants on one side, German immigrants on the other side.

I have incredible urges to wear skirts, then call myself a "fag gypsy".

It's not easy being me.

13. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Little to none diversity in my heritage, I must say. Germans left and right.
    But since 'modern' Germans are in themselfe a mix of the germanic tribes, Romans and Celts (or so I have heard), I dont know what that means.

My mothers side is from Prussia, then moved to the west of Germany some 100 years ago.

14. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Apparently I'm a mixture of Spanish, French, Flemish and even Arabic blood. There are some drops of German and dutch blood here and there too no doubt.

There's this story that one of my ancestors was a bastard child of a French bishop. Could explain my hatred for the catholic church. ;)

But anyway: I feel European more than anything else.

15. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

On my mother's side: Swedish and Danish from year 1200 or so.

On my father's side: My father was born in Germany three days before they had to move to Sweden due to poorness. My grandmom is German as well, and her husband is Swedish. My great-grandmom is german as well, but she was the only one among her siblings, the rest is from Poland. Almost all of my older ancestors in the beginning of the 20th century were Jewish, which means that most people were executed in the WWII. Some of my family is from Russia, but I've never met them.

I am a member of the Rutkowski clan, even though my last name is Fredriksson, a family with connections to many different groups, one is the Russian mob(and I must say, it's a bit cool), and one of my relatives won the Nobel's price for litterature some years ago, I think it was in 1997, and I dunno her first name, but her last is Rutkowski.

I even had a relative that fought in Stalingrad, he was sent there when he was only 15, but he still survived, and what are THOSE odds.

Now enough boredom for you. :D

16. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Enough boredom for us, or enough boasting for you?

17. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Details are trivial, my dear apprentice. :p

18. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

I'm 100% pureblood american mutt.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  19. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I think there's very less Asian people here.
    My father's ancestors are from China and my mother's ancestors are from Taiwan. I am a Singaporean(btw, my e-mail have a .uk, because while registering for the e-mail, I chose British English as my first language, not knowing that it also mean where I come from). Silly me.

20. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Baezlebub, your background is strikingly similar to mine.

My brother has done most of the Family tree thing. Our mother's family has been traced to a small town in the Scottish highlands and my father's family is originally from Bexley, UK. We are around 7th or 8th generation Australians and not convicts (as if I could care...)

My wife is Pakistani, so my kids would end up with a rather interesting background. I wonder who they will end up marrying?...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.