1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Future

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by reepnorp, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Why do I suddenly have "Once in a Lifetime" by the Talking Heads running through my mind? :roll:

Same as it ever was, Silverblade, same as it ever was...

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmmmm...In ten years, I see one of these things happening:

1) I will be celebrating my 2 year anniversary with my Russian bride that I ordered 2 years earlier (I have a pact with myself that if I'm not married at 42, I will order take out ;) )

2) I will be married to someone I didn't order from a catalog and have 2 kids and a dog. Hopefully, my future wife will let me name our daughter Bronwyn.

3) I will be a successful litigation/corporate attorney. Rich, powerful, and well respected...But single because I put work ahead of everything else.

4) Single, a mediocre attorney, but a 20th level halfling rogue in ALFA with boots of speed, a +2 Longtooth dagger, and Nightstalker leather +5.

5) An eccentric seashell painter on a tropical island. I can paint your favorite picture of Drizzt on a sand dollar for $20 bucks! ;)

Let's all hope for choice #2!!!!!

3. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

If I'm lucky enough I'll be living with the woman of my life, but I don't really need to marry her. Marriage can ruin a beautiful relationship sometimes, IMHO. Probably we'll already have our first baby, about 3 years old.
    If I won't became famous and rich playing music (sig* :rolleyes: :) ), I guess I'll do some biological research at Uni, or work in a protected area, or teach Science in high school, or do just a bit of everything from the above.
    Most probably I'll become a construction worker :mad: ...no no no, I must BELEIVE in myself! :cool:
    Anyway, whatever happens, I'll always have my guitar with me. :D :D

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Aragorn, do you play your guitar on the Spanish Steps so all the tourists can hear you? I spent a whole night there once just listening to people playing and singing....

5. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

10 years, that's very much time. I should be 27 at this time, maybe I have a job and a nice wife. But as far as I know myself, I wont have that luck :( . That's one bad thing, the other one is, that I still don't know wich job I should learn. In one year, I have have to choose my subjects for the final tests at my school, and I still don't know what I should take, I'm really annoyed !

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Faragon: That's one sure thing. And Silly won't be role-playing succubi anymore ;) :nono:

Sephiroth, that's what I thought 6 years ago (I was 17). If you don't have luck, then you still have your selfconfidence, pride and unknown charms. Boy, you're future is bright! Don't dream it, be it! ;)

My look on the future in 60 years, As like I said in the guestbook: When I'm old and wise I'll tell my grandchildren about my adventures at the Friendly Arm Inn.
    'SP' will be carved on my coffin.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Are you sure you didn't mean SMP - sine mascula prole? :lol: :shake: :lol:

8. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I hope my existing brood will be supplemented by a Blue-Point Siamese cat and a Bernese Mountain dog (the scream in the background you just heard was my husband reading over my shoulder), and that I live in a country house with at least an acre of land so that there is room for everybody and I can grow almost all of my own food. Ideally I have a goat for milk and cheese and a few hens for eggs.

Professionally, I dream of: I've become a renowned science fiction author, albeit under a pseudonym so I won't be pestered by fans, and make all my living writing from home so I never have to interact in person with anyone but my husband and my animals ever again.
    Realistically, I expect: I'm a professor of management strategy at a Canadian or European business school, and I've published a couple of science fiction novels purchased only by my mother. :)

Sir Bel: LOL!

9. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Ten years... hmmm... Stuffy Literature Professor (with tenure) at a small private university, married, no kids, a cat, a dog, house in the country (if possible), a massive library, a blazer with patches on the elbows, a really cool pipe, a soundproof practice room for my musician wife, a full liquor cabinet, and a really comfy armchair. Cable optional. High Speed Internet Required. Swimming pool in backyard would be good, but I will settle for a small central courtyard and a fountain. Lots of plants - overgrown vegetation is good.

That or dead in a high-speed car chase involving a great deal of money or jewels. (I watch too many action/crime movies).

10. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'll be 24...

A vet, or a PC programmer for PC games.
    Hmm.
    Or even

Having won the lottery, retiring to a nice big house, with everything I could ever need.

11. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@bel: I already played guitar on the Spanish Steps, but for my friends, not for tourists.
    Anyway, if you come here I'll play for you too. ;)

[ August 05, 2003, 17:33: Message edited by: Aragorn II ]

12. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Rich, oppertunistic, and popular businessman with an expensive car like a ferrari f60 maybe and an even more expensive house. Married with a young child... ;)

13. Kralizek Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

In 10 years I hope to be done with my job here, to have been already at least to two other countries, and to still be willing to move around the world. Interesting jobs a priority, new parts of the world a must. Cannot rule out settling down in the meantime of course, but it would happen only on causes independent from my will ;)

14. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Talking about future, I did a career thing at school today. It printed out a list of jobs that I'd be good at. Most of them, surprisingly where jobs dealing with people. Only two that I liked the sound of where (and there where about 8 of the iirc) MP or Diplomatic person thingy.

15. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

In 10 years, I'll be 10 years closer to death, or retirement, whichever comes first. My kids will be 15 & 12, which doesn't sound all that good at this point in time since my (handful of a) daughter will be just hitting her teen years. :rolleyes:

If I'm still at the same company, I'll be nearing my 20 year anniversary, which means I'll get a 5th week of vacation each year. Yea!

Hopefully, I will have been able to move from my current house to one where we have to make fewer compromises with our wants. An office of my own and a bathroom that I don't have to share with the kids are musts. :D

Oh yeah, it would be nice if I'd at least been able to start a college fund for the little money-suckers as well. ;)

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'd be 25 :eek:

I'd hopefully have the website really good, be doing well in a job, be visiting my friend in America quite often, have published a couple of books and maybe some games. Completed my mods for BG and have money :money:

17. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

umm in ten years ill prolly be in pro baseball and if not that then computer graphics(maya and lightwave are awesome programs :D )

18. Dreads Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

A crazed hermit living in the Carribean.
    Or a Shao-Lin(sp?)-monk.

19. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

A twenty-something-year-old still having delusions of grandeur.

Kovalis: I hope you're not married with a young child. ;) :p

20. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'll be 26 and probably in grad. school. the single problem with the career I want is the length of time I have to be in school.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.