1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Favourites Characters you've ever created

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Ofelix, May 24, 2006.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I remember that maybe one or two years ago I made a similar post, but I guess it's time for an update :D
    Basicly it's in the league of Post and discuss your favourite X . I posted in Dungeon and Dragon but really it can be of any taple top role playing game. I guessed since the majority of dwellers here play BG and other D&D-related Videogame they have a high chance of playing table top RP.

Ok let's see...

Here's My first character ever, I wasn't really imaginative back then and we didn't really used 3E Dungeon and Dragon, instead we used a set of rules invented by us and we used only D6. I tried to translate his stats in D&D Term but sometimes it doesn't translate well.

Cyrius DeGrandemaison [siriys dəgrɑ̃demɛzɔ̃] 34th Knight of the Rose Royal Guard of the Holy Nation of Clovicia Quite the title I know... :p

Fighter (3) Paladin (14 <-- In this case mostly considered a Prestige Class rather than a core class)
    Neutral Good <--- We disregard the «only Lawful» aspect of the Paladin to «only Good»
    Human
    Male
    Strenght: 21 <-- He *was* the most powerfull Knight of his time :p
    Dexterity: 14
    Constitution: 12
    Intelligence: 15
    Wisdom: 14
    Charisma: 20 He befriended a freakin' Dragon afterall :shake:

I don't think it's usefull to specify skills and feats especialy when the character wasn't made for 3E anyway

So yeah it's your average Knight in Shinning Armour, but I had some real fun with him. Among epics deeds: Befriending the Dragon of Bëyylviorsk, Acquiering the mythical Shield of the Just, Reviving the order of the Rose, Repelled an invasion of Dark Orcs ( read: meanier more Badass version of ye olde Orc ) Discovering a uncharted island on the far east, Beheaded the mythical and tyranous Giant of Fire with a plain non-magical Axe...

So yeah, ye olde Knight in shining armour, Needless to say this campaign lasted a least a year.

Another Character I'm begening to be real fond of is my newest, for my World of Darkness.

A writter who's Hunted by ghost :lol:

He consider himself an artist and pride himself of living with his pen however during the night he's a blackmarket dealer. He's no fighter certainly no thief. The only things he's good at is getting in trouble and his ability to lie and general speechcraft. He gets in trouble all the time, surnatural kind of trouble Its hilarious sometimes.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Vanya, a drow sorceress :nono: who was betrayed by a family member to Lloth. She 'failed' her test (mainly because of her inate magical ability) and became a drider. She was CN - Lloth had literally scrambled her brain - and roamed the Underdark eating what/whoever she could catch.

I had lots of fun using her drow and drider abilities. Attack from the ceiling? :grin:

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

<- That guy. So very close to my own persona that I could not help but love him. ;) A rakshasa bard, somewhat overpowered but soloing adventures that should have been taken on by parties, in a Spelljammer campaign. The DM had a lot of fun too, finding ways around the spell immunities and such. Inventiveness makes the game so much more interesting, don't you think?

Another one of my favorites was a human Beastmaster 2 -> Transmuter. He had a dire wolf animal companion (which also served as a steed), and a falcon familiar. (Names for all three blatantly ripped from the Night of the Eye trilogy.) He also had a metal hand, as the result of an unfortunate encounter with a dragon. Had to research a Graft Item spell to replace the hand it took. It's the only character where I ever actually got into researching new spells, and it was great. I didn't stop at Graft Item, either... :D

4. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

My first character, Læfur Volardsen (pure barbarian), who orignally started out as the son of a barbarian chieftan who left his tribe in search of fame. He was always a social anarchist who believed strongly in the redistribution of land and monetary property and refused to work with the governing body, instead making promises to the peasantry and the urban poor.

I want to say Læfur came into existence around 2002-2003 when my old social circle seemed to start to disappear and some of the new people I started hanging out with for the next year or so played PnP.

Læfur rapidly started evolving his story line and rather quickly took on the company of a young and very troubled half-elf whose father was a close friend and former adventuring companion of Læfur's father, Volard, under the theory Volard owed this half-elf's father a favor and Læfur was the one who ended up paying the debt by becoming the half-elf, Isabelle (whose last name has been changed may times through her history), guardian.

A lot of his adventures would often start because of his loyalty to his companions, which often would put him in conflict with his fellow good characters and just about always got him in conflict with the law. Got him in all sorts of fun as well like getting captured by clerics of Lolth or rescue missions that pitted him against the criminal underworld.

He no longer is used as a PC character and those rare times where I do DM, he sometimes graces the campaign as a semi-retired adventurer at the age of 24 (giving him roughly 6 years of adventuring experience).

His Ability score was this for his first level:
    Str 15
    Dex 14
    Con 17
    Int 13
    Wis 10
    Cha 16

Skills (by rank): Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +4, Knowledge (nature) +2, Listen +4, Literacy, Survival +4, Swim +2

Current first level feats: Force of Personality, Weapon Focus (greatsword) (was originally Iron Will instead of Force of Personality)

[ May 27, 2006, 01:54: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

5. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I think of all the ones I've created my favourite to play would be Teg Two-Axe, Human Barbarian,

Str 18/59
    Dex 17
    Con 18
    Int 8
    Wis 7
    Cha 14

He was a 2e Barbarian which meant all the rules of hating magic, magic items etc, he was pure Tank and I loved him, he once charged into a room full of Kobolds. As a level 6 charater against kobolds he got 12 attacks per round, he killed 80 of them in 8 rounds, such fun. I retired him in the end as a level 15 barbarian lord building up his own clan. I think he's still there.

6. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Amalith Rauko'Sereg, a tiefling who was raised by elven rangers after the village she lived in was ransacked. Throughout her youth, she was hunted by her former village-folk, who sought to blame her for the death of their families. (she was 6 at the time of the attack) All the justification they felt they needed, was in her blood.

When Amalith became an adult, and a full fledged ranger, she always stayed one step ahead of those that sought to harm her. Until they changed tactics. They sought to harm those close to her, to lure her out. That's when she fled, to protect those she loved. She hooked up with a mercenary band (the party) and sought to do good, as she was taught to by Allidar, the elf who'd raised her.

Over the course of months, Amalith had runins with Cyricists, Banites, Malarites, Shades and all kinds of scum. As she stood to protect the helpless from evil, her own blood betrayed her. She began to change, her demon roots growing stronger and her human ones slowly giving in.

She began to adapt more of the common tiefling traits, amongst which a more 'evil' mindset. She became very secretive, even to friends, and didn't hesitate to resort to violence and cruelty. Her turning point was when she executed a helpless man. (the leader of the villagefolk that'd chased her for years)

It took her months to get back in charge of herself and work towards redemption, something caused only because she found love and wanted to do better. She realized she hurt the one she loved by being what she'd become.

Still on the road to redemption, Amalith's close friend and mentor, Rae (a half-fiend) revealed herself to be a megalomaniac intent on 'saving' Faerun by conquering it. Amalith and her friends set out to stop Rae, which was the cause for a lot of strife within the group. After all, Amalith believed strongly that if she could get so close to redemption, so should Rae.

After months of cat and mouse games, where the roles changed as often as the moon, the group finally caught Rae. Again, the party had internal trouble, for some felt it needed to have Rae killed fir her crimes. Amalith, being one of the most vocal members of the group, strongly opposed this. In the end, it seemed like Amalith had gotten her way.

We were on a hill south of Baldur's Gate. Anthion, Amalith's love, led her away. Trusting him completely, she didn't stop to think that there was a batallion of flaming fists on their way to kill Rae. Amalith was out of reach and couldn't possibly intervened. It's good Anthion abused her trust, because Amalith would've snapped just like Danya (the NPC assassin with us) did when Rae died, killed in her sleep. She went mad and attacked the fists futilely. Took down four before they were forced to kill her.

With too much having happened between the party, Amalith and Anthion retreated to the Dalelands, where they made their home.

(Edit: It was a campaign filled with moral ambiguity, but the best one I've ever played in. Buildwise, Amalith was only good at sneaking, her role in combat was mostly some futile archery. But for all the tweaking her build could've gotten, the incredible roleplaying was WAY better. When I think of her, I don't see stats. I don't remember what items she had. I remember how she felt. And that was worth more than anything else.)

7. zerox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'm new here but I felt the need to comment on the first character I ever made, a wizard in a overly home ruled D&D game, I played with my one friend playing a cleric with his father as the DM.

Strength: 11
    Dexterity: 12
    Constitution: 15
    Intelligence: 17
    Wisdom: 11
    Charisma: 12
    Agility: 17
    Magic Ability: 8
    Swimming: 17
    Poison Resist: 9

The agility and magic ability I started with, the last two were added when I asked to swim a creek and was bitten by a giant spider respectively.

The fun thing with the character was how ridiculously unlucky he character was, he never made a single saving throw and "died" more times than I can remember, leading to a number of odd moves by the DM to keep him in the campaign.
    He was poisoned twice, leading to his drop from 16 Con to the 15. He was turned into a zombie, as well as a harpy for a time. Had a great bit with my friend beating me over the head with his mace like a rolled up newspaper saying "Bad Zerox" whenever I failed the save that kept me from eating the things we just killed (and as I said he never made a save).

Summoned a demon from a box once that destroyed an entire hobgoblin army, 8 gargoyles, stripped my guy of magic for a week, mind raped our NPC tank, and really pissed of the NPC paladin in the party (we had a lot of NPC’s in the party).

He got his throat ripped out by wolves which the DM ruled meant I wasn't allowed to speak until my character got healed. Something that lead to me using written notes, sign language and numerous other hand gestures for the rest of the session.

He also got instant killed with a critical hit by an Orc as the first attack of the combat (cut from right shoulder to left hip and in two pieces). The DM then tells me that my two halves just fell into the fountain behind us which according to him was full of healing potion, which saved my guy and led to every wineskin being emptied and replaced with healing potion which we drank as rations for the next two weeks.

8. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

My three semi-active characters are my favourites.

Grubasch Leadhead, gold-dwarven transmuter: Very polite, level-headed and friendly. He's very thin and weak, with a liking to the druidic lifestyle, and passes for a small human. He's an outcast from the Great Rift for killing a fellow dwarf and is very much integrated into Turmish society (complete with cropping his beard).

Cadayth Lomandra, half-elven abjurer/archer from Silverymoon:
    a mercenary with a heart for underdogs and the 'weak'. Most of the time he's actually quite pleasant. But if things don't go the way he wants to he starts complaining. A lot. And if something or someone irritates him, he gets furious, cynical and often downright mean.

His profession derives out of the will to protect people, but wanting to stay out of harm's way as much as possible.

Oh, and he's an ursinophobic. :D

Faval Nementiv, half-damarran, half-shou cleric of Shaundakul:
    The spawn of a prospering merchant family with ties to Shou-Lung. Being born in Telflamm, he learned the caravan trade from his father. After being kidnapped and rescued by an avatar of his god (but did not know it at this time), he devoted himself to Shaundakuls teachings. He travelled to Aglarond, where he hired on a caravan to Thay. But before the caravan even started its voyage, Faval and a dwarven companion get attacked by thieves and the cleric is lying on the ground dying at the moment...

9. Dall Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My fav char is the only really char I've ever played with, because I'm usually the DM... But I loved to play him...

His name was Aust Holimion, and he was a moon elf ran/wiz and later he adapted the prestige class "Spellsword" (from Tome and Blood). He was an excentric nutcase, who loves to study the most strange things, and later he married the aasimar bard called Cannia. I think he was lvl 15 when I stopped playing with him...

On one of his adventures with his Dwarven friend Dorn Stoneshield, he found the intelligent Magical Sword Ertex (we got the inspiration to Ertex from Lillacor fra BG2 if some of you remember?)... Ertex was/is completely mad, and loves to kill others, especially sheeps.

As a DM, I sometimes use Aust as an NPC, because he's the perfect weirdo to give quests and information. In the campaign I'm currently running, I plan to let him return, after a 3 years break :) ...

He was the best char I have ever had!

10. Milotus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My first ever created character. Character is using D&D 3.0 edition

Milo Greenbottle
    Halfling
    Rogue (Currently level 17), soon I will add 1 level wizard to it.

Chaotic Neutral

Str 12 -> 14 with ioun stone
    Dex 20 -> 26 with Gauntlets
    Con 14
    Int 16 -> 21 with headband
    Wis 10
    Cha 12

The character is like a whole chaos in the multiverse. I bet he could create a terrible Chaos in Abyss itself. He never draws a dagger and rush to battle and he try to avoid every conflict, if capable. He rarely speaks anything true and always try to hide his goals from other players, except his best friend Zook (gnome illusionist 18).Now his primary goal is to establish some sort of thieves guild, similar to Shadow Thieves in Faerun. He has a lots of money and reputation in Flanaess, so its might be a little difficult to hide his plans from other world... we'll see...

[ June 04, 2006, 05:00: Message edited by: Milotus ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.