1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Favourite Word

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Uytuun, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

My favourite word is "nonexistentialism," because almost nobody (surely everybody here, though) knows what it means.

2. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

@Shalladeth - now why does that remind me of Terry Pratchett...?

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Shmuck!
    Moron!

Those are my "nick-names" that I give my co-workers...the sad thing is, they answer to it now. :evil:

Besides that, I'd have to go with the word Whatnot :rolling:

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

S*** is one I use too often.

I like big words, like Antidisestablishmentarianism. Can never keep it's meaning straight, and it won't fit on a scrabble board, but it's really big, and sounds like an intellectual anarchist...

5. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Indubitably
    Shazbot

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

In english it's: Right... and then in a way of: yeah whatever...

And: chicken!

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] For some reason I like the word panda. Bungalow can be quite strange too, along with the phrase 'brackish water'.

there are quite a few rude words that could probably count as 'well used' if they don't apply to favourite words, and there are always variations you can come up with by simply mixing words together (rude or not)

Most of my favourite words I use a lot are made up or typos. So I'll stick to the words/phrase:
    Panda
    Bungalow
    Brakish Water
    Xvart
    Lycanthrope :D

8. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

No one beats it;

Though

I even use it when I speak norwegian :p

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Carcaroth

shazbot, lol :D

I don't really have a "favorite" word. but the words I use most (or so everyone tells me :rolleyes: ) are:

sh*t, crap, hassle, dude and "word" :D

as for expressions, I'm the only person I know that says "Good Grief". Curse you Charlie Brown!!

10. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I forgot one word! It goes like this:

...duh!

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    pillow :roll:

I like what it means as much as how it sounds, and feels in the mouth to say.

"Brother" has become one of my new favorites, especially when hearing #1 Son address #2.

12. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Anathema. Great word. Not sure why I like it, but it's great - I'm also a big fan of Pernicious. Fun stuff.

13. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I always liked "shield".

14. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Seven.

That may be because I like the number a lot though (and no, no religious/cultural connotation whatsoever associated with it, in my mind)

15. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Interesting - can be used in so many circumstances.

ie: "that is an interesting painting" when in actuallity you think it horrible.

17. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Severance.

18. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Here's a question for you and your favorite word, Nakia: do you pronounce it with or without the first "e"? Intresting, or interesting? Or does it depend on the use?

I ask because I use that word all the time, but my brother and sister make fun of me for pronouncing it differently at different times.

19. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @Eric Xanthus: In casual use I would probably use 'intresting'. In the example I cited probably 'interesting'. But don't use me as a proper example; I am infamous for my mispronouncing of words.

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I've always heard/said it as "In-Ter-Esting" :rolling:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.