1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your favourite player character?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by chevalier, Nov 5, 2005.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @khaavern: Sounds good. Don't forget Improved Criticals for that hammer, if you're at it. If the character is human and not a fighter and takes only the feats he needs for Weapon Master, he's able to start taking WM levels from character level 13 on. Weapon Masters with blunt weapons don't lose anything compared to slashing weapon WM's, katana/bastard sword excepted (but that costs you a feat, which means 3 levels if you aren't a fighter), at least so far as max damage is concerned (I haven't done average damage calculations, though). Once upon a time, I wanted to make a paladin/sorcerer(wizard)/WM with a double-headed mace -- looking so ceremonial, sceptre-like and all.

[ November 22, 2005, 14:16: Message edited by: chevalier ]

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I always reckon that Improved Criticals is a bit over-rated seeing that all the really tough opponents are immune to critical hits anyway.

3. chevalier

Media:
    Possibly, but if you take WM levels anyway, a whole new class that relies almost totally on criticals, then it doesn't look so illogical to take.

4. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Especially if you're proficient in a X4 crit weapon.... Wow with improved power attack when you crit, things go BOOM!!

I'm sorry if this doesn't relate as well to the NWN chars, but I have to say... the most enjoyable character I've ever played is a Paladin6 Fighter 4 Cavalier 10. It's a shame that you can't play with mounted combat in cRPG's... but man the things you can do are so much fun - IE: with 18 strength and a +2 weapon - 120 damage(minimum) deadly charge.

Addendum to my last post on favorite characters. Rogue/Barbs are fun too.

5. chevalier

Media:
    Well, you could try a paladin/fighter/WM with longsword, but I'm afraid it would still be more of a westernised samurai than a knight. CoT isn't that bad for a chivalric class, although it's so un-universal. Some persistent worlds allow you to call it champion of whatever deity you wish, regardless of the official CoT denominator.

As for X4 crit weapons, you could always take WM levels and choose scythe. With all the WM bonuses and Improved Crits, it will score threat on 17-20 and hit *5 if confirmed. Funny with smiting. Like this. And here is the epic Divine Warrior on BioWare's website.

6. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Hmm... That's odd, because the game doesn't let me take levels of Champ of Torm AND Weapon Master, only one prestiege class. Is it just me?

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You must be able to take more than one prestige class otherwise how could people make that cheesey Shifter Dwarven Defender?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.