1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Favourite Party

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by corbulo87, May 16, 2003.

1. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

If you were to play the game for the sake of playing, say you're bored on a lazy sunday afternoon with nothing to do, what sort of party would you play? What characters / numbers of characters / schools of wizardry / priesthoods / races? You're favourite party. It doesn't have to be good, just fun to use.

[ May 17, 2003, 13:23: Message edited by: corbulo87 ]

2. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

i would do a solo drow sorcerer, leveled up with the cheat console and see how far i can get before monday morning.

3. Gideon Pepys Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My fave PnP party:

Mother Nap - Human Wizard

(Level of Bard thrown in to reflect her role as tactician. She is also the team's negotiator. Ruthless streak reflected by NE alignment, but she is not truly evil as such. Uses daggers & Crossbow.)

Skyler - Svirfneblin Fighter Rogue

(Stronger & Tougher than your average svirf. Low on Wisdom due to impetuous nature. Axes & Darts. Doesn't speak Common. CHA2. True neutral. Does whatever Mother says.)

Gruumsch - Half Orc Monk

(NOT stupid. INT10, WIS 18. Seven feet tall. STR20, DEX14. Was a sohei or temple guard until sworn into Mother Nap's service. Has white crystals where is eyes should be. Blind Fight. Also spends one feat on Bows. Vow of silence - 1CHA... Lawful Good. Often unhappy with the path the group takes.)

Yeosawai - Human Swordsaint

(Versatile swordsman. Eschews missile weapons in favour of swords only. No stat too high or too low, except CHA6. Mean and moody, only interested in bettering his skills. LN.)

These are the central characters - all are good or excellent at hide/move silently.

Note there is no cleric in this group, hence the challenge. (Plenty of healing potions along the way).

Later in the game I plan to have them ebncounter one or two other characters (who I will edit up to the appropriate level).

Zod - a 50 year old human religious fanatic (Paladin3, Fighter4, Cleric of HelmX). A real loony. Low INT, low DEX, average WIS, high CHA,STR & CON. Full plate and sword/shield for this guy. Heroic Inspiration a must.

Mercanta - a mysterious shaman-like character. Human Barbarian/Druid. Spears.

I try to ensure all my characters have a central weakness and a core strength. I don't like power-gaming, even though I understand that the low CHA scores might make it seem like I do. But Skyler and Gruumsch are essentially silent assassin/ bodyguard characters, whereas Yeasowai never stops complaining, so low charismas are a must.

I might leave out Mercanta altogther in the end.

4. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

My favourite party is:-

Gold Dwarf Fighter 4/Paladin of Helm X using long swords/shields. Damage soaker/giver & Diplomat

Shield Dwarf Fighter 4/Barbarian X with 2 Handed Swords. Attacks from behind Gold Dwarf. Does more damage, but also takes more if he's at the front. Could be half Orc or human, but I prefer the extra hitpoints and save vs. magic bonuses.

Human Paladin of Ilmater 1/Painbearer of Ilmater X. Field medic/buffer/fighter. Uses polearms.

Moon Elf Silverstar of Selune - Summoner/Healer/Archer. Weak, but high dex. Uses bows and Moonblade of Selune.

Rock Gnome - Rogue 3/Illusionist X. Archer, thief, backup mage, loremaster, stealth bombardier, special ops.

Human sorcerer - Bombardier, occasional debiliator/undead summoner.

Lavverly staf.

5. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Shield Dwarf Fighter19/Battleguard of Tempus1

Aasimar Paladin of Ilmater5/Painberear of Ilmater15

Strongheart Halfling Rogue19/Ranger1

Drow Sorcerer

That are my next plans for passing through the game... :) My current party is also one of my favourites...
    Half-orc Barbarian2x/Fighter1x

Shield Dwarf Fighter2x/Battleguard of Tempus1x

Strongheart Halfling Demarch of Maks2x/Rogue1x

Drow Sorcerer (always drow sorcerer!)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.