1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Favourite Characters

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Ex-Paladine, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Human Cavalier or Dwarven Barbarian. Most fun characters I've ever played BG2 with.

(Solo F/M/T was good fun but not as good as a dwarf with a big shield and a runehammer ;) )

2. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Paladin.

3. Ex-Paladine Banned

Paladin... Yeah a good choice. I think if you play a game and if you don't have fun it's not a game.. :evil:

4. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] My favorite character is a ranger. The second choice is a spellcaster (wizard or sorcerer). These two classes are matching my mood

5. Ex-Paladine Banned

[​IMG] Ranger.. Mine too. Best is Minsc

6. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Can you get so much Strength and Dexterity or Constitution if you are importing your character from Baldur's Gate 1?

7. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

There is one (three for wisdom, TotSC included) tome for each stat in BG1.
    You can get +1 to each stat in Watcher's keep and some stat increases from Bhaal's tears.

8. Darkiz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Pure strenght has always been my favorite so half-orc barbarian for me

9. Platypus Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Actually, you CAN get the Silver Ioun Stone if you have the patch installed - both it and the Golden version (+1 INT) can be bought from Arcana Archives, I think.

10. gwenson Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

For now, i am very happy with my current BLADE BARD (lv25 or so).

Surprising. Once you have understood some little unique Blades "tricks", it really becomes.. surprising. :)

For exemple :
    - Mislead seems to be especially excellent on a bard, especially this one !.. +4 improved invisibility thaco bonus PLUS the decoy CAN permanently sing the enhanced warsong behind the lines in combat!.. additional +4 thaco bonus, lot and lot of immunities -even normal weapons, lol-, ac bonuses, etc, etc. Add an offensive spin (another +2 thaco and degats, and automatic MAX damages) and/or defensive one (+10AC), At high level = dangerous... :)
    - Melch Meteor with a BIG weapon in the off hand -Crom F..- PLUS offensive spin : very funny unexpected range effects (funny except for the ennemies).. :)
    - Defensive spin + a potion/spell (or even better the Ring..) of Freedom => can move with the -10 Ac bonus with np : very practical sometimes -grin. Combined with an enhanced warsong, and i already saw the hallucinating -25 AC : needless to say that he wasn't hit a lot, could move and could cast every spell he wanted in the front line and the heart of battle.. for exemple a few well put lv25+ skull traps just around him (the mirroring cap is very nice for this apparently.. like for every other similar spells that would hurt otherwise during close combats, like fireball or excellent magical flute delayed fireball, etc, etc.)..

And evidently you can do some little "combos", like Mislead + meteor + big weapons (like Crom F.) + offensive/defensive spins + optional Teiser (something like double handed thaco -10 and hp 250 then, if necessary, lol).. with evidently the traditional stoneskins and mirror images ON.. dangerous guy. An equivallent xp level Keldorn, fully equiped with Corsomyr, Strength19 / dexterty18 etc, don't live more than 1mn30 against this with not even a scratch made on the bard, grin..

The high level rogue traps possibilities seem to be funny too apparently.. use all items too..

For an underated and usually overlooked class, even despised sometimes, (bards), this is not bad at all!... :)

PS:
    wow! I just tried a new configuration possibility !! : Crom Faer (automatic Strentgh 25,n etc, etc) in off Hand AND the unique monk scimetar in the main hand (+1 att/round and very nice cumulative poison damages) (rogue Use all item ability) : i just experimented this crazy combo with Mislead and enhanced warsong behind (just this), i can get up to -12 thaco io BOTH hands (!! : with nothing, it is -3 each!), AND minimum 3 attacks/rounds : IF offensive spin, it reaches automatically then 4X (like normal haste), IF defensive spin, we can put an improved haste above and reach 6 attacks/round : he doesn't even need Teiser like this to be real total killer fighter like this; i could see up to 66 +5 full damages with crom faer on a critical strike with off hand, and the damages are ALWAYS in the 33 (+5 lightning or poison according the weapon) with Offensive spin activated -always max dam).. and the damages are cumulating very quickly at those speed rates!! Evidently, if needed, i ALWAYs try too to begin the important fights with Flail of Ages in the main hand until the SLOW effect on hit, THEN switch to the Scimetar AFTER!!.. Wow!
    On another sidenote, i just tested too the excellent VALYGAR family armor on this Blade bard too (thx here again to Use all items ability) : FABUL0US!! AC2 AND Spells available like the Bardic unique Melodic Chain, BUT with 25% magical protection, acid, fire, etc protections too !! Moreover, this armor DON'T reduce the thieving ability like every other armors : no need to remove it like the melodic chain to recover the armor -20 penality on pick pocket, etc!.. JUST need to have minimum Wisdom 14 (like Valygar), etc; for this i just took a Wisdom18 potion ONCE to be able to put it, and now, i can use it permanently, and don't even need to remove it for pick pocketing so like i should do with the melodic chain.. ! I can even use now specific *helms* on him, like Balduran (excellent so far for thaco, ac, hp, etc).. This "Use All items" Ability is really excellent on a bard!.. this allows too to use immediately every possible fighters combat potions too, evidently, btw.. really, those blades bards become more and more funny/surprising, with always more and more possibilities with high levels too, so : never always the same.. and always as funny on the front lines!!.. :)

[ March 16, 2003, 13:50: Message edited by: gwenson ]

11. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Gnomish theives! Can you just imagine it, a gnome walking around, reaching up just to pick pockets. :D

12. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I've got to give it to the F/M/C as well though. Very good spellcombinations.

13. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Mine is Totemic Druid or Assassin

14. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

i love using the sorcerer fullstop. i wish you could go solo in BG2 like in ID2. oh well, ill just have to go evil and kill all the npc's i see. :evil:

15. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Fallen Paladin :evil:

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    You know, I am Lazy... I just copy what I posted to one of the "Fave character" threads before this... of course, with the bloody typos edited out :D

Heh, she is STILL my fave!

(again drowsy and having a headache... coincidence?)

17. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

OMG deathbringer assault with backstab...can't think of damage.
    BTW CON more than 16 means nothing to fighter classes.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.