1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your favorite Planescape Torment moment

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Morgoroth, Jan 31, 2005.

1. teardropmina Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

the final meeting with Ravel (after she's "actually" killed) -- this is cumuilative! the whole ravel plotline gives me the strongest emotional impact~~

2. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I agree, meeting Ravel in her midwife incarnation was wowsome. I didn't follow the plot in that much detail, so it came as quite the shock for me. Practically everything related to Deionarra was quite impressive, as well. Interestingly enough, the relations with the other notable female NPCs - particularly Annah and FFG - were incredible too. "Not even all the Hells will keep you away from me." That was just so darn good.

Then again, what wasn't? Although if I were to give my vote to one single moment in the game, it would be the time when you were acting as a midwife to a street. That was simply... unique. There were many incredible moments in that game, but that was just inexplicably fascinating.

3. teardropmina Gems: 1/31

well, finding Ravel itself is a main plotline that adavances the whole narrative. "what can change the nature of a man"--> Ravel's twisted yet honest love and obsession of that man. the actual Ravel meeting reveals the truth about her three incarnations, at that moment that three previous encounters all make new sense and add emotional depth -- such care and love from the night hag! the final meeting is TNO the last and only thing that he can really repay Ravel. there's love or comradeship to TNO in major NPCs (joinable or not), but, imo, none has feeling and emotional involvement as deep and "thick" as Ravel. that final meeting is the climax and the perfect closure of, imo, the most emotional (or sentimental) plot of the game. and what's more, it's so subtle, gentle sadness. (and of course it's easily missed by those who rush to the end.)

btw, the final conversations with each of the comrades are certainly another great moment (it's just that, for me, the emotional depth is less than Ravel's). and there's my favorite line in all the games I've ever played --> "Time is not our enemy; forever is."

4. v3nom Gems: 1/31

The best part (bump... so kill me)

[​IMG] Nordom: (sharing his story with Yves) In the 13.7 Revolution, we were required to fix gear and cog subset 31 in the fifth ring of Mechanus. We removed the obstruction and the gear turned as per its normal speed. Upon completing our task, we were then returned to the Source.
    Morte: What in the Hells was that, you stupid polygon?! That's the most boring story I ever heard!
    Nordom: It was what took place. With embellishments, of course.
    Morte: Embellishments?
    Nordom: I thought the return to Source was a particularly fitting image to close the tale.

Nordom > *

(also: I WILL SMASH THAT MODRON CUBE TO BITS)

5. Thrasher91604

Thrasher91604 For those who know ...

There are so many great moments in this game. But perhaps the most interesting was the long dialog with Ravel, and the discovery of how much she had been helping you along.

The most affecting moment for me was when I discovered that each time TNO died another person was turned into a shadow. Felt terrible. Was this an unintended consequence of immortality, or did Ravel (and the TNO) know this would happen?

6. jiansonz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

Media:
    * Meeting Deionarra in the Mortuary. What great music, voice acting and atmosphere! I just went "Man, this game is GOOD. No way am quitting this". So it turned me into an eternal fan in a few minutes.

* Everything in the Brothel. I love the way the quests and errands with the "students" are tied together. I remember I was extremely confused and overwhelmed the first time, but I took it in small steps and was very stubborn.
    Favourite student: Kesai-Serris. It takes a lot of effort to drag the important story out of her...

7. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I agree with both moments. The first meeting with Deionara, the way her tone goes from angry to full of sadness when she whispers "my love", really made me feel I was onto something special. The rest of the game did not disappoint!

The brothel is also a great sequence. The music there is amazing, and the writing in this whole segment really shines, even more so than the rest of the game, which is saying a lot considering the general quality of the writing is so high.

8. ZombieTonyBlair Gems: 1/31

Nordom: Morte, did you know I have six sides?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.