1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your favorite Planescape Torment moment

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Morgoroth, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

[​IMG] At first since there seem to be so many new players who have just started or are just starting up with the game I suggest they stay out of here until they have finished their games unless they want to meet some serious spoilers.

Well I'm sure we've had many of these threads before but we sure have not had one in a while so I thought it would be good to share our top moments in Planescape Torment once again. :)

This game has countless beutyful and unique scenes but as my favorite I would pick the confrontation with Xaixchard (or whatever the blind archer was called). Just meeting the guy who your incarnation used to travel with in such a horrible state and hearing his story about what that bastard practical incarnation did to him. Also the way he is finally let out of his misery help to build up my favorite moment of the game. Just plain beutyful it's all I can say.

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Xacariah, or there abouts. :p

My favourite moments are with Morte. What he says when he gets upgraded, along with what he says when you are about to travel to the fortress... almost brought a tear to the eye. He was so LOYAL, and he was treated so badly. My nomination for saint...

3. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Ah, what to choose from the myriad of blissful moments in PS:T...

I'd say my most intense moment was (or rather IS every time I play the game anew...) the recollection (during the talk with her father) of what the pratical incarnation had done to Deionarra. When you re-live as a third party the scene of her seduction. And of course: I shiver every time I bid her ghost farewell in the mortuary. When I hear her saying that she will wait for me in the hall of the deads...

What an inimitable game this is...

4. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I'd say it was the memory in which Morte was pried out the Pillar.

Not the favourite moment by all means, but the most emotional one.

I really would like to find out about other moment: the first movie, before the Nameless One awakens. Who was the zombie girl ? No girls in the Mortuary who talk, and the archer is male. I'd believe it was one of the former girlfriends of the Nameless one, but it feels a bit stretched.

5. Lynx Lupo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Kulyok, wasn't that Raven's manifestation - one "zombie" does speak.

It's a really hard choice; the *first* thing that stunned me was that beggar who wants to eat your finger.

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I have two that I can remember out of head:

First when I saw Deionarra and I thought: "wow, first time seeing someone actually doing that." And I had been thinking none of the gaming companies got the idea -and no other still does.

Second, when my party arrived to that dirt city and NO/Annah got a bit hanky -after he had kissed the images of her and Fall-From-Grace. :xx:

(Just kidding; is that even possible? :p )

7. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

My favourite moment must be the ending, when you find out that no matter what you do, there is no really "good" ending.

8. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

The whole conversation with 'O', I love the story behind that character.

Also the whole circle of Zerthimon drama with Dak'kon

9. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

That pretty much sums up my favorite moments as well. :)

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

The end dialogue with FFG at the Fortress of Regrets.

11. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

That was pretty good too. "I will find you no matter where you go in Abyss!" (Or something like that.) Of course, the rest of the party would probably follow, or one of them at least. When do we get P:T2? :p

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I thought the entire scene with Raven was incredible -- that had to be the most complex dialogue I've ever seen in a game.

Fhjull was hilarious.

13. Gro'Mul Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

When you kill yourself in the civic festhall to prove your point in a discussion about the afterlife.

14. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The memory when you prove someone out of existance was something particular too...

BTW, where do you guys meet xacariah? I haven't found him...yet

15. Morghak Steelhammer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Xacariah is on the first level of the mortuary...try north-north-east. You need Stories-Bone-Tell ability in order to talk to him.

Forgot to add MY favorite moment...when you get Ignus to join the party...Ignus is my favorite NPC in the game as the one who suffered the most - in my opinion - at the hands of the Nameless One. Just after you get him it is possible to talk to his ex-girlfriend for a last embrace...

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

I found that rather annoying; what's the point of killing the only one who is actually at your side? Also, Ignus did what he did just because of himself, by what the story tells. In fact, he even betrays you in the end of the game.

17. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Not always. Only if you're Good or Neutral. There's someone else willing to end your existence if you're Evil...

Actually, it never made a lot of sense to me. I always thought you *should* fight Ignus if you're Lawful or Neutral, and only fight your other opponent if you're Chaotic.

18. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

After completing the game, I've got to add pretty much the entire Fortress of Regrets. I was just blown away by how incredible it was.

19. dreary Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I had no idea the blind archer was actually in the game. I did find him in the mortuary, but he doesn't remember who he is. How do I help him get his memory back?

Sticking to the topic, I think my favorite moment was when the Nameless One figures out what The Transcendent One is. I felt stupid for not figuring it out myself beforehand, though.

20. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

One of my favorite moments was when TNO was playing with the cube hero and Morte got jealous, that really cracked me up.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.