1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Favorite Party

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by The Dreadmaster, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Israfel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

No, C'Jakob, if you use that item they won't.
    At least, I played over 100 days game-time after putting on the helm and they never did (while before they used to try to slay each other once a fortnight)

2. How do you make Viconia good??

3. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Viconia - Red Dragon Scale, some good helmet like Helm of Balduran, Helmet of Defence or something like that. Crom Faeyr/Arlas Dragonbande/Flail of Ages. When she gets her lvl 7 spells she owns.

4. Israfel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

To make Viconia good _lawfully_, you must wait until a certain event in ToB where she will speak to you. If you tell her that you don't like killing, you get the chance of having her switch alignment to CG (I think). Probably the previous dialogues and/or romances may have an influence over it, ie if you encouraged her bloodthirst you won't get this chance.

However, if you don't want to wait until there, you should have her wear the Cursed Helm of Opposite Alignment. I don't know where it is located in SoA, nor if it can be found at all, but since I found it available in the Item List, I created it from nothing. Yes, it is cheating. But I couldn't - really couldn't - stand Aerie or Anomen.

5. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My Party (As of Now [Just reached Underdark]):

Lomas: Lawful Good Elven Archer Grand Master in Long Bows, equally as effective dual wielding Celestial Fury and blade of roses/daystar/any longsword/katana/Bastard Sword
    Imoen: I dont like Edwin's 'tude
    Jan Jansen" Best thief w/ Yoshimo gone
    Keldorn: High HP, Carsomyr is sweet
    Minsc: Dual wield Flail of Ages/Mace of Disruption +2 or the frost axe
    Jaheria: Have 2/4 Crom Faeyr parts, uses nice shied and Hammer of thundebolts

[ToB-related question removed, as well as the all caps text. Go read the Forum Rules & FAQ and try again in the ToB forum.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited April 07, 2002).]

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I just re-started SoA...I'm hoping to get through to ToB soon. Here's my current party, but I just finished the Shadow Dragon Lair, and I haven't picked up Imoen:

Belisarius Durendal: Human Cavalier currently wielding Lilacor and the Blade of Roses.

Minsc: Dual wielding axes (I can't remember their names - I bought one in the Coronet and the other was found in Nalia's Keep)

Jaheira: Dual wielding Belm (scimitar) and the Crimson Club (Trademeet) I'll probably drop her after the Harper battle...But I liek her with dual wield.

Viconia: (She speaks for herself): Flail of Ages

Nalia: Tuigan bow and that pink shortsword.

Galadon the Green: Human Necromancer (I started a multi-player game to make two characters...He currently wield the +2 staff/mace.

Most likely Jaheira and Nalia will be traded in....but the rest I'll keep all the way through.

7. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Aeron - Sorcerer (N)
    Aerie
    Nalia
    Edwin
    Imoen
    Keldorn

Keldorn stands in front with some big sword and the mages unleash hell :1eye:

8. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

My favorite party to completion (of ToB, actually) was:

Me (skald)
    Jaheira
    Sir Anomen
    Mazzy
    Jan
    Imoen

A very effective party in SoA, but suffered a bit from lack of fighters in ToB. Got the job done, though.

My other two completions:

Me (F/M/T) Me (F/T)
    Sir Anomen Korgan
    Keldorn Viconia
    Nalia Edwin
    Aerie Jaheira
    Jaheira Anomen

Aloha
    Vormaerin

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am playing in a way too effective TDD multiplayer party with a friend right now.
    It consists of

Abel: Human Dragonslayer (TDD Paladin kit) wielding carsomyr
    Cain: Human ranger/cleric dualclass wielding flail of ages and mace of disruption
    That is my buddies chars real awesome but here comes the real goody ones. Mine :evil:
    Artemis fighter/assassin multiclass dualwielding C'Fury and various shortswords with Shadowdragon leather and various other items he has an AC of -7. An overpowered uberchar, but quite funny to play
    Jarlaxle Kensai/mage mulitclass. Wielding various long swords and the staff of the magi another overpowered uberchar, great mage and even greater melee fighter.
    We are about to set up the difficulty as we defeated Bodhi the first time in 2 rounds :(

[This message has been edited by joacqin (edited April 12, 2002).]

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I have finally decided to now completely metagame the Aerie Romance (never finished that) and later play the improved baddies in ToB. My party is IMO pretty powerful, cosisting of 2 (later 3) melee fighters, 1 ranged fighter and two spellcasters.
    • Sir Camaris, halfling cavalier (the one of my halfling pallies who romanced Aerie, he now gets his second chance)
    • Nildir, halfling archer
    • Minsc & Boo & Lilarcor
    • Aerie (she's so cute in elven chain and combining cleric and mage spells is amazingly effective)
    • Imoen (till I get her I'll have Jan and before I got to spellhold Yoshimo)
    • free slot that will be filled with some guy from family in ToB
    So I finally returned to party interaction after playing my reduced powergaming parties of up to 4 chars ... I'll save that stuff for IWD-2 I think ... since I'm a little short of time recently I'll probably play that game till around end of may ... what a coincidence ;)

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited April 12, 2002).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  11. Kuja Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Me - Undead Hunter
    Minsc
    Korgan
    Viconia
    Yoshimo - Imoen
    Edwin

12. What is wrong with Keldorn? I am only a beginner but i dont see what is so wrong?
    By the way my party is

Me-gnome Illusionist 19 int-staff of magi
    Valygar-Celestial Fury Red Dragon Scale
    Keldorn-Casyomr
    Edwin
    Jahera-2 Scimitars+2 Black Dragon Scale
    Yoshimo-Armour of deep night

I have just started chapter 3 and my main charcter is lv14. Is that good enough for chapter 4 or not?

13. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Got no idea why Keldorn is so bad...i like him. He's a nice fighter, but he has to do something about his agility. (dex rather su%$)

and yes level 14 is good enough and you seem to be capable of dealing with nasty opponents. You got that Staff of the Magi, after all....

14. RangerSG Gems: 1/31

Keldorn with gauntlets of dexteity and the silver sword is the best front-liner in SoA, bar none.

Some people assume that alignment doesn't matter, and then they bring a paladin in and discover it does, and somehow it's the paladin's fault.

As for Viccy and Keldorn getting along, I think the term is "happy-cheat."

15. Kyrre Gems: 1/31

My next party will be:

Kensai(9)/Mage
    Swashbuckler
    Berserker(9)/Cleric
    Keldorn or Avaunis http://teambg.net/tdd/?page=npcs
    Edwin
    ???

[This message has been edited by Kyrre (edited April 15, 2002).]

16. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Euh RangerSG, even with the Silver Sword and the Gauntles of Dex, there is NO way in hell that Keldorn is a better frontline fighter than fex Korgan.

17. B20 Gems: 1/31

Human NG Berserker
    Keldorn
    Mazzy
    Haer'dalis
    Yoshimo > Imoen
    Nalia

its funny how no 2 people ever seem to have the same favourite party..

18. Valer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The best and most balanced party:

At the front line:

Human Inquisitor 2H Sword (guess which sword :) ) Red dragon mail

Half-elf Ranger/Cleric Flail and Hammer (Flail of Ages and later Crom... ) to prevent my priest from any damage i am using shields too. (AC less than -10)

Ranged characters

Human Dualled Fighter/Mage Long bow (Heartseeker) Attacks 4 times/round :) Bracers of Archery

Elf Assassin Katana, Long Sword (Celestial Fury) You have to have str16 or better to be able to backstab with a weapon bigger than short swords!!! And the short bow of course... Shadow dragon mail, Pale Ioun Stone

I also played with a single assassin, but after the lvl24 it was no longer challenge. 6 characters are impoving too slow, 3 or 4 is ideal.

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    As for Keldorn:
    Maybe it's that Minsc can use the gaunts of dex with good effect as well - he has only dex-16 so their use results in a +2 improvement in AC and a THACO bonus for ranged weapons - even more for Keldorn - or iirc Anomen who's dex is pretty silly either.

So I always asked me who I wanted to give the gaunts of dex to for best efficiency.

That has varied, in the moment I prefer Minsc even though I have an unused Carsomyr and the fact that Keldorn's stats are way better than Minscs and that I like the dispell magic and true sight ... maybe I change my mind later in the game ...

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited April 18, 2002).]

20. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] fighter/theif with katanas and longswords, weaing shadow armour, gloves of pickpocket and boots of stealth, using blade of roses and celestial fury

sorcerer with robe of vecna, sling of seeking and staff of rynn

kensai (note that hes NOT dualled to a mage) with two handed swords and weapons, wielding warblade

Skald with longswords and crossbows, wearing melodic chain, wielding light crossbow +2, equalizer and daystar. btw, i find bards REALLY useful, especially when kitted out as a fighter with a ranged ability, as they can stir up the front line with close combat, sit back and play a song or cast spells with good ability and defend himself quite sufficiently.

well rounded, few members and able to handle all comers.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.