1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Favorite Party

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by The Dreadmaster, Mar 12, 2002.

1. What is your favorite party you finished the game with?

Mine's:

Delvanus, with Shadow Dragon Leather and Mana Bow and Quiver of the Plenty and Daystar

Aerie: Robe of the Vecna, Staff of Rhyn

Imoen: Firetooth, short sword of Mask

Keldorn: Casomyr

Mazzy: Red Dragon Scale

Valygar: Celestial Fury

Methinks it's pretty balanced. 4 Warriors (me shooting arrows), a cleric and a mage (Aerie), another mage (Imoen) and Valygar the Backstabber.

2. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Me F/M/T, celestrial fury- Jhor the bleader
    backup equalizer and Daystar and staff of Magi

Minsc; Crossbow and cleric spells, Yes you heard me. No close combat for him. Backup Lilacor of course :1eye: and warblade and silver sword

Imoen, Tuigan bow, Geasen bow and firetooth

Keldorn, uhmm Yes I am weak :love:

Jaheira, Blunt weapon chick
    Crom feyer backup staff of Rynn +4

Cernd, Blunt weapon Bloke and his own shapeshifting

Everyone but Imoen can play in the frontline depending on dmg.

2xmages
    2xthieves
    2xdruid
    Keldorn and Minsc with limited healing

But as always. Name a poor team and any of us can make it strong!

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited March 12, 2002).]

3. christopher_c_pitzer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Me - Inquisitor
    Minsc
    Valygar
    Imoen - she replaced Yoshimo
    Aerie
    Viconia

I had 3 good frontline fighters, Imoen and Aerie dealt with anything that the Carsymor could not, and Aerie and Viconia could deal with any undead problems that may have arised. My spell casters where not good, but they were more than suffient considering most of the time I just sent my paladin to deal with most things.

4. plasma Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I thought Jaheira couldn't use warhammers.

Aren't Druids restricted to staffs, slings, spears, darts, clubs and daggers?

I currently have Aerie wielding Crom Faeyr. With that 25 strength, her THACO is down to -1. She's still only limited to one attack per round though.

5. Ursaj Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I have:

Me - mage/thief
    Keldorn
    Minsc
    Viconia
    Aerie
    and Edwin

in my three-PC multiplayer I have:

A swashbuckler
    A monk
    and a sorceress
    I occasionally picked up Vicky and Eddy to help with healing and spellcasting in this one.

6. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

My favourite party that I've finished the game with has to be:

• Gerald - Human berserker with axes, bastard swords and the like
    • Mazzy
    • Anomen
    • Jaheira
    • Nalia
    • Imoen

I prefer my current party, but I havent finished with them yet; Percy the Cavalier, Keldorn, Valygar, Yoshimo (soon to be replaced by Imoen), Aerie and Cernd.

Ive also started a new game with 4 of my own characters (a F/M, a T/M, a C/M and a Wild Mage, all evil) for nefarious, cowled wizard-baiting, magical fun. :evil:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just mix some NPC's for fun:

Keldorn and Edwin
    Minsc and Jan
    Aerie and Korgan
    just some nice examples
    add a romance et voila
    :D

8. christopher_c_pitzer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yeah, I mixed Viconia and Keldorn and did not know what would happen. I got halfway through the Windspear Hills dungeon and Keldorn kills Viconia. That really blew. Keldorn kinda sucked anyway, so I booted him off.

9. Ghengis Khan Gems: 1/31

Am I the only one to have kept Haer Dalis.
    My current line up is:
    Me (Inquisitor)
    Aerie
    Minsc
    Jahiera
    Haer Dalis
    Imoen (replaced Yoshimo)

10. generaln Gems: 1/31

i also kept Haer Dalis..
    I completed it with:
    Me(also inquisitor)
    Haer Dalis (i just liked listening to all his smalltalk:D)
    minsc leading with blade and boot
    yoshi, then imoen
    Viconia
    and Edwin as mage...

quite a bit of angry threats being thrown around, but it was a lot of fun.

11. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Basic Evil Party, just waiting for Sarevok in ToB to join my cause.
    ATM:

Ne'Ok Eldarian, Bounty Hunter (will perhaps be dualled to Fighter, depending on how much exp I can gather)
    Aeri Goldlock, Sorceress
    Korgan Bloodaxe, Berserker, front line tank together with..
    Yoshimo, dualled to a Fighter early on (he is perhaps level 9-10 in his Bounty Hunter Kit) - Mainly serves for backup, ie. Bow of Tasheron, but can get in for close combat together with my main character.
    Viconia deVir, Cleric, Basic Healing, Sling of Everard and Flail of Ages. Holy Power, Draw Upon Holy Strength & Regeneration and she is quite good at fighting if my tanks are in trouble
    Edwin Odesseiron, currenly Edwina =). Used for summoning up cannon fodder if my fighters are badly hurt.

[This message has been edited by Desu (edited March 17, 2002).]

12. C'Jakob Guest

• Kraev: CN Male Half-Elf Fighter/Thief, a master swordsman, uses only swords for combat. Wears non-metal armor, uses long swords to backstab, two-handed swords in direct combat. Tank of the party.
    • Viconia: Divine spellcaster; good for some combat.
    • Nalia: Arcane spellcaster: also serves as an archer (high DEX).
    • Haer'Dalis: Support fighter, arcane spellcaster. Good for dialogues, too.

[This message has been edited by C'Jakob (edited March 17, 2002).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  13. Israfel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Good party:

- Kensai/Mage, awesome fighter and helpful mage
    - Keldorn, fighter and Ultimate Dispeller with the Carsomyr (also nice crossbowman with the Gloves of Dexterity)
    - Minsc, melee fighter
    - Viconia, wonderful cleric (and sometimes fighter) [I look forward to converting her in ToB]
    - Imoen, thief, archer and mage (mostly summoning - she's too busy flying arrows)
    - Nalia, main mage (casting offensive spells)

Evil party:

- Monk
    - Korgan, melee fighter and nothing else
    - Viconia [this time I keep her evil ;)]
    - Haer'dalis, not very good at anything, but simply too nice ;)
    - Edwin, amazing mage
    - Jan Jansen, another funny NPC

I would have liked to use Cernd, but I think the Shapeshifter druid is best used in a solo (which I will do some day)

[This message has been edited by Israfel (edited March 28, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Israfel (edited March 28, 2002).]

14. C'Jakob Guest

I fail to see how you can beat the game as a "good" party with Viconia and Keldorn in it.

15. Israfel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I might tell you: 18 CHA plus Cloak of the Nymph and Blade of Roses, but the real answer is: Cursed Helm of Opposite Alignment ;)

16. DrFaust Gems: 1/31

I just finished the game for the first time with:

Aeric, a swashbuckler primarily wielding Necaradan's Crossbow (go ahead, cry blasphemy at the thought of a non-melee swashbuckler!), with Flame Tongue for back-up

Valygar, with Celestial Fury and his family blade

Minsc, duel-wielding the Flail of Ages and Skullcrusher or Mace of Disruption (Minsc was also the guy using Daystar most of the time, as needed)

Jaheira, using Everard's Sling and Gnasher

Aerie, Sling of Seeking and Skullcrusher when Minsc didn't need it

Imoen, Staff of the Magi and the Gesen Bow; she also wore the Robes of Vecna.

All in all, it was a fun time. I didn't get to the experience cap with Imoen, Valygar, or Minsc.

Faust

17. C'Jakob Guest

Israfel:

If Keldorn and Viconia (wearing Helm of Opposite Alignment) are in the same party, does that mean they won't attack each other?

Or did you just use Happy Party?

18. ender Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

my best was my thief, who could take almost anything out by himself, korgan, viconia, sarevok,haerdalis, and edwin

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I had quite a number of nice parties:

This one was the most powerful in terms of combat effectiveness (since they leveled up very fast)
    -Sir Galahad, halfling cavalier wielding Namarra, flail of the ages and flamethongue
    -Lindir, halfling archer using Kundane and the tuigan/ Gesen bows
    -Alobar Steelfist, dwarven fighter-cleric using warhammers and slings
    -Svenia Svensson, gnomish Illusionist-thief using shortswords, daggers and darts

At the moment I play another party I like:
    -Milla, halfling priest of Lathander, maces, hammers ( :mad: no crom :mad: ), slings and flails
    -Sir Camaris, halfling cavalier ... as above
    -Kushgar, dwarven barbarian, Easthaven defender flail and axes - finally I'll make him dualwield the easthaven defender and the axe of ooops ( ... from ToB) ... my first dualwielding char ever. With thge armor of believe his AC is pretty good.
    -Caffrey Beamish, halfling bounty hunter using shortswords, wakizashis and the tuigan bow
    -Minsc & Boo & Lilarcor
    -Jaheira (I'll kick her to get a good mage ... maybe Imoen)

I once though about an allstar team of Bhaalspawn consisting of halfling cavalier, halfling archer, dwarven barbarian, halfling priest of Lathander, mc kensai mage and my old transmuter but that would make the game by far too easy ....

20. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I got two partys for the moment:

- Rurik, human thief, long swords and scimitars and shortbows. He's really effective in combat even though he's a human thief.
    - Viconia, gotta love that "preist". Uses slings and warhammers.
    - Haer' Dalis, he is one of the best NPCs in the game, IF you know how to play him! It's difficult to learn the "secret within" him, but I tell you this: Haer' Dalis can take Valygar AND Keldorn alone in 1 on 2 combat.
    - Valygar, Celestial Fury and Corthala Family Blade.. dual-wielding 'course.
    - Keldorn, one of the suckiest fighters in the game, but I only have him for the Carsomyr.
    - Nalia, suxx0rz I know, but I'm going to replace her with Imoen.

Then there's my Darkest Day mod party:
    -Katsushiro, Human Kensai dual-wielding The Celestial Fury and the Equalizer. When I got to Hell, I replaced the Equalizer with Blackrazor. Goddamn, he could take Irenicus and his fiends alone in hell.
    - Jan Jansen, Firetooth and Short Sword of the Mask. In hell I gave him the Equalizer.
    - Viconia, best Cleric... Arlas Dagonbane and the Crom Faeyr.
    - Xzar, returning from BG1. The best mage in the game. ONLY in Darkest Day!! :nono: Well, anyway he had a The Sling of Seeking and Robe of Vecna.
    - Edwin, the best mage in SoA and ToB. Aslo using a sling and Staff of Rhynn.
    - Avaunis, New NPC in Darkest Day, a Celebral Knight (sucky paladin kit!), though he's MUCH better then Keldorn. Carsomyr and Silver Sword.

Cya guys :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.