1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your D&D self

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Jerlark386, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Thanks for the kind words ArchAngel, but with 10 and 11 being the average stats for a normal human being, I do not see my self as being that much smarter than my next of kin.

Where's the sense of humility in people these days?

2. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

If there are so many people here with an INT of 15 and higher. I am out of my league even posting at this forum. I don't doubt it at all though. There are many brilliant people here I'm sure of it, but something like this would definitely intimidate me.

[This message has been edited by Jerlark386 (edited January 12, 2002).]

3. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Hmm, intelligence scores are your IQ divided by 10 and minus 12? Are you sure? If I'm not mistaken, a genius' IQ is 180+. Say the person has an IQ of 185 divided by 10 equals to 18.5 minus 12 which will get you 6.5. Wow, that must mean the people in D&D has an obscene number of IQ.

4. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Genius level is meant to be 140. Mine is 130 for a 15 year old. Im 14 and 3 months and that fairly higher then most people in my grade(dont know more then one person higher). Ok so im not quite 16. So much for being a fighter/theif/mage

[This message has been edited by Alienboy (edited January 12, 2002).]

5. Azardu Gems: 9/31

Just checked out those tests.
    Got 45 WPM on the typing test, and an 'Ultimate IQ Score' of 133.

Doing the 'divide by 10 and subtract 12 method', I come close to an IQ of 1! Kind of dissappointing... If however I subtract 12, then divide by 10, I come closer to 12, which is what I aimed myself at. :)

Hmm, I hope no one gets their own self image destroyed by taking that test (meaning those 15+ INT people, yes, I consider everything above 14 high). But, I'm sure they know their own selves better than that...

:p

And to those with the high Strength scores (you know who you are), I direct you to this part of the D20 SRD. How many of you 16 STR'ers can hold 230lb above your head for extended periods of time? Or lift 460lb off the ground? Or push around or drag 1150lb around? Wow, you guys are strong.
    Now, I'm not saying you guys are lying about yourselves, I'm merely expressing my admiration for such strong athletes (even though I generally hate sports). ;)

6. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Str: 11. I am 14 years old and i work out each day.
    Int: 14. I have an iq of 133 due to a mensa test.
    Wis: 12. I can't explain this one.
    Dex: 15. I'm young, I have been practicing martial arts and i practice spring gym.
    Con: 13. I get sick like once per 6 months.
    Cha: 9 . :(

7. ArchAngel Guest

I think Jerlak386 means subtract 12 and divide by 10. I assume this is correct since it results in an excellent comparison to the 2nd edition rules.

8-9 normal ---> 100 IQ normal

Fits excellent to an IQ of 140-150.

I admit the WPM calculation only partially covers the concept "Dexterity"; but it is a start nevertheless.

Supplementary Edit: two notes; Are you comparing the 2nd or 3rd edition rules? The 2nd edition Players handbook states that 7-8-9 is the "normal human beeing span". The high numbers in CRPG have perhaps clouded this.

IF I use the 2nd edition rules I round up this when I for instance calculate my strenght.

Str. Table 47 page 103 from the rulebook.
    In the army we wore backpack and equipment weighing 25 kilograms or 50 lbs. It was ranging from light to moderate encumbrance for me so; Strenght 9-10. And I do consider myself strong. But if most of you feel you can walk around with 46-69 lbs only beeing lightly encumbered you have my respect.

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited January 12, 2002).]

8. Masher Gems: 5/31

Hmmm. I shall attempt to make this analysis fireproof...

STR - 13 (Brick You-Know-What but no training)
    DEX - 12 (High average, reflects natural sporting ability but also the unwillingness to work at it)
    CON - 12 (7 if I get hit in the nose... it bleeds at the slightest touch. Not painful, just highly inconvenient)
    INT - 14/15? (Last IQ test I did I scored over 150. Not by much, I might add.)
    WIS - 13 (Unless staying up late counts against this.)
    CHA - 5 (for people I don't know, 13 when with friends)

9. According to that WPM test, my Dex is 20.3 recurring, which is a load of something unpleasant, I can't even do a forward roll.

10. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31

It was just one suggestion you might be able to go by if was edited a bit maybe. I'm no mathematics expert. I was hoping someone else might do it for me. But I know one way is to subtract a little from a real-world statitistic about you and then divide by a certain amount of times

[This message has been edited by Jerlark386 (edited January 13, 2002).]

11. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] I agree Jerlak.

The optimal way to test ones dexterity is when no skills can be used. For instance a man-sized wall with 9 handsized bottons. 3 high, 3 middle and 3 low. (there is one such wall in Denmark in a place called "Experimentariet"). Each touch on a button that is light in will give a point. There is only light in one button at a time. You have 60 seconds. Worldclass goalkeepers can score around 80 points. Average human reflexes scores around 45.
    So 18 dex = 80 points
    and 8 dex = 45 points

Anyway since you are all so clever you might find similar ways to actually test your 6 attribute skill in a more scientific manner than pure intuition. :p

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited January 13, 2002).]

12. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I was a high school goalie and those games in arcades were you have to hit the crocodile I always win heaps.:p

13. Ramses Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Archangel and Mollusken don't be a judge of someone you have never met. Let people be the judge of their own statements and live by their own perceptions. Don't shatter reality in dreams, as I will not shatter your dreams in reality.

To the question at hand. IF I was a D&D character? I would prefer, or be so bold to say that I indeed am, a Greater Mummy ;)

[This message has been edited by Ramses (edited January 13, 2002).]

14. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hmm...
    Strength- 7, Yeah well, i'm scrawny, ok?

Dexterity- 17, I'm an MVP Hurdler and went to California State Championships last year for 2 events- 300m IH and 110m HH. My mile time is around 5 mins.

Constitution- 15, I have lots of endurance, and I pick fights with my 250lb, power-lifting brother, a result of which I have a very high pain threshold.

Intelligence- 15, By way of MENSA I have a 164 IQ, so that puts my Int at 15 given those formulas.

Wisdom- 13, I'm ameliorated as to the world by way of politics, speak a few languages well and a few others poorly, and am well read in different philosophical arenas.

Charisma- 16, Voted funniest guy in school, went through a period where two really beautiful girls were vying for my time, and I have great abs during track and field season. Thats right, I went there...

Innate Abilities-
    Rage 1/day: +8 STR, +8 CON, +4 DEX. Occasionally, while rough-housing with my brother i'll take a shot to the face and turn into a demon. When i'm pissed to this point, the adrenaline rush makes me feel no pain so i just go crazy, and even though he's 4 times my size he gets a whoopin'. Yeah, i'm pretty mean.

Class- I'd probly be a Mage or a Thief- or both. Yeah, Mage/Thief all the way.
    Alignment- Chaotic-Neutral, [sometimes good sometimes evil- not gray]

Amon-Ra

15. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Hmmm...
    If 9 is average then I would look kinda like this:
    STR:9 or 10 (I am not that strong. The only sport I play is golf.)
    DEX:14
    CON:5 or 6 (I always get striked by all the diseases that comes my way and I get tired walking to the toilet, ;) )
    INT:16 ( I am one of the smartest in our class, sometimes I am even smarter than our teacher. Sounds like I'm a bragging bastard, but I'm not. It can even sometimes be embarrasing.
    WIS:12
    CHA:14 (I am not that kind of girl that all boys want, not at all. But I have alots of friends and I dont look like shit. I may seem like a very boring person at first, but if you get to know me I am a rather cool person, says many of my friends . )
    I hope this is how I appear. :D

[This message has been edited by Eilonwy (edited January 13, 2002).]

16. total Guest

STR: 13 (above average, enough for my life style)

DEX: 7 -not good at lockpicking :) and other fast reaction things

CON: 11 bigger than usual, heavier too :)

INT: 11 nothing special, got fairly easy through school

WIS: 12 "wiseass" some say

CHA: 9 could be better with some cloak of charming, but this is only first reaction only

Special skills:
    Luck blessing - Once per week I get my moment +1 to all modyfiers

17. Gamer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

STR 06 not very strong. Actually the least strong 16-year-old boy I know

DEX 08 I always trip over things

CON 11 I'm pretty resistant to diseases but at the other points my CON is poor

INT 15 Solving problems without trying really hard, learning things fast and memorizing many things over a long time. If that was int 18, I have 15 because that's almost true

WIS 12 a bit above average but nothing to be proud of

CHA 12 I'm not attractive but I can convice people pretty well and because cha is about leadership too, I think get a 12 in that point

Class: As my stats suggest I would be a mage

Alignment: Lawful-Good. I tend a bit to Neutral-Good but only sometimes.

Special ability: Favourite Spell which I can cast instantly once a day. (That reflects that if I really want to do something I succed in 99 percent).

Of course I would never be able to travel around in an adventurer-group. I would live in near a big library like candlekeep and teach those who seek knowledge.

18. Doofus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] STR6
    DEX10
    CON6
    INT12
    WIS8
    CHA9

I wanted to make a character based on me but I decided that I suck;)

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    If we use the method of subtracting and dividing, my Int would be either 15 or 16.

And for class, I'd be a mage- Unseen University style. (I'm actually thinking playing BG2 thorough with the Senior Wizards...)
    As for alingment, I'd say I'd be either chaotic good or neutral evil.

Ara
    (Spoon guy is away, got more time to do homework. Yay!)

20. Deano99 Gems: 9/31

hmm let's see

Str 11
    Dex 10
    Con 7
    Wis 7
    Int 15
    Chr 10

hehe a purely under average person i would say. Though i ain't stupid...

or not totally!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.