1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your D&D self

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Jerlark386, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

If you were a D&D character(thats right you), what would your ability scores look like? This topic may have been posted before, but that was a year ago anyway.

Maybe I would rate myself something like this:

STR 05(I'm not very strong at all)
    DEX 11(pretty mediocre, but I'm fairly good at dodging, but a bit clumsy at times)
    CON 13(I can withstand pain and disease fairly well)
    INT 14(I'm kind of smart, atleast for my age maybe)
    WIS 12
    CHA 10(I'm not all that attractive and I'm too shy to make friends)

I not so sure other special abilities I might have. but thats a start. This is going based on your own ability and not something you made up. So be honest.

Judge yourself.

[This message has been edited by Jerlark386 (edited January 09, 2002).]

2. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

STR 06(I can hold my own)
    DEX 09(i get hit by the doge ball's more then the avrage person)
    CON 15(who needs advil?)
    INT 12(i'm not dumb, learning is just hard)
    WIS 13
    CHA 11(i'm on the ugly side but i make friends were i can)

Special Abilities: medatait

[This message has been edited by DragonRider SkyWard (edited January 11, 2002).]

3. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Ironbeard ... thanks for the links. That was a fun walk down memory lane!

As for my current stats ...

STR: 17
    I'm 6'3", 230 lbs and work out daily.

INT: 16
    3.8 GPA through my Masters degree
    WIS: 10
    I'm a real-life cleric, but not the wisest of them all. I kinda lack street-smarts, which is what I always figured Wisdom was.
    DEX: 8
    There is a restraining order banning me from all dance floors during anything but slow dances. I just tell myself that my other stats had to get compensated for somewhere ;)
    CON: 15
    I can run for miles and work 14 hour shifts, live on 5-6 hours sleep
    CHA: 17
    I was a very articulate preacher and now am the #5 salesman for a Fortune 15 company.

As to my alignment, I honestly think I'm on the boundary of lawful good and chaotic good. Life has been pretty stressful turning my thoughts and actions very chaotic (hence my new years resolutions)

Class, I'm a cleric or a paladin ... really.

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Strength: 12 (a very small bit above average strength)
    Dexterity: 17 (learned to react very quick for I play table tennis for already ten years)
    Intelligence: 15
    Wisdom: 5
    Constitution: 15 (fanatic sporter)
    Charisma: 11 (average)

6. Garret Jax Gems: 5/31

Why Not:

STR- 16 Ex-Power/Olympic Lifter. 5'10", 190lbs
    DEX- 17 Very fast reaction time, ability to maintain balance at heights above 50'
    Con- 15 Can work for long periods with little rest, I don't get sick and scars tend to go away quickly
    Int- 14 Ave. student, B.S. degree, can engineer some complex things
    Wis- 16 Been all over the world and versatile in communicating and adapting to multi-cultural environments
    Cha- 17 This is from the women I have known.

Special Abilities:
    Unncanny ability to insult people at first sight. My friends tell me that I could "Piss off the Pope"
    Strike fear in the hearts of men- I always look upset so people don't mess with me.

Class: Fighter/Thief
    Align: LG w/ Tendencies to be both Chaotic and Nuetral.

7. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31

One good way to convert your abilities to stats is this method described here.

STR (as described by the rules
    DEX (divide your WPM by 3)
    CON (amount of time you can take a beating divided by 18)
    INT (I.Q. score divided by 10 and minus 12)
    the rest will be a bit fuzzy

8. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

STR: 8 (below average)
    DEX: 12 (fast reflexes make up for the lack of coordination, quite agile (or at least I'm told so))
    CON: 11 (slightly above average, at the condition that stamina is strenght-related)
    INT: 15 (usually great memory, good at maths, logical thinking and such, comprehend and learn things quickly, but I'm not a genius (though I'm frequently called that by some people))
    WIS: 10 (average, I would suppose)
    CHA: 10 (again, average)

Elvish build (though lacking the appearance and pointy ears of the Fair Folk). Alignment would probably be some kind of druidic neutral good.
    Multiclass (0,5 levels in fighter and 0,25 in bard, though with lore beyond his years)

9. LG Elven paladin - I'm medium height, I live in a forest, I have huge ears, and I'm incredibly arrogant.

STR: 14 - Everyone tells me I should play rugby
    DEX: 10 - I suck at Gym, can't dodge a bus going at 0.5 mph
    CON: 14 - I can take a few :)
    INT: 16.5 - Frequently get highest test scores in my year, top set for everything etc etc
    WIS: 12 - I know some stuff, but I'm fairly weak-willed
    CHA: 16 I'm blonde :)

[This message has been edited by Sir Yerril of Morningmist (edited January 10, 2002).]

10. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Strength: 13 (I do 45 minutes swimming/waterpolo practice 4 times a week)
    Con: 12 (As above :)
    Dex: 9 (I sometimes have really good reflexes when I'm playing badminton, but normally aren't much special)
    Intelligence: 15 (I go to one of the top twenty private schools in England, and do pretty well there)
    Wisdom: 7 (I'm always doing idiotic things :))
    Char: 10 (Just average)

Alignment: Neutral Good

11. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I think you all are giving yourself way too high stats. The characters we play in our games are not normal people. The intelligence of 18 is required for the highest level of mage spells. Those spells are almost as good as god magic. Think it will be stupid for anybody here to says they have an intelligence above 13-14 ;).

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Lets go for it.

Str: 12 im pretty big and a bit stronger than the average.

Dex: 4 Dont even mention it

Con: 10 I dont ge sick often and I can take a few punches but I get out of breath if walk to fridge.

Int: 14 I would like to think of myself as smart but not in the vicinity of a genius.

Wis: 16 I know that I am wise. I have an ability to never get in trouble and if I do I can talk my way out if it. I am a very good judge of character and can most often see "through" people.

Char: 15 im not in any means beatiful or even good looking but I never met a person that didnt like me. I have very easy to make friends and to keep them. The only downside is that people I dont like, like me :(

13. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Mollusken ... yeah, you're probably right. I'll edit mine to a "Reality Sucks, thanks for raining on my parade" version. :p

Here they are:

STR: 16-17
    INT: 12
    WIS: 8
    CON: 13
    DEX: 8
    CHA: 17

Thanks ... now go away ;) :grin:

14. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Remember guys nine is meant to be the average.

Str:14(good swimmer, pretty strong I can lift twice my own weight)
    Dex:16(very agile)
    Con:15(I live on 0-6 sleepnight. I'm a cross country champ!)
    Int:16(you better beleive it)ok maybe 12
    Wis:4/6(hehe, not the wisest but well learned)j/k Wis:12
    Cha:15(I'm pretty good looking and presavsive, so I'm told)

[This message has been edited by Alienboy (edited January 12, 2002).]

15. jesper898 Guest

Alignment: cha neutral (though MD says im lawful evil lol)
    Str:12
    Dex:8
    Con:13
    Int:15
    Wis:13
    Cha:8

16. Sentry Guest

STR: 25
    DEX: 25
    CON: 25
    INT: 25
    WIS: 25
    CHA: 25

(You did ask how our scores would be if we were a d&d char... since I'd bribe the devs I'd get superstats.)

17. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Strength - 15 (Im going by what the manual says here folks; I reckon, with the aid of a backpack/weight divided amongst what I was wearing/carrying etc, I could manage about 120 lbs over a period of time).
    Dexterity - 13 (I suppose youth is on my side; Im fairly supple and when Im awake properly Im fairly coordinated and nimble).
    Constitution - 12 (Im fairly robust but I havent got a great deal of stamina)
    Intelligence - 13 (It must be inherent; Ive managed to blag my way through GCSEs and A Levels with the minimum of work/effort. It sometimes takes me a while to grasp difficult concepts, though. Plus I suck at staunchly empirical stuff; I just havent got the attention span :S )
    Wisdom - 12 (Im fairly young and naive, but philosophy and ethics a level served me well :D )
    Charisma - 10 (Nothing special about me in this department. Low end of average)

Previous posts about these stats being in the context of extraordinary people are, I think, wrong. As I understand it, these stats represent the inherent abilities that everyone has. Obviously, they are augmented by training, but this training aside a level one character with no experience is no more superhuman (superelf, whatever) than anyone else. I believe the example mentioned was of high level magic. While you would need to have an intelligence of 18 to cast level 9 spells, for example, you would also need to have 18 levels of experience and practice in the practical application of magic to adventuring and the like. Anyway; theres really too many factors to sum up a real person in 6 numbers; its just convenient when playing D&D.

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm....

Str: 9 I am not a physical person...
    Dex: 13 I type a lot and am limber as hell...
    Con: 13 I don't have stamina but I can withstand illness and pain easily.
    Int: 17 I never bothered to study until I entered the International Baccalaureate program in the best Upper Secondary School in Finland, after getting the GPA of 9,1 from Comprehensive school (On the scale of 4 to 10), am completely bilingual and have smattering of three other languages.... and stuff.
    Wis: 14 I have been thorough a lot, and people often ask my advice. Usually they do as I say, and things work out, so I presume I have at least little wisdom. Not to mention my Father's tachings...
    Cha: 12 I can charm people with my sparkling personality...

I think those would be me, at leasrt o some extent.

Ara
    (Complete megalomaniac. But you knew that, didn't you?)

19. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm...
    STR:10
    DEX:8
    CON:9
    INT:12
    WIS:12
    CHA:12

Maybe?
    Well, that's my guess anyway.

20. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] No Azardu.

Most of the above claim to have int. above 12. If so, then you have an intelligence above 16. IMHO

Anyway Jerlak386 has said the smartest thing all along this thread.
    The WPM- he talks about can be tested here:
    http://jayhind.tripod.com/Wpm.html

For those who like to score high on IQ tests go to this site. Especially those who has english as native language.
    http://www.emode.com/tests/uiq/authorize/register.jsp?url=/tests/uiq/&stay

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited January 12, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.