1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your D&D character!

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Shura, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] Inspired by Aldeth's 'What's your stats?' topic, I've come up with a separate one for people to create a level 10 character with adventurer stats, feats, abilities and spells!

3rd edition rules/format would be most preferable, though.

Do include alignment, battle tactics, in-character aspirations, patron deity (optional, from Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms).

When we have enough characters, parties can be formed!

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Ferdinand Lokkernstein
    Human True Neutral ( Middle Lower Class)
    Height: 5 foot 11 inch
    Weight: 135 pounds
    Hair: Long, red hair
    Skin: Pale
    Eye: One blue, one green
    Fighter-3 Druid-7
    Hit-Dice: 3d10+3, 7d8+7 (64)
    Attack: Quarterstaff +2 +12/+7 (+3 FIG +5 DRU +2 STR +2 Enchantment/ +3 FIG +5 DRU +2 STR -5 SECOND ATTACK) Sling +1 +11/+6 (+3 FIG +5 DRU +2 DEX/ +3 FIG +5 DRU +2 DEX +1 Enchantment -5 SECOND ATTACK)
    Damage: Quarterstaff +2 1d6+4, Sling +1 1d4+1
    AC: 20 (+5 Hide armour +1 +2 dex, +2 Ring of protection +2 +1 Dodge feat)
    AC FLAT FOOTED: 17 (+5 Hide armour +1 +2 Ring of protection +2)
    AC TOUCH: 13 (+2 dex, +1 Dodge feat
    Will: +9 (+1 FIG + 5 DRU +3 WIS)
    Reflex: +5 (+1 FIG + 2 DRU + 2 DEX)
    Fortitude: +9 (+3 FIG +5 DRU + 1 CON)
    Str- 15 +2
    Dex- 14 +2
    Con- 12 +1
    Wis- 16 +3
    Int- 11 +0
    Cha- 09 -1
    Skill:
    Craft(Carpenter) +8, Spell craft +8, Knowledge (Nature) +4 ,Listen + 8, Heal +8 ,Wilderness Lore + 8, Animal Empathy + 4 ,Handle animal + 4,
    Feat: Dodge, Power attack, Cleave, Mobility, Craft arm and armour, Scribe scroll, Simple weapon proficiency, Martial weapon proficiency, Light, Medium, and Heavy armour Proficiency, Druid weapon proficiency, Animal companion ( Falcon) shield proficiency, Nature senses, Woodland strike, trackless steps, Resist Nature's lure, Wild shape.
    Spell per day: 6/5/4/3/1
    Worship: He is of the Old Faith therefore worship Beory.
    History:
    Born at the city of Mitrik in the land of Veluna.
    Both his parent where Merchant and traveled often, so he was raised mainly by his uncle and aunt. One day when he was age 14 he begins his training to become a warrior as each male member of the family did for 7 generation. He was sent to Littleberg to train himself. After completing his training at age 19 he returned to Mitrik. There he joined an adventuring group, even though his parents are against it. Months after he had finish his first adventure, he and his comrade found low magic item and selled them. Even though he his a capable warrior he found that the wilderness life was more appealing to him as a life in a crowed city. As he passed many more time with his uncle than his own father he decide to join his uncle in the Old faith (His parent worshipped St-Cuthbert). So he meet the druid of the Old fait for the first time at 19 years old. He was surprise to find that his uncle was a druid also. Even though his parent would be against it, he sill begged his uncle to train make him a druid and a servant of the old faith. His uncle agreed but if he's father was against it he will stop his training. His father was due to arrive 1 months later, so he begging to training a little before the return of his father. However his father never came back, nor his mother. He feared the worst, He and his uncle searched for them but they never found them. Fortunately the High Druid of the Vesve Forest, Tell him through magic that his parent were still alive but he didn't know where, and if he was still willing he could became a druid. He accepted the offer and 2 years after he became a very capable druid, though he still remembered the trick he learned as a Warrior. Now that he his stronger as ever He sweared that he will find his parent no matter what.

Animal Companion: Aegis, a Falcon he serves mainly as a scout.

Humm It's a rather classical story but still interesting no? Did I miss something?

PS: I didn't feel adding spell known and Aegis stats, lots work ya know?

Edit: Typo... ARRGH

[ November 09, 2003, 20:07: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

3. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@shura
    Playing what game, how? =)
    you woke the sleeping giant, now bear the outcome and explain :D

4. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Shura: Is this character supposed to be based on myself, or can it be anything? Example: I'm male, can i make a female char? And stuff like that.

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm just setting up a topic for people to post a level 10 D&D character based on themselves as an adventurer for the sheer heck of it. If anyone wants to take the characters here for their own PnP reference or bring it to RP corner, go ahead!

@ Xei Win Toh: It's your call.

I'll get to mine soon.

6. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

My call, eh? What's the closest (sub)race to Demon i can get? Tiefling?

7. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

This is my first attempt to create a character from scratch, so go ahead and check my math with this...

The Grey Magistrate

Lawful Good twentysomething human male

Rogue 5 / Cleric 5

STR: 8
    DEX: 10
    CON: 4
    INT: 16
    WIS: 18
    CHA: 18

HP: 45

Armor: None, and no AC bonus from Dexterity, so...
    AC: 10

Fortitude: 3 (+4 Cl, +2 Rg, -3 Con)
    Reflex: 5 (+1 Cl, +4 Rg, no Dex bonus)
    Will: 10 (+5 Cl, +1 Rg, +4 Wis)

Speaking skills:
    Bluff: 14 (10, +4 Cha)
    Diplomacy: 21 (13, +4 Cha, +2 Bluff, +2 Sense Motive)
    Gather Information: 14 (10, +4 Cha)
    Intimidate: 7 (1, +4 Cha, +2 Bluff)
    Sense Motive: 14 (10, +4 Wis)

Sneaking skills:
    Hide: 10 (no Dex bonus)
    Move Silently: 10 (no Dex bonus)
    Pick Lock: 10 (no Dex bonus)
    Sleight of Hand: 11 (9, no Dex bonus, +2 Bluff)

Miscellaneous skills:
    Listen: 14 (10, +4 Wis)
    Search: 8 (5, +3 Int)
    Spot: 9 (5, +4 Wis)
    Use Magic Device: 14 (10, +4 Cha)

Class feats: Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Trap Sense +1, Sneak Attack 3d6, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Armor Proficiency (Heavy)
    Selected feats: Combat Expertise, Improved Feint, Blind-Fight, Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Turning

Worships: The gods of the Copybook Headings
    Domains: Law and Destruction
    Spells: 4/3/2 (plus three domain spells)
    Turning: 7/day (3, +4 Cha), level 7 (5 Cl, +2 Improved Turning), cannot turn undead but turns chaotic creatures instead

Backstory:
    The nameless Grey Magistrate hails from the ruined port-city, the Most Serene Republic of Storm-Hawkins, where the clerics of the gods of the Copybook Headings provided official security for the ruling Lignes. During the civil war with the Strands of the Cord, much of the city was incinerated through the demonic treachery of a fallen paladin formerly of the Order of Broken Glass. How the Grey Magistrate survived the conflagration, and why he chose to leave instead of remaining to help rebuild the city, remains unclear.

[ November 12, 2003, 04:47: Message edited by: Grey Magistrate ]

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    CON 4? :eek:

I think it's error eh? 4 -3

9. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

OK, here's my second attempt...I tweaked the CON and CHA scores, adjusted the skillset, and changed the clerical details. I turn Chaotic Good now, Shura - do I qualify for your party?

The Grey Magistrate

Lawful Good twentysomething human male

Rogue 5 / Cleric 5

STR: 8
    DEX: 10
    CON: 6
    INT: 16
    WIS: 18
    CHA: 16

HP: 37

Armor: None, and no AC bonus from Dexterity, so...
    AC: 10

Fortitude: 4 (+4 Cl, +2 Rg, -2 Con)
    Reflex: 5 (+1 Cl, +4 Rg, no Dex bonus)
    Will: 10 (+5 Cl, +1 Rg, +4 Wis)

Speaking skills:
    Bluff: 13 (10, +3 Cha)
    Diplomacy: 20 (13, +3 Cha, +2 Bluff, +2 Sense Motive)
    Gather Information: 13 (10, +3 Cha)
    Intimidate: 6 (1, +3 Cha, +2 Bluff)
    Perform: 5 (2, +3 Cha)
    Sense Motive: 14 (10, +4 Wis)

Sneaking skills:
    Hide: 10 (10, no Dex bonus)
    Move Silently: 10 (10, no Dex bonus)
    Disable Device: 9 (6, +3 Int)
    Pick Lock: 10 (10, no Dex bonus)
    Sleight of Hand: 11 (9, no Dex bonus, +2 Bluff)

Miscellaneous skills:
    Listen: 14 (10, +4 Wis)
    Search: 5 (2, +3 Int)
    Spot: 6 (2, +4 Wis)
    Use Magic Device: 11 (8, +3 Cha)

Class feats: Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Trap Sense +1, Sneak Attack 3d6, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Armor Proficiency (Heavy)
    Selected feats: Combat Expertise, Improved Feint, Blind-Fight, Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Turning

Worships: The gods of the Copybook Headings

Domains: Law and Destruction

Spells: 4/3/2 (plus three domain spells: Level 1 "Protection from Chaos" or "Inflict Light Wounds"; level 2 "Calm Emotions" or "Inflict Moderate Wounds"; level 3 "Magic Circle Against Chaos" or "Inflict Serious Wounds")

Turning: 6/day (3, +3 Cha), level 6 (5 Cl, +1 Improved Turning), cannot turn undead but turns chaotic creatures instead (including chaotic good).

Spontaneous Casting: Level 1 casts "Protection from Chaos" rather than "Cure Light Wounds"; level 2 casts "Silence" rather than "Cure Moderate Wounds"; level 3 casts "Blindness/Deafness" rather than "Cure Serious Wounds".

Deity restrictions: Skill points may not be invested in Appraise; spells dealing with the undead may not be cast (e.g., "Detect Undead", "Hold Undead", and "Animate Undead"); spells which may be targeted at any creature but offer an added bonus against undead do not gain bonus (e.g., "Searing Light"); spells which incidentally aid undead do not do so (e.g., "Inflict Light Wounds, Mass"); the spells Raise Dead or Resurrection may not be cast.

Special: Divination spell effect "Detect Chaos", passive, always on. Cannot detect invisible chaotic creatures. Cannot detect psionically-shielded chaotic creatures.

Backstory:
    The nameless Grey Magistrate hails from the ruined port-city, the Most Serene Republic of Storm-Hawkins, where the clerics of the gods of the Copybook Headings provided official security for the ruling Lignes. During the civil war with the Strands of the Cord, much of the city was incinerated through the demonic treachery of a fallen paladin formerly of the Order of Broken Glass. How the Grey Magistrate survived the conflagration, and why he chose to leave instead of remaining to help rebuild the city, remains unclear.

[ November 15, 2003, 06:51: Message edited by: Grey Magistrate ]

10. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Dolgan "the Silverhammer" Tharlson
    Fighter 3
    Strength 16
    Dexterity 13
    Const 15 (+2)
    Intelligence 10
    Wisdom 10
    Charisma 8

Feats: Two Weapon Fighting (yep i know it has to be 15 Dex, but my stats were very poor, so my dungeon master made me a proposal to take it without the benefice)
    Exotic Weapon Focus: Dwarven Axe
    Ambidexterity
    My party broke up... :cry:

Scale Mail
    Dwarven waraxe
    Shield (for now)

11. Jaganis Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Dael Torent
    Chaotic Good Ranger of Selûne
    Forgotton Realms, Silver Marshes
    Ranger 8
    Str 15
    Dex 17
    Con 12
    Int 11
    Wis 13
    Cha 9
    Armor: Studded Leather
    Weapons: 2 Longsword

Dael lives in the Silver Marshes as a looner who hunts out the aflicted lycantrofes, with an age of 32 he still lives by himself, he is not fond of strangers, but will provide shelter if asked. He does not care for magic users, as his daughter was killed by a thayvian mage, he has no magic items at all, but he does use silver when hunting, it takes alot to get him impressed. He thinks that Paladins are good, they just doesnt know what sacrafies meens.

[ December 22, 2003, 13:37: Message edited by: Jaganis ]

12. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Chronos Xavier
    Lawful Good Draconic Elf Paladin of Bahamut
    Height: 2m10cm
    Weight: 77kg
    Hair: Silvery mohawk, 1 foot tall
    Skin: Pale, with silver sheen
    Fighter-3 Paladin-5
    HP: 56
    AC: 22 (+9 Full Plate +1, +2 Dex, +1 Natural(modified draconc template, see Draconomicon)
    Stats:
    Str: 16
    Dex: 16
    Con: 10
    Int: 14
    Wis: 12
    Cha: 18
    Saves:
    Fort: +11 (7 base, 4 Cha)
    Ref: +9 (2 base, 3 Dex, 4 Cha)
    Will: +9 (2 base, 1 Wis, 4 Cha, 2 Iron Will)
    Attacks (only with main weapon, a two-handed Pick): +13/+8 (+3 Fighter, +5 Paladin, +3 Str, +1 Magic weapon, +1 Weapon Focus)
    Damage: 1d10+5 Great Pick +1 force damage, double damage vs evil dragons.
    Skills: Diplomacy +18, Heal +10, Knowledge: Religion +6, Knowledge: Dragons +7, Search +6, Sense Motive +6, Spot +9
    Feats: Combat Expertise, Toughness, Weapon Focus: Great Pick, Skill Focus: Diplomacy, Iron Will

Story: The only living reature of his kind, he is descended directly from Bahamut. He is now out to build up his strength, so that he can one day, confront the emperor, of the Dragon Empire, and destroy him, and his evil compatriots.

(This character is used in a world which Jaganis and I have made... So some things might have to be changed for use in FR...)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.