1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

your current party

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Jesper898, May 13, 2003.

1. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

A mistake... I'll edit it right away... It's very pleasent picture when you give him the Hammer of Gloomfrost, who was forged by the dwarven smith in the mauntains - it's made only for dwarves... :) He starts to wield it with deadly accuracy, smashing heads everywhere... :)

That was till the first passethrough the game... After that I brought every single character till level 30 even the mage/thief to 30/30... There are some sort of potions which can increase your strenght or decrease your constitution... Something like that... Very nice... With my five godlike characters I feel really pleasent... Why don't make one or two more passethrough only to see if I can get all the items, which I couldn't... :)

2. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Just finnished the game with this party.

Elyl
    Male elf ranger using a bow and a longsword.

Keldaroth
    Male human fighter dualed classed to cleric at level two (he was a killing machine when he used the spell Entropy Shield and Protection from Evil AC -20) using a mace and a sling.

Elana
    Female half-elf conjurer (she killed Belhifet with a Finger of Death spell :eek: )

Gerep
    Male halfling fighter/thief using a short sword and a crossbow (killed Yxunomei)

Eowyn
    Female human bard using a dagger.

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sir Tirion - Paladin
    Kicks a** with Pale Justice.

Stygar - Cleric */ Fighter 3
    Three points in flails combined with Misery's Herald, and my cleric is a solid contributor to melee. From a roleplaying perspective, I have the guy as a neutral priest of Tempus to explain the fighter levels.

Alliria - Half-Elf Fighter/Druid
    My gaming experiences with beautiful Jaheira has permanently altered my psyche. Anyway, Fighter/Druids are still useful here in IWD, with an interesting mix of healing, offensive, and summoning spells. I just love how she's bedecked with Ilmadia's armor, shield, and then the Wailing of Virgins Cloak.

Valarian - Elf Fighter/Thief
    Awesome backstabber. With items like the Shimmering Sash, and the Rogue's Cowl, it's like he's wearing plate armor.

Mornakin - Gnome Fighter/Illusionist
    Stone-skinned tanker and secondary caster.

Emerson - Human Diviner
    Blast and blast away.

4. nesquik98 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

1. Human fighter- 18 str, 18 dex, 18 con, 9 wis, 3 int, 18 cha.

2. Dwarf fighter- 18 str 17 dex 19 con 18 wis 3 int 4 cha

3. Human fighter- 18 str 18 dex 18 con 18 wis 5 int 5 cha.

4. Dwarf Cleric/Fighter 18 str 16 dex 19 con 18 wis 3 int 2 cha

5. Elf Mage/Fighter 16 str 19 dex 17 con 18 int 9 cha

6. Halfling fighter/thief 17 str 19 dex 18 con 18 wis 3 int 3 cha

I am playing through on regular difficulty, but I am not going to use any missle weapons at all for the entire game, should be interesting. So far, however, it's been ridiculously easy.. in the Orc cave by easthaven, I esentially would just hit attack and watch them kill everything in the room.

A question: I sometimes hear people saying they are having difficulty with a 6 character party... this doesn't make sense to me... if people can solo, then wouldn't just about any 6 character party be easy breezy?

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

If you solo your PC gets up levels faster.
    With six characters it usually take a long time for them to get to a resonably level.
    I wouldn't say it's harder though...

6. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

With more than one character game is much easier, than playing with only one.

I'm soloing Female Elf Fighter/Cleric/Mage named Lia, and I use Insane difficulty this time (with Insane monsters deal double damage, but I also get double experience)

7. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31

Just started a new game with a new party:

Keldaroth
    Male Human Fighter2/Cleric*
    Mace, Sling and Shield

Selenin
    Female Human Fighter2/Druid*
    Scimitar, Sling and Shield

Averie
    Female Elf Fighter/Mage
    Great Sword and Bow

Silk
    Male Elf Mage/Thief
    Short Sword, Dagger and Short Bow

8. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

With more than one character, the game is elementary... :)

No need for me Insane didiculty... I always make more than one passthrough with every single character from the party... That's very challenging - you could equip your characters with all the powerenhancing items and increase/decrease potions which are on handy through out the game... :)

9. Maincarast'è Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My team of "one meter and a palm":

Male Dwarf Fighter (Axeman): Lumberjacker
    Male Dwarf Fighter/Cleric: Toro Sinful
    Male Dwarf Claric (rocks): Kura Bloodstream
    Female Gnome Fighter (the best!!): Cachito
    Female Gnome Mage (Illusionist): Ella LaPulga
    Male Gnome Thief (Really good): El LaPulga.

For those unfamiliar with spanish language, a couple of things:

"Kura" is almost "Cura" that means "Priest".
    "Cachito" means "piece", that little piece you hack off something :D .
    "Ella LaPulga" comes from "Ella Laraña", (That is how it is translated the spider-like monster that Frodo and Samsagaz had to deal with in The Lord of the Rings). In Spanish it sounds like "She, the Spider (araña=spider)". My character sounds like "She, the Flea (Pulga=Flea)". And so with "El Lapulga" (He, the Flea).

I think they are a funny party :D . "Short??, who dayya call short, wimp?"

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Does this mean scimitars present in IWD? I haven't noticed... is that a Luremaster thing?

11. diebysteel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Yes you can buy/find Scimitars in IWD without Trials of the Luremaster. You can buy normal ones at Pomab and most of the other merchants, and there are also some magical scimitars in the game (iirc you can find the +3 one that drizzt wields, but i don't know the english name).

12. Wizard Tower Gems: 1/31

Right now I am on the Burial Isle in HoW with:

12th level CG Dwarven Fighter
    11th level LG Human Paladin
    11th level NG Elven Ranger
    13th level CG Human Cleric
    13th level NG Elven Mage
    15th level TN Human Thief

I plan to multi-class the Paladin, Cleric, and Thief eventually.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    FYI:
    I beleive that the scimitar Drizzt carries is Iceingdeath, but I am not 100% sure on that one...been a while. The other one is definately Twinkle, but if it is in the game then I haven't run across it yet.

13. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Using Dalekeeper huh?
    Else Paladins cant be multi/dual cast.
    Best dual cast for me was my Fighter[9]/Druid[x]
    At insane he became a Fighter[9] during the fight with Yuxnoimei. By the time I left The Severed Hand his Fighter levels were reactivated. What a tank.

I believe we get IcingDeath but not Twinkle. Didnt come across that one.

14. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I think there's only +3 Frostbrand scimitar in IWD (at least I didn't found other scimitars that could match Drizzt's scimitars some way)

And as I told in another thread, I'm currently soloing with LG Female Elven Fighter, who uses great swords and longbows (still in orc cave, Heart of Fury is damn hard)

15. Mister Rogue Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My current party (Just finished HoW)

Dwarf NG Fighter L.20 w/Blood of the Gloomfrost and some godlike +5 crossbow from Dorn's Deep

Halfling CG Cleric L.22 w/Sceptre of Tyranny and Jamison's sling

Elf CN Mage L.18 w/Spinesheath and a stupid +1 sling

I have managed to get my dwarf "double hasted" permanently with boots of speed and some belt in Dorn's Deep somewhere (maybe random item) I didn't get it first time round- You should have seen him against Icasaracht :D :eek: :D :eek:

16. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

i haven't played IWD for a while so here is all i remember.....
    ME- (can't remember 1st part of name)...the Bladesinger..Elven Ranger,dual weilding longswords and has a longbow

Khaar the Bloody...Dwarf Fighter,dual weilding axes with plate mail +?

Lia of the Hand-Femal Mage.....Presio's(spelling) Robe,Presio's Dagger

Frodo-Halfling Theif,short bow, short sword magical leather armor

Elmia-human female fighter/mage,dual weilding short swords,some mage robe, magical staff

that's all i remember

17. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Newest, and so far best ever.

Tormus - Human Paladin; main tank and party leader
    Rainne - Half-Elf Ranger Cleric; 2nd tank, main healer
    Liomere - Elf Fighter; Specializing in Bows, backup tank
    Myrus - Human dual-class fighter 2/druid x; awesome offensive spells, healing and backup tank
    Kylee Trapspringer - Gnomish Illusionist/Thief; best mage character ever
    Syvona - Half-Elf Bard; tons of options, secondary spellcaster, interesting songs

This may indeed be the ultimate power party for Icewind Dale.

18. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

My latest creation:

Elven Fighter/Rouge
    Elven Fighter/Mage

Healing is for whimps, you might aswell rest for a few weeks every now and then :D

19. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Been playing again recently with this party...

1. Human Paladin
    2. Human Fighter
    3. Half-Elf Cleric
    4. Halfling Fighter/Thief
    5. Human Mage
    6. Half-Elf Bard

... a bit munchkin, but good fun.

20. Halberd-Blue Gems: 1/31

Just beat the game for the first time with

Hieronymus von-Remus Male Human Paladin
    Bequin Barkclad Female Dwarf Fighter/Rogue
    Beinu Female Half-Elf Druid
    Irovati Daelrod Male Half-Elf Bard
    Irrik-Endil Male Gnome Illusionist

Though the battle against belhifet was screwed up, everyone but the bard was dead when belhifet was almost dead, and then he had the speed boots so I just ran around arrowing him to death...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.