1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Country Sucks

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Methylviolet, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Shralp, that was not a fake, i saw it on TV :p.
    And i don't believe you about gun crimes going up, show me some figures like you did with the street vandals and i'll believe you. All i know is, that i couldn't bear to walk down the street knowing that anyone of the peoople i see could pull a gun out and shoot up the place.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Jesus Z, if you really believe that, you have an extremely warped perception of America vs. your country. What you said above is the same as if I said "I couldn't bear to walk down the street in London knowing that any one of the people I see could be a football hooligan and beat the crap out of me because I don't like football."

And take a look at this:

" London has become like New York at its worst, say police"

In a pub in the south London suburb of Croydon on Saturday evening ". . . two men picked out their targets . . . shot one in the head and the other in the chest and stabbed a third man. . . . The attack happened the day after a chase through Wandsworth (south London) in which gunmen in an Audi sprayed a Ford Mondeo with bullets from a Uzi submachine gun. . . . That came after a series of violent carjackings executed with increasing ferocity. . . . Street crime in London has grown by 55 percent in the 12 months to November last year. . . . Londoners are now six times more likely to be robbed or attacked than New Yorkers. "
    Independent, February 2002

London is worse that New York! And you're afraid to walk down the street anywhere in America? What a joke.

3. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

BTA, we're talking soth London here. South and East London are the roughest places in the whole country. It's just London that's like this then it seems. All the normal towns seem serious crime free.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Z - So you think all of the USA is crime ridden and gun infested? It's exactly the same. SOME places in the US are more dangerous than others.

I live in Los Angeles and have NEVER been witness to a violent crime. Of course they're happening in parts of LA, and I read about them in the newspaper, but that's a far cry from being afraid to walk down my streets.

5. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

6. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Erm...BTA? If you walked around in London, and shouted out "I hate football", then trust me; You'd be lying face-down on the ground within 10 seconds.
    :)
    Truly, I agree with you though, Crime is a disgrace in this country, I hate it so, and as soon as I turn 18, i'll be moving back to ol' Sweden.
    The UK sucks, i've only ever been to Orlando in FA (florida?), so I can't really comment on the U.S.
    Let's stop the US/UK debate, it's pointless. The US is 15 times bigger and is always going to win. :p

Edit: On a note to Z-Layrex, have you ever been outside your home to a town/city? I live in Southern England, near Reading. Nearest town for me is Basingstoke. Through living here for 2 years, i've been taken to hospital once because of serious assualt, and got 3 youths arrested. I've been mugged/attacecked several times in the Town Centre, and i've had numerous wallets, phones, and lots of cash stolen. Now you tell me that Outside Cities It Is Crime Free?
    The Bus stop outside my house has stopped being repaired because the windows will always be smashed the day after. There isn't a 'whole' phonebox or postbox in the area, they're all ruined. People don't walk on the streets here. And I live in a 'Good' area by the way.
    Edit End.

[This message has been edited by Gopher (edited July 22, 2002).]

7. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Gopher, I have no idea what you're talking about. Why move back to Sweden!? You DO know that it's getting poorer and not richer like the rest of Europe don't you!? And i have NEVER and i mean NEVER been a victim of crime. I can tell you, you don't know how lucky you are to live in the UK Gopher, One of the 3 wealthiest European Nations and you still moan. I know there's alot of crime here, but i'd still be proud of my country even if it was in total economic decline and was burning to the ground. And why the hell would i think the USA is a huge nation of crime!!!??? When the hell did i EVER say that BTA!? I said there was LESS street crime because of a large amount of policemen. I just said i hate the way you are allowed to own handguns. I'd go to places like CA and Florida anytime. I just wouldn't want to live there.

8. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    If that (along with what you put in previous posts) doesn't imply you think you should be afraid to walk down any street in the US for fear of getting shot, I'm afraid your English in not understandable by me...

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 22, 2002).]

9. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Z-Layrex, i think you really do have a problem seeing things here. Why would I want to go BACK to Sweden? Well because I have my dad over there, my granparents, and the rest of my bloody family. What you're implying is that I shouldn't go back to my home country, to live with my family, because It's a poor country that's not up to par with the UK?
    I think that's stupid as well as immature. So what if Sweden's not the richest country? I've never seen people dying in Hospital corridors, because of a Cold over there! :flaming: England's National Health Service is a mess, the police is a mess. And at the moment the police aren't even sure how to lay down the law (see: cannabis/spliffs).
    :flaming:WTF!? I'm not moaning Z, imm simply saying! I've been attacked over here in the UK, in middle of Town, something that's never happened to me in Sweden. And i'm moaning? Don't talk to me like i'm some f*cking immigrant Z! I've lived in England for roughly half my life, my stepdad of 12 years is English, from North London IIRC. I know what living in England is like and quite obviously you don't Z. How can I be proud of a country that degrades and abuses it's public?

No thanks, I'd rather go back to poor, economically declinging Sweden, you moron.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I haven't been a victim of crime, but have got classmates in trouble with the police before from bullying.

And being in England we tend to only get the bad news from America. I know the NHS is bad believe me - I have to go in at least once a week. Several of my friends parents are policemen, people don't want to be policemen because it is not 'fashionable' to be one at the moment, with more policemen dropping out people will take advantage of it and more crime will happen, more policemen go and others don't join thinking it's a sh*te job (which it is basically) and it is a downward spiral.

The North is mostly worse than the South, but where I am there where three murders in the few weeks.

I'm not turning on England and am still proud to be in this country (family pride) though you have to face reality sometimes and realise how bad things are, you gotta know when to back down

11. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

First off, Gopher, there was no need to resort to petty name calling now is there? And you call me the immature :lol:.

Secondly, I would like to appologize if i did insult you, after seeeing it your way, i do agree that if your family is there, then it's better if you're there too.

What i don't get is am i the only British person who actually LIKES living here anymore!? I mean, i know certain things have got worse with Labour, especially in the countryside as poodle explained. How the F&M epidemic span out of control when the government could have done more sooner. But I live in a town and i have noticed many, many improvments (though still many, many problems).
    For one lets face i, there is ALOT more money coming into Britain for a start, but alas, a large portion of this income is being used on pointlesss progects when it could be put towards, the NHS, Agricultural Industry, and crime fighting. I do want a Conservative government in the future, but not when it's being led by Ian Duncan Smith. He seems like a smart man, but there's this look about him i don't like, but then again, you should never judge a book by it's cover. They've built this new city hall for London...WHAT A FREAKIN WASTE OF MONEY!!! It dosn't even look very good!
    I go to a school that was going under with a conservative government, but now we have electronic whiteboards in every other room, the school's cleaner, and there's more Teachers.
    Gopher i am not implying anything here, but are you sure that you didn't in some way intentionally or accidentaly, provoke the attck. I have never had a single bit of trouble, for no reason, yes i have got into fights, but that's just as much my fault as the other persons.
    Again, sorry for offending you personally, i mereley was trying to insult Sweden, which after all, insulting other people's countrys is the whole point of this topic.

12. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

What I hate is the Elbonians. Stupid Elbonia. Stupid Elbonians.

13. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

[​IMG]
    Yeah! All that living in mud nonsense. Serves them right if they get bitten by mud weasels.

14. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Right! Jeez, you guys. Pissing people off is the *point* here. Someone gets pissed you don't go, "gee, so sorry," -- you go, "YEAH, in your face, Sweden! Your country SUCKS!"

Got it?

Because Sweden may suck. But England cannot possibly suck. No, England rocks.

A PARTIAL LIST OF THE REASONS ENGLAND CANNOT SUCK
    1. Critical Miss is from England.
    2. English is from England.
    3. Charles Darwin is on the English ten poiund note.
    4. English people eat beans and french fries for breakfast.
    5. Ghandi's tactics worked on the English -- most nations would have just shot him.
    6. Royalty is a prinicipal export for England.
    Add your own...

15. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

7. England is Americas bulldog. :p

16. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Heheh, no problem Z. But England still sucks!
    And I'm merely insulting England, even if it is my country! :p
    Well, the one on you I did, that's what the topic is about right? :p

And so, anyway: ever been to Norway? Oh my god Norway SUCKS....

17. Xandar Dae'Ithil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Let's just say, the whole world sucks.

18. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

[​IMG] Gopher, i only presumed that i had peraonally insulted you because you called me a moron.

Ok, i've really dissed the USA and Canada so now i'll say something nice :D.

USA:
    Vastly wealthy, and it shows ;)
    All the buildings are so BIG :lol:
    It's very tourist friendly.
    Drive on the right...i dunno what's so cool but i like it! ;)
    Automatic cars, niiiiicccceeeee
    Home to FOX.

Canada:
    Propably the best countryside in the world.
    People are quite nice.
    Gotta love their flag.
    I know their national anthem better than Britain's. :roll:

19. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Let us agree on this:

France sucks. Sucks sucks sucks.

If every oyster in the world had the word "sucks" written on the inside, and the ocean were covered with oysters, and everyone who has ever lived ate oysters three meals a day, they would still never uncover enough "sucks" to properly describe the way France sucks.

20. Eze&Sharkie Guest

[​IMG] Xandar, you are right. Our world simply SUCKS. Other worlds do not. Oh, I want desperately to be transported to Middle-Earth with you guys and your computers and 4000 NWN, IWD, The Sims, M&M VI-VIII, BG, BG2 games. And Bioware/Black Isle making more games for us. Also with a tower of cheeseburgers. That would be so totally cool. Then everybody would faint of shock, cause they see others LIVE. That would be so
    totally cool. LOOLL.:lol:

*gets dragged away by merry men in white coats*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.