1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Country Sucks

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Methylviolet, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Top three countries that suck: USA, England, Afghanistan. Being croatian I naturally think Ireland RULES. Norway and Scotland are ok, and Czech Republic also. But USA and England really SUCK. English have at least one good side; they're crazy about football. As for the USA... How can they meddle everywhere and on top of that they don't know jack about football.
    And why is it American football and soccer? In NFL you see maybe 3 or 4 kicks in a game. And it is FOOTball, right? And European football was created waaaaay before.

2. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

SG, please get it into your pretty little head, that I AM NOT BLEEDING AMERICAN! Also, it's very funy to watch you rant, see what i mean when i say Canadians are smug...? :rolleyes: Go pet a moose....ya'll.... :happy:

Corr Raven, we don't really count England as a single country anymore, we count the UK as one nation, so i'd say that you have a problem with all of it as Scotland is no different to England, it is the exact same people living there. Oh, and Croatia's hardly a nice place to live is it... :hahaerr:

[This message has been edited by Z-Layrex (edited July 13, 2002).]

3. MaxxQ Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Shadow Goddess - Rush ROCKS!!!! (and also happens to be Canada's best non-alcohol export) Also Triumph, Tragically Hip, BTO, and Neil Young.

I could do without Celine Dion and Anne Murray, though.

I know this is a country-bashing thread, but I can't rag on a country unless I've experienced it. I've been to Canada a few times, lived in England for three years, and was in Turkey for a few weeks. I have nothing bad to say about any of them.

4. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Since that's the only comment on my humble little country, I assume Belgium is the best place to live.. :D :p

5. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Belgiam kicks ass Uytuun! You have that sissy language but still manage not to go camp like thge French, and yes your chocolate does kick ass. :roll:

6. Oblate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I don't know any better country than the one i'm living in, otherwise i would emigrate.
    though i'm not eating sausages ;).
    The germans aren't similar to austrians. Even Bavaria is a place where i couldn't live, because they don't talk german. So i have to say Ruhrgebiet is the right country for me.
    Let's have a free Ruhrgebiet. :roll:
    And yes i don't want to be american in any way. I even try to talk german-english. And an english slang for every country that's the future. Think about frenchenglish :roll:
    And there are some other nice countries though i don't want to live in them(Italia, GB/Norge/Sverige). And even Austria has nice Alpen. I'm a fan of europe and many of my friends are illegal immigrants. Yeah

7. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Singapore sucks. Big time.

Country of slavery and hypocrisy. A few nukes here would do this place a lot of good.

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Uytuun...I have one thing to add to your list: The HOTTEST women in the world!!! Been there once...defenitly coming back! :rolling:

9. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Shadow Goddess, I'm talking about Rush, Triumph, Bryan Adams, Tragically Hip, BTO, Celine Dion, Shania Twain, Anne Murray, and *Alanis Morrisette*. Also *Todd Rundgren* is Canadian, isn't he? (Eeew, MaxxQ!)

Neil Young, Margaret Atwood, and this cool biologist named Steve may be the only reason the whole country doesn't implode from its massive mediocrity. Canada sucks.

Ireland also sucks. Ireland is the Mexico of Europe - only with boring food, ugly men and Catholicism that everyone professes but no one believes. It's like the Masai Mara Game Reserve -- only without animals or trees.

Mexico doesn't suck -- I only wish there were *more* Mexicans in California.

10. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Heh heh. I'll bet Mexicans over in the US are like Indian's here, they do all the shi**y jobs no-one else wants to do. Oh, and violet, Ireland is really nice in some places, but then again the towns are just generally poor. But the coast and countryside is great.

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't think any country sucks.

I think people form a certain countries suck - because of their deliberate ignorance on other countries. Not to mention forcing ways of life to totally different cultures (free weapon carrying on the streets - it's perhaps your prime motto, but in my country it's is considered as abnormal behavior ready to be sanctioned in specific hospitals).

So, I will love your lakes, trees, mountains, animals, even air! But I'm unsure I'll like your behavior.

12. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Egypt - Ooh, you have sandy old statues, arn't you amazing.

Poland - Jesus christ what a horrible country.

Denmark - think they're good at football when they SUCK!

Norway - Fishing, fishing and more fishing.

Finland - No you are NOT the greatest country in Europe.

Sri Lanka - Hah hah...um...you didn't invent curry.

Argentina - I'm gonna watch you BURN! :evil:

13. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] All of your countries suck.

14. Morkai Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I agree 99% with Extremeist on this one.

and on another note Canada does not suck, and we have a lower crime rate, and a city voted best to live in in the entire world that city is Edmonton

15. total Guest

I don't need anyone to tell me that my country sucks! I know it allready!

Edit: Extremist - our goverment is bad and the opposition is worse so maybe it is not so bad as it could be :)!

[This message has been edited by total (edited July 15, 2002).]

16. zaknafein Guest

Come on Extremist, you may be right but its fun to bash other countries.

17. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Actually, Ex, I seem to remember you saying on numerous occasions that you hate America but not Americans. Now you're reversing your position?

18. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've never said such thing Shralp!
    I do remember telling you that if I could I would visit mount Shasta for it's specifics. That never included visiting some people around it. Sorry about that. Change the people, not the countryside. Or in another words, resurrect civilizations wiped out.

19. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

When will you learn, America is all from argentina to canada, Usa is the backward country between mexico and canada.

Don't like Usa to be so damn imperialistic, getting involved with thinks they should not, and always be so damn arogant and naïve.
    You really don't own the world, and you realy don't need to demonstrate your great strenght, just because your the only superpower left. You are a people just like anyone else, and your a country just like all other, don't try to be any more.

20. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Turandil, i do agree with you on some part. I do hate it how the USA tends to think that they are 'above' the rest of the world. Ah well. As the US economy gets worse the rest of the world gets better, never should have chosen that half-bald dimwit old fart as a president i say. :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.