1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your class first time through?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by spetznaz, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Wizard Slayer, Dual weilding Katanas and Long Swords.
    After I found out he could not use potions and Jaheira used up her healing potions he died in Irenicus' dungeon.

Kensai/Mage made it through the game.
    Now I'll try a HalfOrc Wizard Slayer using Halberds.

2. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

A paladin simple, equipped with longsword and shield. I remember finding plenty of pretty good weapons, but no real good longsword.

3. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

first time I found BlackRazor... was with Bert... I thought a +4 shortsword was better than that +3 Long Sword that steals 2 levels regens you 20 hp and increases your strength by 3 by a % chance everyhit..., NOT to mention it also hastes you by that same % :mad:

4. Lutheo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

Half-elf Ranger. I was with Minsc, Jaheira, Keldorn, Aerie and Nalia. It was the first time ever playing a D&D type game and I'm surprised I got through.

5. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

A lawful good dwarven kensai goofing around with axes.
    Azureedge actually packs quite a whallop!
    Cant remember the NPC's though, but i'm sure i brought Minsc! Love that guy! And i can faintly remember that Jan Jansen was in the team. Can't remember the rest though..

6. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

A straight human fighter with full points in axes and eventualy sword and shield. Brought through BGI so he was pumped. :tie:

Sigh. Computer crashed just before I could take on the final big bad in ToB. Think I could have won. :heh:

7. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

An undead hunter!

Kinda heard that there are plenty of those guys in the game and didnt think twice.

The undead hunter was great against the foes of the living but, as it wore on, its only the Carsomyr or bust. And the rest is history...

8. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

A female human swashbuckler.

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Male dwarven beserker with axes. I initially had Minsc, Jaheira, Keldorn, Nalia and Yoshimo, but I replaced Jaheira with Anomen and obviously I got duped and lost Yoshi, so he was replaced with Imoen.

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lawful good monk with Aerie, Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen and Keldorn.

11. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Solo Elven Chaotic Good Sorceress until I met Haer'Dalis, and very slowly I accumulated:

Keldorn
    Aerie
    Jaheira
    Imoen

This party BARELY killed Irenicus, and I evenutally gave up on the expansion. Too much magic, not enough muscle.

12. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

At my first shot at the game, I took a cleric of Lathander. Why? Because clerics have no disadvantages, and at the time I thought that was a good thing. He never did get through the game... stopped at chapter 2 I think. I think his teammates were Minsc, Yoshimo, Jaheira, Aerie and Keldorn.

My first successful time through, I created all 6 party members, led by an Undead Hunter. IIRC there was also a barbarian, a monk, a swashbuckler, a cleric, a mage, and a pure ranger. Why create all six? Because that's how the old Gold Box D&D games were played - the party expands up to eight (2 NPC's max). I kicked out the monk when Imoen came back, when I realized she seems somewhat important to the plot. ;)

13. people person-i eat people Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

i dont remember what alignment and stats ect.... of my first character, but i do remember reading most of the kit descriptions before deciding on a barbarian because he sounded soo powerful, then i didnt like how he couldnt wear good armor, so i chose a berserker, got boring, and finally i chose an interesting first pick, the sneak,stealthy and very kool MONK!

14. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Paladin lvl 8 (I think), changed to Inquisitor for BG2. I took Minsc, Jaheira, Aerie, Mazzy, and Nalia > Imoen. I didn't know about THAT sword so I specialized in longswords, axes and warhammers so I could use a shield. Used Blade of Roses, Daystar, Azuredge and the warhammer(s) with electrical damage. Stuck with that mostly even after finding Carsomyr. Lilarcor for Minsc, of course. Also the Elven Court bow and the Mace of Disruption. Blackblood, Belm, and the Sling of Seeking for Jaheira. Aerie got the Mauler's Arm and a sling (can't remember which). Mazzy: her short sword and others, Tansheron's bow/ Gesen bow when I got it, and the flail of ages. Nalia/Imoen: Tuigan Bow +1/Tansheron's bow, various short swords and staffs, eventually Staff of the Magi.

I can't believe I remember this stuff.

15. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Elven Fighter/Mage with Imoen, Jaheira, Viconia, Korgan and Edwin along for the ride. I was pretty much feeling my way through BG2 for the first time, so I didn't know much about it or AD&D etc. But I managed to kick Irenicus' ass (after about 30 reloads) when I suddenly realized that Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting was actually a party friendly spell! (D-oh!!)

16. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

In BGII: True Neutral (I think..) Mage (as always :rolleyes: )

17. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Elven CN Fighter wearing Crimson Chain by the end and dual weilding Adjatha The Drinker and Dragon Slayer. My party consisted of Minsc, Jaheira, Aerie, Cernd and Yoshi/Imoen.

By the end of the game he was a kick ass fighter, but he couldn't hold his own against the NG Barbarian I used later or the Avenger/Great Druid I'm using now.

18. Algarion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Human Sorcerer traveling with Minsc, Valgyar, Viconia, Jan and Immy

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.