1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your class first time through?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by spetznaz, Feb 15, 2004.

1. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] What race, alignment, class (sub-class), weapon, npc's etc. did you play as your first time through, and why?

2. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

This was a very long time ago, but I'm certain it was a human Cleric of Lathander, lawful good. My NPCs were Nalia, Aerie, Minsc, Jaheira, and I'm not sure about the other.

3. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

He was paladin level 7 from Baldur's Gate 1, imported with 20 Strength, Dexterity and Constitution as well as 16 Wisdom and 17 Charisma and 5 Intelligence (who cares..? well, later in BG 2 I cared much for the Illithids and Mind Flayers... :( ). He was my first protagonist and my dearest and most precious one. He succeeded turning Viconia on good side... :) He is a powerful warrior. I think that after ToB my stats were like that: Str 21, Dex 21, Const 22, Int 7, Wis 18, Cha 18.. I gotta take a look at his stats again...

4. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Dwarven Barbarian who used warhammers. He travelled with Minsc, Jaheira, Aerie, Jan Janssen and Nalia if I remember correctly.

He was one tough mofo ;)

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Cavalier. As always ;)

But that one was dual-wielding interchangeably with swinging the 2H Carsomyr.

6. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I can never clearly remember - I think it may have been an Invoker, but i cannot be sure - it was at least the second.

7. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

My first was a Cavalier aswell. Travelling with Minsc (cant live without him), Jaheira, Yoshimo (for a while atleast), Aerie and Imoen. When Yoshimo took his turn, I got Valygar instead.
    Not very Cavalary (if that´s a word) but I dualwielded longswords. Why? Well, I could :D

The most fun I ever had.

8. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Gnome Illusionist from BG1. Was fun! Always made his Saving Throw, often at 0.

9. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Plain Fighter.

10. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I too was a Cavalier, with Yoshi/Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira, Aerie and I think Valygar (who was booted at a certain point).

He was my BG1 character, which is why he was first. Though I did regret no having any 2H sword points.

11. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I think I played a pure fighter although as I'd never played a game like this before and wasn't very familiar with the rules, I just took the first set of stats I got (I think I had a strength of 13) and went ahead with that. Still managed to finish the game but it took weeks, if not months.

NPCs were Minsc, Edwin, Nalia, Anomen, Yoshimo (until Spellhold) and Aerie.

12. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Why does everyone play with all the good ones - Aerie, Imoen, Minsc, Jaheria, Anomen. Personally, I played a chaotic neutral Skald using short bows long/shortswords with Edwin, Korgan, Viconia, Jansen, Anomen. Much funnier playing evil ;)

13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My first run through was an imported fighter from BG1, I then made a full MP party of NPC's to bring a long. That party wasnt all that good to be honest.

14. Magic Snack Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My first time was a NG half-elf sorcerer with Jahiera, Minsc, Aerie, Anomen, and Yoshimo until I got Imoen back.

THe game was a blast, except for the fact that I didn't really know how to play a sorcerer so I spent lots of spells on summons.

15. Laches Gems: 19/31

Archer.

16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Swashbuckler, dualled to a fighter.

17. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Solo F/M/T, but it got boring right after I slaughtered Firkraag, so I started over again....

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Wizard-Slayer, suprised??

:D

19. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31

Media:
    An Elven NG Sorcerer.

20. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Human Fighter, (plain fighter), I had Imoen/Minsc/Jaheira/Viconia/Aerie I believe, I used armor of the heart, helm of balduran, +4 Cuthroat, Fortress shield, and his name was Bert.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.