1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your character's theme song?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Benan, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Is it a ruckus of heavy guitars and double kick bass? Or is it a little gentlers along Stairway to Heaven lines.

My guys is Tiny Teddy by The Headstones, just a blast of adrenaline.

[ December 20, 2003, 12:52: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Writhe in Pain. Metal and harpsichord from Guilty Gear X2. For all the Wild Mage, Haer, Keld and Edwin parties.

3. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

When playing an evil PC -- such as my neutral evil male half-elven bard Voltaire -- my theme song is "Being Evil" (or is it "When You're Evil") by, who else, Voltaire?! An excerpt:

"I pledge my allegiance
    To all things dark and dire
    Promise on my cursed soul
    To do as I am told
    Lord Demogorgon's never seen
    A soldier quite like me
    Who not only does his job
    But does it happily."

Okay, so I'm paraphrasing a bit to adapt it to the Bhaalspawn saga, etc. ;) Some day, maybe I'll finish carrying out my idea of turning him into a romanceable NPC, someone who accompanies the Bhaalspawn because he desires the knowledge and the experience such an opportunity offers -- dark knowledge, dark opportunities. :evil:

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I've picked out tunes that remind me of certain characters I've played from the IE games - PS:T the BGs(Baldurs' Gates, not literally the BeeGees) and the IWDs

I have them on a songlist that I play through sometimes when I'm bored and have nothing else to listen to.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmm, interesting topic.

I've never really though about it before, but the first one that came to mind is Ride of the Valkyries.

6. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31

Probably som choir or the like for my Paladin, reaching its crescendo when i kick Demogorgon alone... :eek:

7. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

"Warrior" by Wishbone Ash

I had to be a warrior
    A slave I could not be
    A soldier and a conqueror
    Fighting to be free

or "Pilgrim" by Uriah Heep

Just a man in my prime
    Love was there
    But i had no time
    I was cheered and adored
    And i thought fame
    Was all the world

Battles won and victory cheers
    Were the sounds
    I'd heard for years
    But the woman i really loved
    Was losing me
    To all this blood

I only knew i had to win
    And build a world
    Where i was king
    But leaders come and leaders go
    And that's the truth
    I came to know

Love or war i couldn't choose
    And so both
    I had to lose

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ride of the Valkyries would be good but I think I would go with Mars, The Bringer of War by Gustav Holst.

9. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31

My true neutral male elven fighter's theme song is "Dragons and Fables" by Hawkwind.

"I am the child of wars never won
    Take heed prisoner I am the one
    Your battle's over before it's begun
    For a child on the run I am free

Many tournaments fought in this land
    Flying banners now dashed in the sand
    The colors you wear will not keep me

The courts and knights of the table
    Bold stories of dragons and fables
    Your sword is redstained, I can see

Silks, satins, riches in plenty
    Acres of land, four and twenty
    I AM NOT YOU, I AM ME
    For a child on the run I am free."

10. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Basil Poledouris - Orgy (from Conan the Barbarian movie)
    Guano Apes - Scratch the Pitch
    I was listening to the latter for whole four hours, when I was trying to kill Demogorgon...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.