1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your avatar

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Compulsive Dementia, Apr 27, 2003.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Not true. Apparently there's more mercy than reason in me, seeing what usually happens next :rolleyes:

Arabwel, the cleavage of your avatar brings rejoice and rejuvenation to SPer's tired eyes :D

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I chose it becouse i like forest very much and this looks most like it. Treant i think.

Thats why i'm a tree-hugger every time i play a game if its possible.

3. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I have to wonder, is it possible to import a picture of your own to use as an avatar? I have loads that would suit well, but I'm always wondering. Plus, I still have to do something worthwhile...

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    As far as I know it is not possible. When you have earned an avitar, Tal will send you a link of available avitars/portraits for you to choose from. :rolling:

5. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

me
    hmmm....why does our avatars look identical?

Jack Funk
    teekc,

You are (I believe) the burning man (or Ignus) from PST. I am a fire elemental (from BG2 I think). I picked mine because when I was 7 I (accidentally) lit myself on fire playing with matches. No kidding.

me
    i picked this because i learnt that my long lost half brother (accidentally) lit himself on fire playing with matches when he was 7? Could it be..

6. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I picked this because i am big and Adamantite Golems are big.

The line is about me being a weirdo around here, and it's cold in here.

@Teekc
    That avatar is Ignus, and Jack Funk has the Fire Elemental avatar (i think).

7. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I used to have teekc's avatar with the tag-line "One Hot Cleric". That was back in my lusty days, when comments about cleavage would have been more common. Now I hardly notice (mostly because I need a 17" plasma monitor, this little thing doesn't do your cleavage justice Ara ;) )

I had originally been slotted to get the portrait from IWD2, with the Cleric/Paladin standing on the hilltop, in full armor, book in hand, and the wind streaming through his beard. Then Tal told me he could only get the face, and I would end up just looking like an old man.

When I loaded NWN, I saw my avatar and chose it for my character. It looks nothing like me, except for something in the eyes. I like him because he looks determined, like he would battle any demon (inner-demons included), or risk any danger in the pursuit of holiness.

As to the new tag-line. I did a search for the word "sword" in the Bible, and ran across this obscure text. I think its the perfect sentiment to the sort of paladin/cleric that I would be.

8. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm waiting for Faragon to come out and explain his avatar and title. :)

9. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well gosh. Now I have expectations to live up to. :p

It's not a secret that I like dwarves. More than any other race. I like how they are sturdy, stubborn, fierce and proud race. And with that comes a good amount of distrust towards elves :D So when I got to choose an avatar, there was little doubt that it was going to be a dwarf. I liked this one best, and because of the arrows sticking out of his helmet and shield, the title seemed appropriate. I formed the whole thing after a character concept I have prepared for a future RP campaign.

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I started by looking for an avatar that wasn't blonde. ;) I also wanted a battle-maiden rather than a priestess or sorceress. While my hair isn't that long anymore, it was the ponytail that sold me on the portrait I chose.

As for my text, it comes from "Bored of the Rings;" specifically, the parody of the poem about Tinuviel that Galadriel tells in Lorien.

11. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I've been at these forum for 2 and a half years, so I needed something overaged. The title is originally stolen from Creeping Feature, which you'll find lurking around somewhere below the deserts surrounding Lut Golein.

[ April 28, 2003, 16:00: Message edited by: Mollusken ]

12. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] This just looks exactly like me. Plus I loved Morte in the game, a wonderfully deep and complex charcater who is often overlooked as mere comic relief.

13. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Anything inhuman works for me. Plus, when I got it, there weren't any dragons, so this was the closest I could get.

Teekc: You got them mixed up. Jack has the Fire Elemental and you have Ignus.

[ May 07, 2003, 23:30: Message edited by: Tarol'azh, a.k.a.Tobias ]

14. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Morte seems to a very apt name for the avatar slappy. Morte is death in french. Thus the name of the Terry pratchet book, Mort.

It is a real pity that you are unable to import your own pictures ala BG2. I really do have some crackers that I'd like to use. Again, if I do anything worthy of an avatar.

15. Shura Gems: 25/31

[​IMG] It's the only asian looking avatar available!

But seriously, I chose this avatar for my character in Neverwinter Nights, a sinister and mysterious warrior from the east. It also suits my concept of Shura the swordsman from Creativity Surge the most. Intelligent, brooding and unhesitant to kill upon the slightest provocation. My RPG characters have always been dexterity based fighters with a serious lack of morality and a penchant for psychotic violence.

As for my quote, well...if I had to have a religion, I would worship the concept of Chaos or a deity that exhorted chaos and disorder. And few people would consider my mental state stable in anyway... ;)

16. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] You read what my long lost half brother said!

17. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

This beast just caught my eye, and since I didn't like the look of any of the NWN portraits left, I took it. Mind you, I do like look of those IWD2 portraits...
    The quote is the last words written on Kurt Cobain's suicide note.

18. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm a lawyer, this is the Advocate from Planescape:Torment, and I didn't see anything else that really caught my eye. The slogan is sort of my personal belief in that I find that those who yell and carry on tend to get less accomplished than those who speak reasonably (and softly) and are well prepared (i.e., carrying a big briefcase). Plus, I always liked Teddy Roosevelt's quote.

19. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    I saw the portraits when I first played NWN and I immediately liked this one.

It also resembles me in a strange way (except for the skin colour that is) And I just dig the spikes and the whole mysterious/weird look.

20. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I for one am waiting in anticipation of ArtEChoke. His has to be my favorite of anyone here.

(Though all of you are just ducky, too ;) )

[edit - hey lookie...I just got a new jewel! Yeeha. :roll: ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.