1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You think you know someone...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Silvery, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    We all make assumptions about people based on how they look.
    I'm blonde with huge knockers so people think I'm a bimbo when I'm actually (believe it or not) quite an intelligent person. I'm also fat which people see as meaning that I'm outwardly bubbly but secretly unhappy. This is also not true, I'm bad tempered and nasty on the outside but happy being fat on the inside as I can eat what I want without people saying I must have a good metabolism or some such crap.

I used to be friends with a Native American who found that people expected him to live in a tent and worship the sun/wind/rain/squirrels and eat nuts and berries and things.

So, lots of people judge books by their covers but what do people assume about you when they first meet you?

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    That I'm a tall but quiet person who's interested in computer games and books...as you may have guessed I don't meet many people >.>

The only other thing I can think of is that people ask if I'm British when they hear my voice over a mic.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That I'm Adonis. :D

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Unstable, arrogant, cold, distant with slight hardline tendencies.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  5. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You mean Adrian Adonis, the old, kinda fat WWF star?:p

Edit: spelling

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  6. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Like Magister, I don't meet a whole lot of people and, when I do, I'm usually rather reserved and people get to know me slowly. If they make any assumptions, I don't hear about them, and they don't seem to persist very long.

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Most people think I'm a pleasant, cheerful fat guy. They're wrong.

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    My assumptions about people tend to be more of an immediate reaction the to vibes I'm getting from them, not necessarily the way they look. I find it hard to get over the initial reaction when it's negative, even if the person tries to be nice and friendly (on the other hand I have no trouble whatsoever overriding the positive vibes if the person turns out to be a jerk). Most of the times the initial reaction only gets confirmed with time, but there are occasions when I've been completely wrong, including one particular guy. It was quite funny actually, we took an immediate disliking to each other within seconds of being in the same room and that went on for no particular reason for a while. Turns out he's been my best mate for over 10 years now.

9. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    So you're a bitter, cranky skinny chick.

I knew it.

LKD and Saber like this.
  10. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That is funny, my best friend and I have the same story. We hated each other, almost coming to blows at our 1st meeting. We were introduced thru a mutual friend. He stood up for me at my wedding, threw the Bachelor Party, it was a good one! It's amazing how 1st impressions can be so off base.

11. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I'm pretty average looking so people tend not to make too many assumptions about me from my looks. Its when I talk to people they form opinions, and the way I act. Still mostly they get the right impression that I am a cheerful person, who is very rarely sad, I'm pretty patient, but I do find it hard to have a serious conversation and I really don't know much about current affairs :D

12. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    That comes from spending too much time in the boro Dave!

13. nunsbane

nunsbane

What do others assume about me? I have no idea....and could not care less.

Btw, anyone who judges a book by it's cover is deficient. People who do so start with a presupposition and probably could not come to an alternate conclusion if they tried.... even if an alternate conclusion becomes justified.

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'm of average height and weight, I'm a silent and somewhat reserved person. In fact people barely notice I'm here. However I couldn't care less what people think of me at first sight.

15. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Trust me, when you get started on Quebec sovereignty it's very hard not to notice you :p

16. Blades of Vanatar

I'll have to admit, there was a time when I was vain enough to care what other people thought about me, but I grew out of that. Now, it doesn't matter. I love the life I lead, if they don't like it, no skin off of my back.

But I generally think people see me as an easy-going, carefree person. At least, my friends tell me I come off that way.

17. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Leaving my appearance to mother nature, I am a slightly overweight large chested blonde who looks younger than I am thanks to a round face and pimple outbreaks,
    So, I'd get the "cute but dumb" assumptions too.
    Nowadays, I dye my hair a screamingly obnoxious red, so I typically get quizzical looks. I think people really don't know what to make of me these days.
    I do frequently get people just randomly coming up and complimenting my hair. I guess tailbone length red hair just isn't that common... :lol:

18. Silvery

Media:
    Probably not Stef but you do sound like a hottie!

19. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I'm the same way. I certainly do not stand out in a crowd. I'm pretty average in terms of height, weight, and looks, so there's really nothing striking about me. Plus now that I have a toddler with me a lot of the time, people's attention are usually on him and not me.

20. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I don't go out of my way to impress people -- I am what I am, and if people don't like it they can go sodomize themselves.

That said, though, I believe it is important to make a positive first impression -- simple things that I don't count as going "out of my way" include good hygiene, clean clothes, and pleasant behaviour. Of course, I'm a teacher, and it makes sense to exude a pleasant persona, as it makes the day go so much more smoothly.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.