1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You May Be a 90s Kid If.....

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Halasz, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I can relate to a bit more than 50% on the list, but some stuff I just don't get :/

Home Alone, yes. 2? Also. But 3? No, that show sucked :/

2. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

how do you define a 90's kid? I grew up in the 90's. I turned 8 in 1990. Started listening to Nirvana shortly before Kurt died. Distinctly remember Desert Storm, Kosovo, Somalia, Lewinsky, OJ trial, the first MJ scandal, Tebetan freedom concert, Channel One, 90210, melrose place, the real world, the end of mtv as a music channel, there's so much.

3. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Wow..I actually remember quite a few of those things O.o (The non-American ones at least).
    Oh and I read 'Where's Wally?' not 'Where's Waldo?' -_-
    Hahaha I remember collecting those round thingies in chip packets but I don't remember what we called them because it certainly wasn't called pogs over here..I think it began with a 'g'.
    Strangely it seems that I wasn't really into a lot of the things listed. Like, I never watched Sailor Moon (hehehe wierd no?), and...Nick Carter?!? No waaay...I mean yeah they had alright songs but nooo waaaayyyy!!! +_+

4. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

SA? I'm almost exactly a decade older than you. :heh:

Desert Storm? I remember The Gulf of Sidra showdown and The Falkland Islands.

You remember when mcDonalds served pizza!
    Heck, I remember when McDonald's served MEAT! :lol: or maybe think back to the McDLT. (oh, look - the lettuce is still wilty, but at least it's cold ;) )

I remember a time before Chicken McNuggets.

Saturday morning? Rocket Robin Hood, Smurfs, Scooby Doo (before Scrappy ever showed up), Shmoo, Captain Caveman, He-Man, Voltron; at night there was Knight Rider, Dynasty, Dallas, the FIRST Battlestar Galactica, Charlie's Angels, Cheers, Magnum P.I., Three's Company(the reason John Ritter had 'Eight Simple Rules for Dating My Daughter' - he WAS Jack Tripper :cool: ), Different Strokes, WKRP in Cincinnati; avoiding the Noid, the FIRST incarnation of The Burger King; Grimace, Mayor McCheese & the Hamburglar.

At the movie theater, I saw that Christopher Reeve was Superman, George Lucas before he sold out completely with ewoks, KRULL!, Beastmaster, TRON, Halloween, Friday the 13th, Poltergeist.

I remember when comic books ("graphic novels" had yet to come into existence) weren't a 'critical and redeeming form of literature', they were the contemporary whipping boy for the Establishment; and they didn't cost more than a dollar - even up here in Canada. And you didn't go to the Special Hell for actually TOUCHING them or, heaven forbid, READING them. (collectable? they're a saturday afternoon's enjoyment!)

I remember John Travolta's FIRST jump to stardom; I remember when Michael Jackson wasn't surrounded by scandal (and was a young black boy, not an old white woman ;) ).

Video Games? An Atari or Colecovision wasn't in the cards for me for a while - we had to go to the ARCADES for interactive visual entertainment. PAC-MAN, Missile Command, Breakout, Centipede, Qix, Berzerk, Battlezone, Tempest, Joust; When Dragon's Lair came out with all its gee whiz laser-disc technology (yeah the ones the size of LPs...or don't you remember VINYL? ;) ) I was already starting to skip them in favor of my Commodore 64! (Captain Kirk endorsed it)

I remember when you bought a bottle of pills, jar of peanut butter, or carton of milk, you didn't have this stupid, impenetrable 'safety seal,' because the Tylenol Poisoner had to go and get impersonal instead of just pulling a gun and blazing away. :grr:

Nakia's got me beat on the :geezer: , but I will also join her in remembering Pogs, Tamagotchis, Air Jordan, 90210, the WB...

And it's Oscar Mayer - I know because:

♫ My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R
    My bologna has a second name, it's M-A-Y-E-R
    Oh, I love to eat it every day, and if you ask me why, I'll say,
    'Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A. ♫

(who said Madison Avenue wasn't teaching kids, I learned how to spell three words from one jingle! :lol: )

Oh, and that candy company is spelled:

♫ N - E - S - T - L - E - S;
    Nestle's makes the very best
    Chawwwwwww-c'late! ♫

5. Halasz Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You should know that I'm not all about the Nick Carter, this was simply stolen from Facebook :p

Agreed Home Alone 3 sucked!!!

McDonald's Pizza wass sooo good. Rumor is that Ms. Vanelli's pizzza rolls are stolen from there...they are identical.....

And again, does no one else remember Captain Planet? Wherever I go, no one remembers this cartoon :( it was soo good

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Errr, no? what is it? I was born in 1988, maybe I'm just too young.

Hell yeah! It was nothing compared to the first two!

7. Dendri Gems: 20/31

There was also Eurotrash. :D

... feeling old now. And tired.

8. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

Flix/Disciple - Heck, even a Newfie like me misses Consumer's Distributing! :)

Oh, and I just noticed something:

Tang = 90's?!?

Folks, that 'orange drink' has been around long enough to be TWICE as old as me, and I'm literally old enough to be the father of plenty of people posting in this thread!! :rolleyes:

(Oh, and I remember hearing of Captain Planet, I just never watched it, being 'over' cartoons...by about a year or two ;) )

9. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

@Halasz
    I remember watching Captain Planet a few times..I wasn't really into it though..maybe because I was pretty young at the time. Anyway, I thought that the idea of Captain Planet was a little wierd..O.o
    Oh, and I know HEAPS of people who remember the show.

10. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

I loved Captain Planet as a kid. It was great stuff.

11. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I really liked the Captain Planet NES game.

12. Ofelix

Media:
    I can't say I recall distribution aux consomateurs.

Tang? No way Kool-Aid was the drink for 90s Kid!

/Kool-Aid voice

Oh Yeeeaaaaaaah!

/end Kool-Aid voice

:lol:

13. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Oh! Oh! I have a Tang jar at home. ^^ Tang is nice...too bad it's filled with nuts now.

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Finally, someone who remembers it! Ahh, those were the days... pity it went bankrupt - they had some good prices and a lot of stock too.

While we're at it, remember SAAN, Woolco, Simpson's, Kmart, Greenberg, Pascal, Eaton, Shop-Rite, Woolworth, Castor Bricolaur, and here's a special one for you Newfs - Target.

No? Shame on you!

15. Ofelix

Media:
    Oh yeah, Eaton can't forget that one. But The Simpsons is still there.

16. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Hmm I still remember back when Cannons hadn't been replaced by Woolworths...

17. Ofelix

Media:
    Don't tell me Dotw you don't remember the Quebec's Nordique! Good ol' hockey team.

18. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I used to think that, but then I noticed it was actually NHL 95 that just made the rest of the Windows appear great :lol:

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hell yeah I do remember them... and if I might add, they *sucked*.

Ehh, I wasn't talking about the TV show, but the store - it eventually merged with Sears.

For an obscure reason, I have a weird flashback of Taco Bell Taco flavored Doritos... those were good stuff. Spicy cheese Doritos kicked ass as well.

20. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

who didn't watch Capt. Planet? for shame
    Earth
    Fire
    Wind
    Water
    Heart!
    With your powers combined I am Captain Planet!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.