1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You know you've played too many CRPGs when...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by JiggaJay, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

...you go back to an old strategy game and try to use space to pause. (Nearly got assimilated thanks to that. :grr: :borg: :smash: )

2. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I always press pause in other games! *points at Diablo 2*

When in games where you can name your NPCs when they meet you, you name them after NPCs in BG. (done)

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm looking forward to naming my daughter Jaheira but I don't know what the priest is going to say. :shake:

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@chev:
    Just keep her away from Beren. :lol: Speaking of whom...

I'm not sure if it's been said yet, but:
    ...you pine after a romance character.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

/slams door on cabinet altar surrounded by pictures of Anomen

Who me? :outta: :D

You fit characters from a tv show or film into the roles of NPCs in your favorite game.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    And here i thought chev was going to name a daughter Nalia :p

7. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

When you wonder if your Cha score is high enough for your :bs: to work. And then blame crooked dice if it doesn't

8. Sir Farivald

Sir Farivald The Obsidian Cleric

You lay awake at 3:30am thinking about what your stats would be in real life. Like I did this morning...

Strength: 15
    Dexterity: 17
    Constitution: 14
    Intelligence: 16
    Wisdom: 15
    Charisma: 18

9. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

dream on~ dream on~ :rolling:

I wouldn't figure my stats out...but I certainly would think of my friends...such as...

Str 16, Dex 10, Con 13, Int 8, Wis 7, Cha 14...pretty decent :hmm:

10. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@ Sir Farivold
    Maybe after wearing your hacked stat enhancing items, and then using all the tomes in BG1 on yourself :)

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yes, yes, Nalia too. ;) The priest should be more receptive to Nalia than to Jaheira. :shake:

I probably have 12-13 STR, maybe 10 DEX per average, around 12 CON... INT, WIS and CHA I don't know. You judge if you want. :p

[ January 02, 2006, 23:23: Message edited by: chevalier ]

12. Sir Farivald

Sir Farivald The Obsidian Cleric

Hehe, I thought Ring of Human Influence went without saying :p

Realistically I have no idea what my stats would be, I really didn't put too much thought into it...

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Why would the priest do if you named your daughter Jaheira? It's a rather exotic and beautiful name. Unless Jeheira has a special unknown devil-related polish meaning (which I doubt ;) ) You ought to be fine.

Mmmm I'd rather name a daughter Imoen anyway. :love:

According to my D20 modern book I can lift a max of 150 lbs, which would result in a 13 str.

14. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

lol weakling :) Just kidding.

Well, is that squatting or benching? If that is squatting then i'm sorry my friend, but that is sad. Unless you are a halfling, that would be incredibly impressive.

What does a bench of 200 (weak, i know :( ) rank my str as? or a squat of 410? Can you even put a number on STR? I mean, an ant can lift freaking a million times its weight, but that translates for us as merely ounces.

My 3rd edition stats, as I believe

STR: 14
    DEX: 16 (I am an excellent shot, and agile, but I can't run fast to save my life...)
    CON: 9 (I don't know how I survive during football season, I can't run for any period to save my life, but I can in short bursts :) But I can take a hit, hrm... this is a hard stat to come up with... Luckily I have a feat that uses my will modifier when I get tired instead of my fortitude)
    INT: 18 (tee hee, my IQ puts me in the 97.8 percentile, but I fail hardcore at math *shakes fist angrily at math class* ok, lets be more realistic and set that to a 16 :) )
    WIS: 10 (enlightened? no. Religious? Hell no. Atheist to the max! Do I make wise decisions? no. Average score here)
    CHA: 12 (small bonus here, but for some reason people just don't like me... Maybe its cuz i'm weird.)

15. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Chev, name your daughter Jaheira. I dare you.

I think Viconia would be better *Notes down for future need*

How would you explain that to your wife? Parents? In Laws?

16. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

You think that being without your computer for three weeks is cruel and unusual punishment...

17. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I think you should be ok :p

18. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

We're Sorry. DAIE is not in our database. BabyNames.com does review the list of searched names and if we find a meaning, will add it to our database.

Damn.

19. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I'm not even going to try Gnarfflinger...

20. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Last time I searched ''Ofelix'' in the internet the result was a snail with the Portugal flag on it. It deserved a major WTF

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.