1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You know you've played too many CRPGs when...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by JiggaJay, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Koroth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You call a friend a Lawful Evil Thief when he cheats you at Poker.

When going on a hike in the mountains, you expect to run into Drizzt and the gang.

And, my all time favourite:

You expect the bartender to tell you he ain't serving you another drop cause you're splashed. :D

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

And you expect the bartender to tell you a rumor when you buy your drink...

3. Tardazor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

When you see the latest movie of harry potter, waiting what he learn the Fireball spell. Stupid Harry! :toofar:

Before you will go to a date, you go to the super, waiting buy a Eagle`s Splendor Potion, or a Friends scroll. :shake:

4. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

LMAO, true story...

When you are eating at a chinese restaurant and laugh at your brother because he sucks at using chopsticks, and say "hah noob, your dex modifier isn't high enough. You should probably put some ranks in the skill 'use chopsticks'. Or would it be a feat and be a weapon proficiency?"

You then ponder all day whether or not the use of chopsticks would be a skill or a feat.

5. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

When you lose at darts, you blame it on using Darts -1.

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

When your wife comes into the computer room in sexy lingerie and you'd rather finish a lovetalk with a BG2 character than with her.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You read:
    And say outloud, "Actually, it would be a Sleight of Hand check."

*whips out PHB*

Because using chopsticks would fall under 'perform some feat of legerdemain with an object no larger than a loaf of bread'. And chopsticks would be considered light weapons when dealing with the Weapon Finesse and Two Weapon Fighting feats. :p

8. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

WHich then begs the question:

Can you sharpen them, and use them to backstab, and do you get bonuses for fighting vampires?

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Yes for the backstab/sneak attack. As for vamps, only Chinese ones. :p

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

/me can't resist the lure :sosad:

In 2e, as a Non-Weapon Proficiency, I think perhaps it might fall under Etiquette. But that requires a CHA check, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Perhaps a DM-modified Etiquette (Oriental), which requires a DEX check instead; there's enough justification for it.

As for using them as weapons, I believe they could be easily lumped in with needles as a wooden variety. Not worth taking a Weapon Proficiency for since they only do 1 damage. Using your fists at least qualifies you for 1-2. And if you intend them as a poison delivery system, blowgun is a much handier proficiency (not to mention less risky to use needles with).

11. Sir Farivald

Sir Farivald The Obsidian Cleric

When you try to convince your girlfriend to paint herself blue and dye her hair white.

When you always have some CRPG battle music on the MP3 player in case something tense/dramatic happens.

When you buy a very very expensive but beautifully well made fantasy sword so you can feel like a Blackguard.

When you blame a scathing remark on your Lawful Evil alignment.

When you carry a little book around with you to jot notes down about everything that happens in the day, most of them don't receive conclusion.

When you give a pound/dollar to every beggar in the street in hope that a member of your party will initiate a good banter.

When you run from the police shouting "I'm wearing boots of escaping!" :p

12. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Why would you want to date a smurf? :confused:

14. Koroth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

OH OH OH!

True Story, and also freaking hilarious:

Scenario:

Theatre department in College. A play is over, and there are toy swords around. Not resisting the urge, I toss one of them at a friend, and say, "En garde! Can't touch a Grandmaster in Short Swords AND Single Weapon Fighting! Come on then, try and get me!"

Of course, after all that and standing at the ready, he just looked at me and said, "Ummm...are you ok?"

After rambling something about him being a monkey (only because he DOES look like a monkey :grin: ), I just said forget it, told him he was lucky that magic missiles weren't real, then sat down and sulked.

Of course...>_> by then, everyone looked at me funny, then clapped, thinking I was acting! :lol:

15. Sir Farivald

Sir Farivald The Obsidian Cleric

Arabwel, I have a thing for Smurfs ;)

I've always seen Drow as blue...

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    What if you have pictures of your girlfriend with perfectly natural looking pointy ears? :p

17. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Then you've played way too many Crpgs. XD

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

My hubby is a hobbit...or halfling, depending on the game genre. :p

19. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You are talking with somebody, then when you feel like the conversation is about end, you click on end dialogue...or think you should end dialogue so you can do other things.

20. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

When, playing First Person Shooters, pressing *space* to pause :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.