1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You know you've been playing BGII too long when...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by mountain-mike, Nov 9, 2000.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] You get home from the Supermarket with a turnip in your bag.
    You look at your room and think "Nature could find a home here, but it's gotta be cleansed and balanced"
    After a sh***y day you look for life's reload button so you can do it again properly.

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

...when you're surrounded by club hotties asking what Baldur's Gate 2 is in regards to the BG2 T-Shirt you're wearing while your bud who went with you is stealing items from their pockets to sell for money so we can get Janice out of jail.

Syl...

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited November 10, 2000).]

3. t4sK Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] k, Syl. If that really happened to you, you seriously need a vacation! heh.. ;)

Or at least your bud does!

--t4sK

[This message has been edited by t4sK (edited November 10, 2000).]

4. Beorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

When you nearly pass out from hunger pains, but still don't stop playing because you're "in a groove." (that in addition to the fact that there's nothing in the fridge because you haven't bought groceries in a month)

5. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You know your addicted to BG2 when you go to a club and try to cast dire charm on one of the women.

6. SaLtDoC Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

When ur still up at 5 in the morning and ur mum comes down and starts to giving u hell :)

I'm talking from experience here :p

7. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

...When you really, really wish that the Ring of Human Influence exists...
    hahhaha

8. When you start referring to your backpack as "the bag of holding".

When you tell your friends and co-workers about the dragon or lich you slew and expect them to be all amazed.

When you tell your doctor "just give me a couple of potions, I'll be okay after I rest for 8 hours".

You just can't stop playing, and you wonder briefly what happened to your family, then forget about them again...

You buy a bow and ask the guy at the sporting goods store for +2 arrows to go with it.

You get to know people on a Baldur's Gate 2 message board...

9. SaLtDoC Gems: 1/31

Lol, well said Balduran

10. Beorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

when you feel an overwhelming urge to hit a spacebar, any spacebar, whenever you find yourself in a position where you need to regroup...or even just to pause the TV

I just did that and embarrassed the hell out of myself, and I'm the only one home.

11. Chelsea Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

When you catch yourself refering to the price of something in Gold Pieces. Did that recently with the GF, in a restaurant and I said "I`ll sort out payment for the drinks, its only about 20 gold". I could have died!!!

[This message has been edited by Chelsea (edited November 13, 2000).]

12. Perrin Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] When you want to leave the pub but wait for your friends, since you have to gather your party before leaving ....

13. Cancerman Gems: 2/31

When you go to a church concert and you realize that some of the choirs songs would have served as excellent background music in the temple district....

regards from Denmark

14. t4sK Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] when you say 'coo!' instead of cool all the time... What DOES that word mean anyways? COO!

--t4sK

15. anybodey_9901 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

When you go into a public room and you follow a nobleman/woman's words "Get away from me commoner." or "Keep away from me peasant."

16. Sir Phapylon Gems: 2/31

When you try to cast that nice silence 15" on your chattering mother....

17. Wizard advocate Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] When you instead of shouting and cursing with your idoitic younger brother, u start reciting the spell for polymorph other in hope that you can turn him into a squrriel.

When you say, "You seek my counsel, yes?" in a Japanese voice when someone is about to ask you a question.

When you are studying very hard into the night and suddenly it occurs to you that you should rest to memorize all the text.

18. GOD Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] I am in the mood for this.....

1. When yr girlfriend called up and says she's going out wt a mature old man.

2. When yr parents went out to adopt a son.

3. When yr boss send you to Africa for job assignment.

4. When you start receiving "miss you" or "condolences" cards fm yr party mates.

5. When yr insurance agent rejects yr life policy application.

6. When you shout insults like "Son of a lich" when you actually mean "bitch".

7. When you play tennis, you use 2 racquets just because you like to dual wield.

8. When you start having wet dreams about Viconia principal!!???

9. When yr church minister come over and says "GOD forgive yr sins, my son".

10. My favourite......When I am using my worktime to send messages like this on the board.

Syl/Tal, thumbsup for a great board. I thoroughly enjoy it.

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thanks. It's been (mostly) enjoyable for me as well, from the moment I created these forums.
    With so many great people posting here there could be no other way! :)

20. Vanyril Guest

[​IMG] You know you've been playing BG to long when...

you pickpocket every local merchant in search for a ring of regenerating.

you start searching as many potions of Genius before your final exam.

you have looked at every map but are still clooking for Amn.

you pay a merchant 50gp to look at his special wares.

you start calling your teacher an Umber Hulk, because he contstantly confuses you.

[This message has been edited by Vanyril (edited July 07, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.