1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You Know Things Are Bad When...

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Chandos the Red, Apr 28, 2009.

1. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

If they are registering as independants, I would wager that they will return to the fold when a decent, respectable leader rises from the ashes. It's only a matter of time before it happens. It might be a LONG time, but it will happen. After 8 years of Obama, there will be some middle of the road types who will be upset at his policies and they will return to the Republicans IF there is a viable leader there. If that leader doesn't step forward, then it'll be another 4 years or more of Dems, but one day the public will shift to the right side of the spectrum again. The Pendulum of Time goes back and forth . . .

2. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hell LKD there are middle of the road types that are pissed at obama now, not even 4 months in, let alone 4 or 8 years from now.
    I'm just worried about how much damage this CS SOB will do in the 4 years he is guaranteed.

Just wait, if you thought a lot of people got out of the intelligence & counter-terrorism fields under clinton, you ain't seen nothing yet.

3. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Here's a random thought. Now that Spector is a Democrat, does that mean that the Democrats no longer believe Anita Hill?

4. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    TGS, most republicans now believe Hill. Sunlight and time have made the motivations and (lack of) veracity of the accusations directed at her painfully obvious to any that care to look...especially since many of the character assassins have themselves recanted. Before you attribute my difference of opinion to "liberal bias", I should probably point out that I never thought those accusations levied against Thomas should have been considered in his confirmation hearing. The events in question were too far in the past. Had Hill desired retribution against Thomas, she should have done so within a year or so at the very least, not more than a decade later in a highly publicized Senate hearing. Hill she deserved part of what she got, but what little evidence we have supports her claims...and the fact that many claims made by Thomas during the hearing were proven to be less-than-honest after the fact lends further credence to Hill's claims.

5. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    :jawdrop:

If this is true, I must have not gotten the memo. Could you please forward it to me?

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think the more relevant question is who on Capitol Hill really cares about Anita Hill?

7. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Snook, the argument being presented by most republicans -- even back then -- was that an unprosecuted sexual harassment incident from more than a decade prior was irrelevant to whether Thomas should be considered for the Supreme Court. I agreed with that position then, and still do. That said, most of the "evidence" against Hill was presented by a man named David Brock -- who has since confessed to making it up and has formally apologized to Anita Hill. Any conservatives that still believe Brock's lies are grossly misinformed -- since he, himself, recanted.

8. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    So does that mean that Thomas sexually harassed her or not? Spector has been dogged for years for not believing her testomony. Just because Brock made up some dirt on her doesn't make her claims truthful.

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.