1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You knew about the Star Wars Kid

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Oxymore, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Deathmaster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

i don't think these pics we made to humiliate to the kid. They are of very high quality, and i don't think someone would go to all this trouble just to humiliate him. If they did, then its quite sad. So my assumption is that the kid is in on it, or someone has chosen his face is very distinct and it fits into all those pictures very well.

2. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ok, time for my chaotic disclaimer.

First of all, I don't think the goal of whoever made that picture was to humiliate the kid. Imo, the goal was to have fun. At the kid's expense you might say, I guess it's true. Fact is that humour is often offensive to someone, so it comes down at one's personal limits. Are you ready to laugh at others' misfortune? Of course you are. We all are. Depends on the severity of the misfortune and your personal taste. In this case, it's all about a boy with a funny face, nothing racist, nothing sexual, nothing religious or whatever. (contrary to some racist joke about 60 millions French people for instance)

Now, many internet nerds like to "custom" each other's faces. So I'd say there's a good probability the guy willingly gave his picture to fellow net goons on a board to see what they could come up with. Some of them indubitably did some funny work. That's all.

Finally, as you said, if people laugh at this kid, they're probably laughing at other kids too in the process, maybe SP members among them. Well, I doubt every SPer is a beauty contest winner, so those who are laughing at these pics, are laughing at themselves too. I think not taking oneself seriously is a good thing, case might be this kid was the first to be amused by those pictures. If not, well, the world is a hard place, he'll have to deal with it, as we all do.

3. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Cruel? Certainly unless the kid was in on it (as has been stated)
    Funny? I guess so, some of them are pretty cool, particulalrly the movie poster ones.

Didn't get a good laugh from them though, probably just not in a laughing mood today. That said, I can see how they would be hell funny to me on a normal day.

4. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Hey Splunge, your not alone - I agree with you, still laughed, but then I laugh at alot of things... like hamsters rolling in jelly. Do you think the hamsters thought it was funny?? No, neither do I.
    All in all, the pictures to me do not seem to extreme in ridiculing the kid - I thought they were very good, and I would love it if someone did it to me. But maybe thats because i'm more mature than this person appears to be (yeah, right :rolleyes: ).

:edit:

what the hell is that about hamsters - I'm a loon :eek:

5. InquisitorX Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I totally agree with Splunge on this one. And I can say this with almost 100% certainity: the kid did not want his picture to be modified and distributed.

Any humor the pictures may have been possessed have been tainted by the malice of the people who made them.

I know if someone had done something to me like that when I was that young I would have been absolutely devasated and humiliated beyond belief. If this kid finds out about this his self-esteem could be permaently damaged. What if he is emotionally unstable? He could commit suicide.

I hate to sound so dire, but stunts like this can have lifelong effects. To this day I lose sleep over 'events' that took place in my childhood, and I can honestly say not one of them was as bad as what happened to this kid.

[ December 08, 2003, 08:30: Message edited by: InquisitorX ]

6. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

It was just a joke! I mean come on, you guys are taking this way toon seriously.

I mean, I am no beauty contestant myself(understatement of the year) but I still think that unless the kid is completely devoid of humour, he would find these as funny as I do.

I mean, if I could see myself drawn as batman, or replacing ol' whats-his-name on mount rushmore, I would have trouble getting up from so much laughing.

I mean, come on, grow a funny bone.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.