1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ye Olde Randome Babble Thread - 112

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I think this question is a deep one, and perhaps could cover an entire thread of it's own. I have been reading these posts thinking, gee, I must be so super boring, as I actually greatly prefer to be in a sober state of mind. I'm not such a prude that I won't drink every once and a while. I actually had quite a few drinks on this past 4th of July, but this is without question the exception for me. Usually I prefer water, soda, even juice over liquor. I don't touch the illegal stuff at all.

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Addictio n is good. I'm addicted to life man. I've been partying since Spain victory (Viva Espana -can't find the little thing that goes on the n there).

Bastille Day! I hate the nationalistic bull but fireworks are pretty especially when you're wasted. Shiny colours. Gee I'm hungry. Now I've never been to Hungary but I heard it's a really great place.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I only drink when there's alcohol around.

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    That's a sound take on the subject T2.

Now that I think about it, I remember that I know the Hungarian word for "cheers" it's "egészségedre" and quite a mouthful. Tends to make you quite thirsty which is not a bad thing considering that you're likely to say it before drinking down a glass. :beer:

5. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    So would it be fair to say that it's a coping mechanism, then? (Whether that be stress, boredom, et al.) I don't see much yet to suggest that it's really recreational, which is moreso what I had suspected it to be.

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I only get to drink if I'm not on painkillers and I only drink things I like the taste of. I generally get to the point where I fancy a drink because I haven't had it for a while, if I'm out with friends, they'll usually have a drink, more often than not, I can't even if the place we're in sells something I really enjoy.

I don't like the feeling of being drunk. Apparently I'm a lot more open and cheerful after a few drinks and after a couple more I don't hurt anymore (Which can be good or bad :D) but then I've got to consider not causing any damage to myself because it will be another three days before I can take anything for the pain.

Made the mistake of drinking on meds a couple of weeks ago. NOT doing that again. Was most uncomfortable in the morning.

7. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I am NOT happy! I was supposed to be doing an information stand for the RNID this afternoon (from 1-3) at the local hospital. I left at 12 so I could get parked and be there in plenty of time. Found the ward I was supposed to be at and was then told that the stand was actually for tomorrow but it had been cancelled anyway.
    I got home and was told that the RNID had rang me at 12.55 to let me know that it wasn't on. Checked my email and had a mail from my boss (sent at about 5 past 1) to say she'd told me the wrong date.

So, 12 mile round trip going through town centre traffic and made to look like an arse when I arrived at the hospital. Smashing

8. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Vauxhall, wow, that's a name I haven't heard in years. My grandfather had one (it was non-functional by the time I remember it).
    As for drinking, I do so when I feel like it if there's anything that tastes good. If it doesn't taste good, I don't drink it.
    Any intoxication is a side effect, one that does not happen very often.

9. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Boy, you are really into this! If you liked it a lot, there are 111 other threads to catch up on... :p

@ Gaear,

While I too like to have a beer in the evening to relax a bit, I also like to drink as a social / recreational activity. I like the feeling of being drunk. Everything is so much funnier and I'm basically always in a good mood when I drink. And when you're drunk along with other people who are drunk, usually the fun is exponential (for me, anyways).

@ Sil,

Yeah, that sucks. One of the reasons I'm glad I have a cellphone now. In fact, do you have one? If so, did they at least tried your cell?

10. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    A cell?

Sorry, just realised you meant a mobile. Yes, I do but I forgot to take it with me! They didn't try to ring me though, checked my missed calls when I got back

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  11. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Are you joking along, or just ignored the spoiler tag? :D

Seriously though, when I first saw the thread, I thought you people would use Ye Olde Bucherede Englishe here. :D:D:D

Also, does anyone perchance know how to start a blog here? I cannot seem to find the instructions anywhere. Checked the FAQ and all the guides mentioned thrice, but to no avail. Vae misero mihi! ;)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  12. Triactus

Media:
    Ah, I understand now. I was wondering what the hell you were talking about in your spoiler... :lol:

Well, I did read all of the RBT pages as I've written through it... :)

13. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

All? As in, all the other threads? My head starts spinning at the sheer thought. :D

14. Triactus

Media:
    haha, no no, just the pages of this thread (and probably a couple earlier). But no, 112 000 random posts would be a little much, even for me... :)

15. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

Someone should gather all the threads into a book... it would put even 'Finnegan's Wake' to shame, that is for sure. :D:D:D

16. Silvery

Media:
    Don't underestimate Tri's geekiness...he would read them all if he had the time!

17. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    God dammit, I need more time to read. How am I ever gonna finish Guards! Guards! at this rate?

18. Silvery

Media:
    You still haven't read that? I've read that about 40 times since it came out!

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I can see it from here... "RBP Anthology: 100+ threads of semi-organized madness"

20. Triactus

Media:
    No, I wouldn't because I wouldn't be able to add my goofiness to the random posts... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.