1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ye Olde Randome Babble Thread - 112

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

2. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    Wow... and now I realize why I've been focusing more on other areas, when I do come to the boards (homework, storms, and a dead wireless router also contributing to my lack of attendance to the BoM lately). Has this become kitty claw central?

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Exactly, I originally called you an 'old fart' but changed it to 'grandpa' just to keep the Pink Dragon off my back. :evil: :p

DMC...after all these years, and you still don't know me. :toofar: My comeback sarcasm has some bite to it. :evil:

See, I moved back home because by myself, I couldn't afford an apartment on my own. Hell, a crummy 1 bedroom apartment in the....less than ideal...part of town is $700 a month. Yeah...no thanks. :rolleyes:

Besides, now I have Ma's good ol' cookin' to come home to. :yum:
    The ex couldn't cook a decent meal if her life depended on it. :nolike:

Ha! So I was right! You lame old people are so predictable... :p

4. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Kit, from experience, all you can really do is tell your dad that he does not have any sympathy from you for his foolish lack of foresight. My mother used to have that I-don't-want-to-take-my-child's-advice problem, but a few distinct setbacks cured her of that. She'll at least consider my POV these days.

5. Kitrax

Media:
    Oh, trust me....I give him no sympathy at all. He wanted to try to fix it himself, but needed a Torx driver to remove the grill...so he asked if he could borrow my set. I told him, "Pfft...NO! You should have listened to me! You can wait 'till Ray comes over before you go and make it worse."

He tried to punch me, but the old fart is too slow. He's quick for being 70, but not quick enough! I poked him in the belly, dodged another punch, and walked off to my room with a Muhahahahaha!!! :evil:

What's really funny is that my mom is on my side. :shake:

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I gave up on convincing my parents of anything long ago :shake:

Was tempted to phone my dad after his stroke though because the only message I got from him was "Will be okay, speech will take a while to recover" could have done with a laugh :p

Lift got repaired here after two days being broken... that lasted twelve hours and haven't heard anyone come to repair it yet either. Good thing I'm stuck in the house anyway :doh:

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Your parents just don't like it when you break out the "I told you so's" They feel that they have exclusive use and control over that phrase based upon your childhood. It's hard for them to understand that kids grow up, get separate knowledge, and sometimes know more than they do.

Meanwhile -- I think you need to temper your gloating because, after all, you're now living with your parents and are subject to their rules (sucker).

8. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Yes, and your food could be... tampered... :lol:

9. Kitrax

Media:
    The only rule they've given me is that I can't drink any of the booze I store in my mini-fridge at home. And I'm ok with that since I only drink at parties...

Hell, I even asked them if I could bring home a random chick every weekend. All my dad said was, "It's your life, as long as I don't hear it, I don't really care." :skeptic:

See, that's why I always let them take a few bites of dinner before I dig in. If they don't drop dead, I figure it's safe to eat. :lol:

10. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Just received word that I will be receiving a company credit-card! :evil: Have to take a few trips for training/classes, so I will definitely be eating like a King on those excursions. There is a nice restaurant I like in town that will print a total for the reciept and my boss has told me as long as it's not too excessive, there is no need to have an itemized receipt for a dinner. This restaurant just happens to be a Micro-Brewery as well. Lucky me!

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I tried to get a credit card today because I wanted to buy a Kindle for my dad. So I apply and the band asks me whether I have an account. Yes. They ask me if I am a student. Yes. They inform me that if I am a student, then I should get a student credit card. That's a credit card with lower interest rates, so I like that offer. I try to apply for that and they ask me if I have a student bank account. I used to have a student bank account two years ago, but without consulting me, they cancelled my student account and gave me a regular one.
    Ok, so I'll create a new student bank account in addition to my regular one. They won't let me, they only allow me to transform my current bank account into a student one. Which means I'll lose my savings account with all the credit I saved there.
    Ok, so then I'll just apply for a normal credit card and they ask me for my income. I'm a student, even if they happen to believe something else, so my income is quite insignificant. I enter my income, and they tell me that I earn to little to be eligible for a credit card. :rolleyes:

My current options:
    - Drop the savings account, lose the credit I have gathered up and move to a student account.
    - Buy something for my dad that isn't a Kindle.
    - Get a job.

I'm sorry dad ;)

12. Kitrax

Media:
    Hey...I applied for a credit card today too. I only requested a $1000 limit...but they gave me $1500, and they offered me a free $500 overdraft protection plan for my checking account. I've never been a fan of the whole overdraft thing, but having another line of credit with a $0 balance couldn't hurt my credit.

I've been credit card free for the past 3-4 years...and looking back, that complete lack of revolving credit hurt my credit score more than it helped. :skeptic:

13. Disciple of The Watch

/powers fog generator on at 200% capacity

Much better now. :hippy: :hippy: :hippy: :hippy: :hippy:

14. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Glad it's Friday. Even though it was only a 4 day work week thanks to Independance Day, it was a hell of a long week. I'm beat. Can't even muster up enough energy to go and play Mass Effect 2. :o

Hate it when I get this drained.

15. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    My mother is in a mood with me. I finally snapped after 3 years of having her pick at how I raise Ashley and told her to butt out and stop interfering. Maybe I shouldn't have gone mental with her but when I've tried talking to her she doesn't listen. Anyway, that was on Thursday. I went round yesterday to see my sister and mum was fine with me but when I spoke to her on the phone last night and this morning she was being grouchy (when she remembered).
    Thing is, she's waiting for to say I was wrong and I'm sorry (which I normally do) but she's going to have a looooooooong wait, I'm not backing down this time!

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    If I am a zombie at work it'll be because of the heat here, ugh ... 38°C/100°F in the sun and high humidity ... and it's been that hot for successive days and heat has been building up, and even though the rain tonight did initially cool down things, whatever relief that brought was limited to the wee hours of the day ...

I write this sitting at my comp with a towel on the desk and another one around my neck ... except that I'm clothed this is like Sauna ... gah, I'll go swimming later.

Tomorrow it'll be hot as well, but the forecast spoke of thunderstorms in the evening, and they predict it will be cooler and as sunny on Tuesday ...

17. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It turned out that I wasn't just drained. I woke up feeling ill Saturday morning, and spent 100% of my day in bed. :( I could barley eat. I couldn't sleep. It was misery.

Hopefully I'll be able to get up and around a bit today.

18. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Aww, hope you feel better soon hun

19. Disciple of The Watch

Day off tomorrow. FINALLY. I thought this freaking week would never end. The fog runs strong tonight...

20. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Marceror,
    get well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.