1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ye Olde Randome Babble Thread - 112

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Tired... and flying high.

*EDIT* Just found a CD burned by a friend of mine about ~10 years ago. Man, there was some weird songs on that one.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  2. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    Silvery - this might sound strange, or it might not, but I got a bit teary eyed when I read this. Thanks a ton, hon. I really really needed that. It helped to lift my spirits up a bit :)

Owwwww that sounds so painful! If you get the chance to try it, if you haven't already, ice or cold packs and elevating it might help a tiny bit. Is there anything you can use to support and protect it while you're sleeping, and while you have to, I'm sure, hobble around by day? How's the rest of you faring since you seemed to have a nice collection of injuries after that tumble?

I found the cover of a mixed tape a friend of mine gave me 15 years ago - unfortunately no cassette or case to go along with it. I was reading the titles and band names and popping them into iTunes so I could get an idea of what had originally been on it... I know exactly what you mean by weird. Primus is a very interesting band, and their album Pork Soda defines odd to a T. I think I'll have to download it some time because I got a good giggle on listening to those lyrics again after so long.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Had a weekend at LARP at a campaign event, four characters died in total, including Kevs.

However I am now Winter Queen, aspect of Baba Yaga, guardian of the Great Forest of Teutonia.

I've been in three high risk encounters. First one I got an item which makes me immune to fear, second I got a free skill which costs 30 points, third I become an aspect of one of the three ruling gods of Teutonia.

This was my sixth event, there are players who've had characters for years who haven't had that :whoa:

Now, to survive it all!

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    WTF? Since when did a 5-7 years older woman suddenly become a cougar? If I had to place an age on her, I'd say she's 32 years old...tops.

In other news...I love my liver. It's so good to me, even when I assault it with massive amounts of booze. :D

5. Disciple of The Watch

Sailing The Seas of Cheese, Suck on This and Frizzle Fry are also... interesting albums. BTW, did you know that Larry LaLonde is a former death metal guitarist?

ION, day off, and I'm adding vending machine technician on my resume tomorrow, then a freaking meeting. Not looking forward to it, for some obscure reason.

IOON, I got pulled over by the pigs in blue this week. After wasting 3/4 of an hour and having to suffer their pompeous, self-righteous, holier-than-thou attitudes, needless to say I needed to vent... so I created two CAW for SD vs RAW 2010, one being a pig... then, Winamp stumbled upon a track I hadn't heard in years, so offensive it was freaking BANNED and removed from the CD release... COP KILLER! So this was the theme of the second CAW. That pig in blue went through hell in a cell, dropping 30 feet through a table or plainly crashing on the ground, two Emerald Frosions through the destructible part of the cell which led to a nasty fall right to the middle of the ring, oh yeah, landed sick aerial moves through a table with the victim on it twice, got his face rubbed on a title belt, took it full force to the skull, chair shots of all kind including sandwiching body parts for optimal destruction, flaming 2x4, ladders, trash cans, kendo stick, guitars, a ring bell, more tables, sledgehammer shots... as close as it comes to the real deal in terms of sheer destruction and wicked glee.

I love SmackDown vs RAW 2010. THIS is what I freaking call anger management!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    My friend is the woman who inspects the ripples in ice cream!

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

This is too funny not to share -- I don't want a debate on the issue, as it's not even an issue, so I thought I'd just put it here for general amusement. The story begins:

HAHAHA! Betcha that proofreader lost her job! An $18,500 mistake is nothing to sneeze at!

8. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    :lol: Freshly grounded black people... that's one hell of a typo! hahaha

9. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Come on now, just play along, we're talking Cougars here!:D

---------- Added 0 hours, 2 minutes and 22 seconds later... ----------

Now a few of the cannibals out there are going to try out that recipe. Methinks they are going to be a bit disappointed with the taste! :p

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Lol! Freshly ground black people. :shake:

Because, as we all know, the correct terminolgy is "freshly ground African-Americans"...

:p

11. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I thought it was coloured people? That includes all races...even the purple ones

12. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Seeing purple are we Silvery? "Wineder" how that happened? :D

13. Silvery

Media:
    OY! I didn't have a glass of wine last night AT ALL! My treat is to have twice as much tonight

14. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Which reminded me of "The Colour Purple", a book about coloured people.

15. Triactus

Media:
    Meh, my saying is "I had a few beers last night! My treat is to have twice as much tonight!" :D

16. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

OK, LKD is gonna use this thread to place links that I think are mildly amusing and not Alley material. These are not worth starting a new thread for, IMHO. So here's another one. I'm gonna be a lot more careful in the future!

Montresor likes this.
  17. Disciple of The Watch

Why bother with booze when you can have fog?

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I sold my soul years ago...for a donut. :p

In other news...I unpacked all my summer weather clothes, only to find that all my shorts are size 36. That would have been useful last summer, but since my divorce-induced 40lb drop in weight, I put them on, and they fall right off. :bad: The sucky part is, I got a few pairs of shorts that I really like from Costa Rica...so they're not easily replaceable.

19. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    This one's hilarious :lol:

I can almost see the lawsuits as people try to reclaim their lost souls :grin:

Morale of the story: ALWAYS read the EULA!

20. Triactus

Media:
    Meh, I don't care much for fog. I prefer the alcool buz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.