1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ye Olde Randome Babble Thread - 112

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Doesn't that describe all siblings? My brother is 5 years older than I am, and we both want to hit each other in the face... :p

2. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Taking some offense at all that sounds perfectly reasonable to me ... but please don't actually punch your sister. :p

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Awww you're no fun!

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The end justifies the means, Sil. :evil:

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    It's a large, thick blanket that's filled with goose down.
    [​IMG]
    Close, a duvet is a cover for a comforter...so you don't get that fancy white $200 comforter all dirty.

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A duvet cover is a cover for a duvet. A comforter does not need a cover -- it is like a duvet but with an exterior designed for exposure to everyday use.

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You guys sure know your linens. I've never cared about that stuff. Just gimme enough blankets to stay warm in and I don't really care about anything else (as long as they're clean, that is!)

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Ah! In my part of the world we call a comforter a plumeau, or probably rather Plümmo :D From plume.

[​IMG]

9. Kitrax

Media:
    That makes sense. I guess they're called "comforters" here is because, when it's cold...they're just so damn comfortable that you don't want to get out of bed! :D

In other news, I went shooting and bowling this evening to keep my mind occupied since the ex wife got married today. More info in the RRT in the MUG... :mad: [​IMG] :mad:

My shooting is getting better. My grouping is excellent, but I tend to shoot a little low and to the left. As for bowling, I got a 115, 119, and 115 tonight. Not great by any means, but considering that a few months ago, I was bowling an average of 75...that's a very nice improvement. :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    On the plus side, your misery brought us this splendid smiley: [​IMG]

:shake:

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Keep your wrist straight Kit, try to lock it in position and the spin on your ball will become more consistent. Also don't aim at the pins; adjust your stance and release according to the arrows (and aim for the first line of arrows in the lane).

12. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    @Kitrax, if it makes you feel any better, I thought your updated photo album was hilarious. :D

13. Kitrax

Media:
    Yeah, that little dude is pretty awesome, isn't he? :lol:

Two things...first, I don't have a reactive resin ball. I use the house balls...and they don't cut worth a damn. Second, I don't aim at the pins, I aim at the arrows...I know how to bowl in that sense. All the guys I go bowling with give me crap about not having my own shoes or a ball, and my lousy scores, but I just tell them, "Everyone sucks at something...I choose bowling!" :rolleyes:

Glad you enjoyed it. There are a lot of pictures that I like that have her in them...so I did the logical thing to do and removed the wh*re. :D

14. T2Bruno

Media:
    It doesn't matter the cut as long as it's consistent (you simply adjust your release and aim points based on the cut you get). Keep your wrist locked during the release. That little trick gained me 40 pins using a house ball.

15. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    The few times I've tried bowling I have actually managed to score more than 100 points. Per series, even!

I guess Kit and I choose to suck at the same thing. :shake:

16. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hmm...can't see your ex's marriage lasting, it was a bit quick!

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I like that smilie. Reminds me of myself after waking up and not having an energy drink nearby.

18. Silvery

Media:
    Kit, does your ex read your FB comments? Because I like you so I didn't leave the most flattering comments about her on there.....

19. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You define that as unflattering?!?!

I'd hate to see a compliment! :mommy:

20. Silvery

Media:
    I'm too sober to be as unflattering as I'd like :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.