1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ye Olde Randome Babble Thread - 112

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Curse you, Testament for the excellent track Disciples of The Watch... so good I picked it's name as a tribute.

Queen? I think you need a visual aid to remember I'm a guy, Sil... I can accomodate that. :shake:

Bwhahahaha! Let the dark reign begin! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

/evil bastard power trip

Nah. Tricactus is a worthless-do-goody-two-shoes, and the only entertainment I could get from a worthless-do-goody-two-shoes is having them tortured for my amusement. :evil:

Sil, OTOH... I think an arrangement can be found. :evil:

/evil bastard power trip

:shake:

2. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Bah, just name me the paladin knight in shinning armor of your realm... or your justice minister... :)

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Paladin? In MY kingdom, do-goody paladin is going to be tortured until I'm bored, then swing from the gallows as a reminder as what happens to those who try to bring "light" to my realm!

*EDIT* I 100% approve of Cara being High Chief Executioner. He has the killer instinct, evil intent, devious mind and the violent imagination required for the post. Sorry 'bout your damn luck Tricactus, you worthless-do-goody-two-shoes!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'll settle for being the court jester/power behind the throne... :mad:

Do you know what D does to Paladins? You're entering a world of pain my friend... :D

As the official court jester I shall also be acting as the high chief executioner. :evil:

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I washed my down comforter today...it's so big I had to take it to the laundromat and use their jumbo-sized machines. Even in a nice neighborhood...I didn't want to just leave; for fear that my $200 comforter might mysteriously disappear. :bad:
    Makes me glad I've never had to rely on such places

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    What's a comforter?

Tri, you can be my script writer!

7. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A few pages back someone stated that all Americans "shoot first and ask questions later." As an American, I'm here to dispel that myth.

"Say what?" (sound of gun cocking)

Notice the order that those things happened. Okay, myth dispelled! :D

Alright, I admit it, I don't even own a gun, but that's beside the point....

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Sil, I believe it's a duvet, or something similar.

Having to go to the laundrette myself today :( At least Kev is off work to keep me company. Will be nice to have an actual selection of clothes again.

9. Caradhras

Media:
    I've only fired a gun a few times when I was 10. I was thrilled and already a James Bond fan. I can understand the appeal but as a grown up I really don't care about guns. Swords on the other hand are things of beauty. :love:

I saw an actual Claymore when I was in Scotland, that thing was HUGE -almost 6' long! :hahaerr:

10. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I think that there are some firerams that are so well crafted as to be potentially 'beautiful,' depending on your sensibilities, but most are obviously utilitarian devices. And while there are a lot of people that have a genuine interest in them (sort of like car buffs, for example), many simply like things that go bang when you pull the trigger. ;)

11. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I have an uncle who is into guns. Growing up, he took me out shooting a few times. He'd drive a group of us to the middle of nowhere in the mountains, and we'd camp for a couple of days, shooting guns to pass the time during the day. I fired mostly a 12 gauge shotgun, a 22, and something called a 30-yatch-6 (sp?).

It was enjoyable. We shot only at inanimate targets. My mother was most displeased when I returned home with my shoulder black and blue from firing the 12 gauge. I was most pleased to get back to having access to toilets and showers.

12. Gaear

Media:
    :lol: 30-06? (thirty-aught-six)

You would have gotten beat up by that too. Young Marceror preferred the big guns! ;)

13. Marceror

Media:
    :o

This is stuff that I did more than 20 years ago, so the fact that I remember any of the details is pretty good. ;)

Now that you mention it, I think I only fired a few shots from the 30-06, and decided I was done with that one. I might have shot the 12 gauge 8 - 10 times in a day, at most. 90% of the time, I was shooting the 22, as it didn't seem to hate me like the other guns did.

We had some pistols with us also, but I don't remember what they were.

14. Gaear

Media:
    That's still pretty tough (with the 12 gauge) for a young guy, but try 100 or more in an afternoon with a tactical shotgun for a real beat-down. :bang:

15. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I've never fired a gun before... I fired a pellet handgun once, but that doesn't count. I don't know. Guns are not really that appealing to me...

16. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Me and my sister have always been quite close, we used to hang out together, go out on a night, go shopping etc. Even when I moved out things stayed the same. She's Ashleys God-mother as well.
    Last year, a friend of hers (who I'm also friends with) had a baby. Everything was fine and we all used to get together a lot. Anyway, just before the friend found out she was pregnant, her and her fella came over to my house, we had a meal, a few drinks and they went home. My sister went mental with me and the friend because 'it wasn't fair'. Apparantly, I had no right to invite her over and she had no right to accept.

Moving on, in the past few months my sister has got weirder. On Sunday the friend came over forr Ashleys birthday and we were trying to organise another night for us all to get together. My sister went mad again saying that we had no right to do that without her!

Totally forgot my point in this!

Since the friend had her baby, my sister has pretty much dumped me and Ashley. We make plans to go round or for her to come here and then she cancels at the last minute because the friend has asked her over. She tells me she's going to have an early night but then puts it on facebook she's been out with the friend etc. A couple of weeks ago I brought it up and she shouted at me 'Well I am the babys Godmother!' to which I replied 'So that church thing we did with Ashley meant what then?' at which point she shut up.

I'm really pissed off now with her. Today she came round for the morning, her phone rang and all of a sudden she HAD to go because she was going out with the friend.

The thing is, the friend is getting sick of her attitude, she hadn't realised that my sister was doing this and she feels really bad. So, am I over-reacting?

17. Caradhras

Media:
    @Silvery: Maybe she just feels left out (I assume that she hasn't got a child of her own). Just try to be patient and supportive although it can be tricky not to lose one's temper. Keep trying to spend some time with her and have some fun like you used to. I've noticed that when kids are in the picture it often acts as a wedge between friends (especially when one has a kid and the other doesn't). The fact that she is your sister probably complicates things, still the friend's reaction is sound. It may not be easy for your sister to see that you and her friend are getting closer now that you're both mothers and that she is not part of that "club" (anyway that's just my uneducated opinion).

18. Silvery

Media:
    Yeah, I get that but I've been trying to make plans for us to do stuff together. I've invited her round, suggested we go for a night out, asked her if she wants go for lunch, arranged to meet up and go shopping, all the stuff we used to do but everytime we arrange something, she calls at the last minute and says that she's made plans with 'the friend' (leaving out names on purpose!). The friend is a fab woman, now she knows what's going on, if she finds out my sister is cancelling on me (and my mum) then she tells her to forget it but it just feels like her family is second best now

19. Caradhras

Media:
    It's probably just a phase. Blood is thicker than water. It may be difficult for her right now, she probably feels that you're growing up and that she is left behind because she has no child of her own. I don't know if she's much younger than you are. Don't lose patience Sil, she'll come around.

20. Silvery

Media:
    2 years younger...I might just punch her in the face

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.