1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ye Olde Randome Babble Thread - 112

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Oh, it means white dyke... :p

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Fair enough

4. Triactus

Media:
    (I'll tell you a secret, Sil. I don't know what WD means either...)

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think it's a brand name (Western Digital?).

Either than or the WD series (WD-40, etc.)

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    water dispersant -- WD-40 was the 40th version of water dispersant used in the Blackhawk project (SR-71), it was used to prevent ice build-up as the plane went to high altitude.

7. Silvery

Media:
    Oh

Anyway I got a photo today :) I'm sponsoring a boy in Zambia called Nicholas and he sent me a picture of him; he's a little sweetie

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If he can afford to send you a picture of himself, why do you need to sponsor him?

9. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Gotta love those stock pictures.

10. Silvery

Media:
    OK, the charity sent me it. It was still nice :lol:

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

It was a 500GB Caviar. I got this F'ER as one of two gifts at the end of my internship prior to wrapping that computer tech course.

Such a premature death makes my 7 year old 120GB Seagate Barracuda look like a tough SOB that just won't die.

The new 1TB drive is a WD. But, I have a three freaking year warranty.

The bad sectors reared their head in the OS partition. Some programs plainly refused to run, others ran and then crashed. The drive was heavily partitioned, so I deleted the OS, and I'm going to hook it up as a secondary HD while I transfer everything I can on the new drive and retire the 500GB. This XP install was 1+year old too, so let's call that a fresh start. The 120GB Barracuda is dedicated to FreeBSD.

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bah! Black Hawk is a helicopter (UH-60), the SR-71 was the Blackbird. And according to the company, WD-40 was first used to potect the oustide of the Atlas from corrosion.

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Damn! You beat me to it! Kids these days and all their misinformation! :geezer:

Anyway...continuing the car stereo saga...

I want to (and have to) keep my OEM radio since the dual-zone climate control and HVAC controls are all multiplexed together. The problem is, OEM radios put out garbage sound quality...so I would have to buy a device to strip off all that garbage from the pristene audio signals (i.e. JL Audio CleanSweep). From there, I would have to feed the signals in to a 5ch AMP. Add on to that a completely revamped power distribution solution from the battery. All in all, it looks like it's going to cost about $1300. That's a lot of cash I don't have. :aww:

But since I need new speakers A.S.A.P. (at least for the front), I'm probably going to buy one component each month...hell, the AMP alone is $500... :bad:

For anyone who cares, I'm going with a JL Audio CleanSweep DSP, and Infinity Kappa series speakers, sub, and 5ch AMP. :money:

14. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What an ignorant jerk that T2 is ... didn't even know the difference between a helicopter and spy jet (let alone the Atlas program) ... clueless.

15. Splunge

Media:
    "Jerk" may be a bit harsh. Let's say "fool" instead, and leave it at that.

16. Triactus

Media:
    I learned this morning that I'm going to Los Angeles for a couple of days for my job at the end of june! I probably won't have time to sight see, but I'll be in LA! :)

17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My condolences... ;)

18. Triactus

Media:
    It's that bad? :lol:

19. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, actually it is. Good Luck Tri, nice knowing ya!;)

---------- Added 0 hours, 44 minutes and 31 seconds later... ----------

Been sick over the last three days. Ugh, Me no feel good! Sinus,Ears,throat and chest all at the same time. And I have a Warrior-dash this weekend. It's a marathon (literally, you have to run a bit) that involves beer drinking, live music, wearing viking helmets and crawling through mud underneath barbed-wire. Should be a blast, if only I can get myself back into shape, feeling really crappy still.

Noob question... how to you change a link to words instead of the address? Yes, I'm a supernoob!:)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  20. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Choose the advanced editor, highlight the words you want to create a link on, and enter the link in the dialog box that shows up. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.